Josh Allen’s progress over the last 3 years | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Allen’s progress over the last 3 years

Tua is further along than Allen in decision making and accuracy.

If you don’t understand the difference between the the fans frustration with not making the playoffs and the ridiculous comments about Tua needing to be replaced as the Dolphins QB after less than a year in the league. I certainly can’t help you. Blaming him for how the badly the entire team played yesterday and then wanting to draft another QB with the third pick is a way of responding to a loss that I just don’t understand.
If you dont understand the difference between tua and fitzpatricks play thats on you. A difference of 1.45 any/a. The team knows that. So when the coach continually puts out the worse qb how do you think the team will react? How do you think the team would react of shula benched marino for scott mitchell? Career any/a difference of 1.33.

Hey jayjab Clearly would like to put something else that would rhyme with your name. 62-51-1 shut up P also 45 -7? Oooooo F off troll do those 4 SBs losses still sting F Boy?

If you dont understand the difference between tua and fitzpatricks play thats on you. A difference of 1.45 any/a. The team knows that. So when the coach continually puts out the worse qb how do you think the team will react? How do you think the team would react of shula benched marino for scott mitchell? Career any/a difference of 1.33.
Lmfao. Are you really going to compare the Tua/Fitz situation to Marino and Mitchell? :bobdole:

Lmfao. Are you really going to compare the Tua/Fitz situation to Marino and Mitchell? :bobdole:
The difference between play of mitchell/marino is smaller than the difference between tua/fitz. Thats how bad that flores decision was.

Allen coming to the NFL, and in college, was a far different beast than Tua.

We actually had grown men tossing around the idea of letting Tua wear #13.

I'm glad his play has subconsciously dispelled that lunacy.

Draft Sam Ehlinger from Texas in the second round. Big, fast, mobile, strong arm. Put Tua in a Wentz situation immediately.

As a Bills fan who has watched Allen develop, I don’t think you can compare Tua to Allen.

In my opinion (which is not worth much), I think Miami should do whatever they have to do to get Fields.

Miami has a great coach in Flo, a good defense, and some pieces on offense.

Add Fields and we can get back to the 90’s rivalry Bills-Dolphins.

Just my opinion.

You absolutely can compare the two.

Josh Allen was complete dogshit as a passer going into the draft, having never had a 300 yard passing game and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

His first two years in the NFL he was so incredibly up and down as a passer that you were wondering if he'd ever reach 60% for completions.

This season was far and away better statistically than anyone could have ever imagined. I can't recall another quarterback improving their completion percentage by 10 percentage points from one season to the next. It's absolutely bonkers.

Tua was an incredibly clean prospect as far as skill goes, it was the injury question that made some people not want to draft him.

Tua and Allen aren't in the same stratosphere when you compare them as draft prospects entering the NFL.

Draft Sam Ehlinger from Texas in the second round. Big, fast, mobile, strong arm. Put Tua in a Wentz situation immediately.

second round? lolololol breh he may not go until the 6th or 7th round.

I think they were in the same stratosphere, just different accounting reports, and one of them (Allen), clearly had more boom or bust potential.

No doubt Tua has a better handle on the game than Allen at the same point and clearly more accurate. The advantage Allen had then was that he was good (even then) for 2 or 3 holy **** plays per game. Those plays that only a small number of people can accomplish and they gave us a glimpse into a future Josh Allen. It is why so few Bills fans turned against him, despite the numbers.

You absolutely can compare the two.

Josh Allen was complete dogshit as a passer going into the draft, having never had a 300 yard passing game and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

His first two years in the NFL he was so incredibly up and down as a passer that you were wondering if he'd ever reach 60% for completions.

This season was far and away better statistically than anyone could have ever imagined. I can't recall another quarterback improving their completion percentage by 10 percentage points from one season to the next. It's absolutely bonkers.

Tua was an incredibly clean prospect as far as skill goes, it was the injury question that made some people not want to draft him.

Tua and Allen aren't in the same stratosphere when you compare them as draft prospects entering the NFL.
Also GREATLY assisted by the play of Diggs.

Gotta love the Bills trolls... when they sucked for the better part of 25 years you don’t hear from them, then they get a taste of success and they become big time a$$holes... I grew up in Niagara Falls, Canada- been to Bills games, and I remember getting beer thrown at me when I was 13, because I was wearing a Marino jersey... grown men calling on a kid because I was a Dolphin fan- drunk and verbally aggressive, scared the $hit out of my family... never experienced that in any other stadium I’ve been too...very disappointed in the loss today but I am glad I am not a part of the most ignorant, disgusting fan base in the NFL
Gosh - don't be such a baby. Toughen up dude.

Love all these Tua haters thinking homeboy Should be as good as Allen in his first season. Allen was absolute garbage last 2 seasons. Tua's numbers year one are much better then Allen’s were. It’s amazing all the haters thinking tua is not the answer and we need to draft a QB
Much better? I like Tua, but he like Josh Allen had plenty of highs and lows their rookie years. Tua also benefited from having been in a better college program and had a 69.3 comp% in college, while Allen (who got no Div I offers and had to play JUCO) played in a "lesser" program and had a 56.2 comp% in college. Tua had a good rookie year with a 64.1 comp%, and Allen was at 52.8 his rookie year. Both were about 4-5 points lower than in college. Allen played in more games and had more yards, but only had 30 more attempts passing than Tua. If Tua threw a bit more they'd have been close in passing yardage. Another thing to consider is that Allen was pressured 29.2% of the time his rookie year vs Tua's 13.5%... that has a fairly substantial affect on comp%. Allen also had 631 yds rushing and 8 TD's vs Tua's 109 yds rushing and 3 TD's. Only here to point out Allen and Tua had fairly equal affects for their respective teams and Tua will hopefully develop for you the way Allen has, but was hardly MUCH better if at all than Allen year one.

Back
Top Bottom