Josh Allen under pressure? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Allen under pressure?

Virginia99

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Was brought up today on First Things First. Did not perform well in the playoffs last year and was not great last week. Could this be a trend? I doubt it, but the Dolphins have to slow him down and maybe, just maybe make this guy start thinking. Big contract and sky high expectations. I can tell you this, whatever we tried to do to him in the past needs to get thrown out the window. Pull a George Costanza and do everything opposite.

I don’t think this game looks anything like the Steelers game. Their front 7 is on a whole other level. As good as our secondary is, that’s not the way to beat the Bills - their WRs are too good at getting separation. I don’t care who the DBs are, one of them will get separation if Allen has 5 seconds to throw the ball.

Our offense is going to need to show up. I don’t see us winning scoring less than 4 TDS.

I don’t think this game looks anything like the Steelers game. Their front 7 is on a whole other level. As good as our secondary is, that’s not the way to beat the Bills - their WRs are too good at getting separation. I don’t care who the DBs are, one of them will get separation if Allen has 5 seconds to throw the ball.

Our offense is going to need to show up. I don’t see us winning scoring less than 4 TDS.

Yeah, not having Davis hurts us because I am not sure we can get pressure up the middle without him. Allen is mobile enough that if we blitz, he could make us pay. Naturally, we are going to mix it up, I am sure. Do you think we need to play zone? I am not happy about how that looked last week, but it's another week, and hopefully, we get some things cleaned up—still hoping for a win!

Last time these teams face off Miami got embarrassed plain and simple. If it wasn’t for that game I would say Miami loses this Sunday, but now I’m not so sure about that.

I foresee a close game with Miami pressuring Allen more this time around with Phillips making an appearance. Add to that the heat and humidity that will negatively impact the bills performance.

If I were to guess, Allen probably struggles with pressure with defenses in zone coverage.

Running man majority of the time plays into his strengths. I know it’s our strength as well, but I suspect we may play more zone this week. But we will see.

I agree with you, I posted in another thread about bringing pressure against Allen to slow him down, make him think instead of reacting naturally, however, our offense has to show up and score points, anything less than 4td like you said will not get us this win IMO, this won't be a low scoring game at least on the Bills part.

Easier said than done with Allen. I just think our DEs are too slow to get him. DEs with decent speed seem to get to him more often.
Our best pass rusher, Ogbah, is slow as molasses, he is not bad, but not fast.

I agree with you, I posted in another thread about bringing pressure against Allen to slow him down, make him think instead of reacting naturally, however, our offense has to show up and score points, anything less than 4td like you said will not get us this win IMO, this won't be a low scoring game at least on the Bills part.

I sure was hopeful that our offense would be more explosive with the addition of Fuller and Waddle to a reasonably decent core of Parker, Wilson, Williams, Grant, and Gesicki. This would be an excellent week for us to open up a can of whoop-ass!

Whoop Ass Reaction GIF

Our defense has given up over 21 points, and over 50 points in two different games last season. We can score on Buffalo without a doubt, but if we don't play our cards right they will outscore us. So if there is a recipe we want to steal, it is the recipe the steelers used. When Josh Allen is under pressure, and the offense scores less than 21 points the Bills are less of a threat. We couldn't pressure Mac Jones like we wanted to at all, so if the same recipe as last week comes this week then Josh will have a redemption game.

I sure was hopeful that our offense would be more explosive with the addition of Fuller and Waddle to a reasonably decent core of Parker, Wilson, Williams, Grant, and Gesicki. This would be an excellent week for us to open up a can of whoop-***!

Whoop *** Reaction GIF

I never imagined that whoop ass was a liquid.

josh allen is a problem no matter what you throw at him. need to switch things up, disguise, and throw as many different looks at him as possible.

if he has time to throw his arm strength will allow him to fire one in any where on the field.

if he is pressured he can take off an run and bulldoze any defender we have on the second or third level. possibly jalen phillips if you count him as a lb could match up well but otherwise allen is running people over. baker, who i assume we will use as a spy at times, can keep up speed wise but is smaller than allen. i would try to deploy phillips instead. probably wouldn't see this coming if i am a bills coach.

so with that said, we need to make him uncomfortable pre snap by not staying in the same look for the same situations and get him thinking. we also need to play as disciplined as possible. d line needs to stay in their lanes. zone passoffs need to be perfect. db leverage in the slot and boundaries needs to be perfect.

i think we will give up yards in the run game by design. similar to last week i think the move is that they will get yards between the 20s but then hang on in the redzone and limit to fgs if possible.

bills have had our number really since 2012, where they are 13-5 against us, including winning the last 5 and last 7 of 8.

the blue collar teams like the bills, ravens, and others have killed us in recent times. we need to match them physically and discipline-wise.

we do have the speed and athleticism to be able to score on offense, but we need tua to step up and put 30 points on the board, something that he hasn't done yet. the only game that he led where we scored over 30 points was the arizona game and that included a defensive td so i dont really count that.

Was brought up today on First Things First. Did not perform well in the playoffs last year and was not great last week. Could this be a trend? I doubt it, but the Dolphins have to slow him down and maybe, just maybe make this guy start thinking. Big contract and sky high expectations. I can tell you this, whatever we tried to do to him in the past needs to get thrown out the window. Pull a George Costanza and do everything opposite.
There's no question he has some bad games, even last year.

But I do agree with your George Costanza reference. The question is what do you do?

Would be great if Miami could get pressure without blitzing. Maybe bring in an extra safety or defensive back and give Allen different looks.

He's a great player but if he has a weakness Allen is not a fast processor. Meaning he needs the offensive line to give him time.

Back
Top Bottom