Josh Allen under pressure? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Allen under pressure?

I don’t think this game looks anything like the Steelers game. Their front 7 is on a whole other level. As good as our secondary is, that’s not the way to beat the Bills - their WRs are too good at getting separation. I don’t care who the DBs are, one of them will get separation if Allen has 5 seconds to throw the ball.

Our offense is going to need to show up. I don’t see us winning scoring less than 4 TDS.
I actually think you are spot on.

It's going to have to be Miami's offense that steps up. A defense can only do so much against a talented offense like Buffalo.

Not saying that a good defensive effort can't limit the Bills, but the Dolphins need the offense to show up big.

Dolphins hit Mac Jones 8 times. Most hits on a QB in the NFL. 2 times more than anyone else.
Blitzed Mac Jones 21 times. 2nd most in the NFL.
Pressured 11 times, which is 10th most in the NFL.

Mac Jones doesn't have any running ability, Allen does. I think they'll bring the pressure, however the difficult part will be keeping Allen from running and throwing the deep ball.

Last time these teams face off Miami got embarrassed plain and simple. If it wasn’t for that game I would say Miami loses this Sunday, but now I’m not so sure about that.

I foresee a close game with Miami pressuring Allen more this time around with Phillips making an appearance. Add to that the heat and humidity that will negatively impact the bills performance.
If we stay on the field as long as we did last week the heat/humidity will really hurt our D. We need to fix that issue. At least try to keep TOP close.

josh allen is a problem no matter what you throw at him. need to switch things up, disguise, and throw as many different looks at him as possible.

if he has time to throw his arm strength will allow him to fire one in any where on the field.

if he is pressured he can take off an run and bulldoze any defender we have on the second or third level. possibly jalen phillips if you count him as a lb could match up well but otherwise allen is running people over. baker, who i assume we will use as a spy at times, can keep up speed wise but is smaller than allen. i would try to deploy phillips instead. probably wouldn't see this coming if i am a bills coach.

so with that said, we need to make him uncomfortable pre snap by not staying in the same look for the same situations and get him thinking. we also need to play as disciplined as possible. d line needs to stay in their lanes. zone passoffs need to be perfect. db leverage in the slot and boundaries needs to be perfect.

i think we will give up yards in the run game by design. similar to last week i think the move is that they will get yards between the 20s but then hang on in the redzone and limit to fgs if possible.

bills have had our number really since 2012, where they are 13-5 against us, including winning the last 5 and last 7 of 8.

the blue collar teams like the bills, ravens, and others have killed us in recent times. we need to match them physically and discipline-wise.

we do have the speed and athleticism to be able to score on offense, but we need tua to step up and put 30 points on the board, something that he hasn't done yet. the only game that he led where we scored over 30 points was the arizona game and that included a defensive td so i dont really count that.

Let's stick to our history with Josh Allen in the last 3 straight games that we lost against him. He has technically been averaging 300 yards, and 4 tds. And in the last two games? 1st game he threw 4 td's against us, and in the 2nd game he threw 3 td's, and the back up qb threw another one against us. So this is a game that our offense needs to score at least 4 td's total if they want to win or stay competitive, or a pair of field goals. And our defense couldn't stop the Patriots consistently last week, so they will be really tested this week. I personally think that our linebacker core this season is not as good as a unit, but let's see what happens. If we don't put the pressure early on him, he is going to have another field day.

Easier said than done with Allen. I just think our DEs are too slow to get him. DEs with decent speed seem to get to him more often.
Our best pass rusher, Ogbah, is slow as molasses, he is not bad, but not fast.
Phillips is plenty fast...just put him on him all day long.

I watched most of the game on Sunday, also rewatched the beginning as they replayed it in NFLN yesterday. They didn’t look like an NFL offense. Diggs was frustrated 5 minutes into the game. A second straight week of inactivity and that dude will start to bitch.

Josh Allen isn’t NFL accurate. He has incredible velocity so quite a few passes will get right to his intended target, mostly though it’s when a play has broken down and the first wave of pass rush was ineffective. Also his athletic ability is absolutely top shelf along with his toughness.

Allen was by far my favorite QB in that class when they were coming out so I was initially a fan. Not so much right now. He took advantage of a weak division last year, that’s not going to continue.

While I would still take him over Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, certainly not over Lamar Jackson though. LJ is more accurate.

Don’t forget Allen had a league leading 21 DROPPED int’s last year. That’s a big number.

On no planet is Allen in Watson’s league. I say Watson because of the similar contract. Never mind Tua vs Allen. Not a debate for me as one is ultra accurate and cheap and the other is the opposite.

I don’t think this game looks anything like the Steelers game. Their front 7 is on a whole other level. As good as our secondary is, that’s not the way to beat the Bills - their WRs are too good at getting separation. I don’t care who the DBs are, one of them will get separation if Allen has 5 seconds to throw the ball.

Our offense is going to need to show up. I don’t see us winning scoring less than 4 TDS.
Agreed. I think the magic number is 150 rushing yards for TOP, and 2 TDs on the ground and 2 in the air. minimum.

If you can pressure Allen all game rushing only 4 like like the Steelers did then you might be on to something.

In reality how many teams can do that though, plus the chewing out the OL received after that game imo they would protect it better this time around.

Here’s an idea - put Jakeem Grant on D as the spy 🕵️‍♀️!!!
So he can end up looking like this kid if Allen ends up taking off?

1p4b9_MMaeDLEfF_5GiOGJg.gif

Last edited:
If you can pressure Allen all game rushing only 4 like like the Steelers did then you might be on to something.

In reality how many teams can do that though, plus the chewing out the OL received after that game imo they would protect it better this time around.

I think the first paragraph goes for any QB in the league.

Though I do think if we can get there on the blitz it will make some difference in his game...but we actually have to finish the plays rather than let him break a sack and locate his 2nd or 3rd option.

I'm actually pretty high on Allen and thought he would be a star his rookie year when everyone was saying he sucked, so you won't see me saying its going to be an easy thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom