Josh Gordon is applying for reinstatement | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Gordon is applying for reinstatement

The guy is a great football player villified for smoking weed. A medicine that is legal in most states and is now becoming fully legal recreationally.

If we needed a WR he would be a good get, but I think we are set at WR.

If it's only for weed, weren't they in the process of changing that?

It's worth a look, I suppose if it's only weed. It's just a plant, after all.
It's not the weed part that is a problem.

Its that it is against the rules and this jackass was caught 5 times.

If you worked for Coca Cola, and they said one of their rules was, don't drink Pepsi products at work, but you did it anyway and were stupid enough to get caught 5 TIMES!!!!!, wouldn't;t it be time for Coca Cola to cut bait with you?

Sure. The guy couldn't NOT stop smoking weed? Sounds like he's not a pro like he wants to be paid to be....
explain to me the risk vs reward. Again same thing for Peters, Clowney Logan.....one year deal w a club option. Fans are so adverse into taking risks. This is not, however, a $30M guaranteed deal over 3-4 years, where the dead cap money is like $60M like it was a season ago. To me it sends a message that no positions are safe and you better lock it down

Sure. The guy couldn't NOT stop smoking weed? Sounds like he's not a pro like he wants to be paid to be....
It's probably better for pain than the pills are. Healthier too.
OK, how about opium/
I personally don't have a problem with people using it, but then again, I don't make the rules. I think MJ is better than opioids at managing pain (for a whole host of reasons). If players can take a whole gob of pills made of opioids, they should be allowed to use prescribed cannabis also.

explain to me the risk vs reward. Again same thing for Peters, Clowney Logan.....one year deal w a club option. Fans are so adverse into taking risks. This is not, however, a $30M guaranteed deal over 3-4 years, where the dead cap money is like $60M like it was a season ago. To me it sends a message that no positions are safe and you better lock it down
It also sends the message, **** up as much as you want and break whatever rules you want, if you run fast you'll be given chance after chance after chance.

It's not the weed part that is a problem.

Its that it is against the rules and this jackass was caught 5 times.

If you worked for Coca Cola, and they said one of their rules was, don't drink Pepsi products at work, but you did it anyway and were stupid enough to get caught 5 TIMES!!!!!, wouldn't;t it be time for Coca Cola to cut bait with you?
So with the relaxed rules on it, bring him in, sign him to a minimum deal with an easy-out (especially if he gets tossed again). Low risk, potentially high reward.

So with the relaxed rules on it, bring him in, sign him to a minimum deal with an easy-out (especially if he gets tossed again). Low risk, potentially high reward.
You're missing the point because you're a proponent of weed.
Forget the weed part, this guy refuses to follow the rules. Why bring that onto your extremely young team?

It's probably better for pain than the pills are. Healthier too.

I personally don't have a problem with people using it, but then again, I don't make the rules. I think MJ is better than opioids at managing pain (for a whole host of reasons). If players can take a whole gob of pills made of opioids, they should be allowed to use prescribed cannabis also.

Your comment on pot was "It's worth a look, I suppose if it's only weed. It's just a plant, after all."
So is opium. Since both are plants, it's no0p big deal?

For me, doesn't matter what we think. I think he's DOA in Flo's mind

Your comment on pot was "It's worth a look, I suppose if it's only weed. It's just a plant, after all."
So is opium. Since both are plants, it's no0p big deal?

For me, doesn't matter what we think. I think he's DOA in Flo's mind
Just like anything, if it's abused, it's a problem. Before you say it...we don't know that he's abusing the drug. He's obviously had a few failed tests; those results can be skewed. If he's playing at an exceptional level, I don't see the problem.

Just like anything, if it's abused, it's a problem. Before you say it...we don't know that he's abusing the drug. He's obviously had a few failed tests; those results can be skewed. If he's playing at an exceptional level, I don't see the problem.
why does he deserve the benefit of the doubt?

Was it the 3rd time he was caught? 4th? 5th?

You're missing the point because you're a proponent of weed.
Forget the weed part, this guy refuses to follow the rules. Why bring that onto your extremely young team?
No, I'm not missing the point. I'm just not getting on my moral high horse because a talented dude has failed a few tests. Is he a distraction? Is he beating on his spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend/kids? If not, and his only crime is getting high a few times and missing a test...that's just not a big deal to me.

Back
Top Bottom