Josh Gordon is applying for reinstatement | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Gordon is applying for reinstatement

In the end, what I think doesn't matter. What the drug warrior crusaders think doesn't matter. The team probably won't take him on, but if they did, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

BuT tHe RuLeZ mAn!!!11!!!...lol

We're building a team of winners. The only players under consideration are team first, quality guys with some leadership qualities. Who would bet millions on a 5 time failure. Hard pass, granite hard.

In the end, what I think doesn't matter. What the drug warrior crusaders think doesn't matter. The team probably won't take him on, but if they did, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

BuT tHe RuLeZ mAn!!!11!!!...lol
You still don't get it.

I don't care about weed one or the other and don't care if its legal or not. Smoke it or don't, I don't care.

The problem is it shows terrible judgement, because he's risking an extremely lucrative and rewarding professional career for something he does for fun and is so stupid, he can't not get caught.

That is not the person you hire. Regardless of the job or the reason behind the rule he broke.

Just like anything, if it's abused, it's a problem. Before you say it...we don't know that he's abusing the drug. He's obviously had a few failed tests; those results can be skewed. If he's playing at an exceptional level, I don't see the problem.

We disagree

If it's only for weed, weren't they in the process of changing that?

It's worth a look, I suppose if it's only weed. It's just a plant, after all.

I can absolutely confirm weed is not his only issue. Huge talent but he doesn't have it straight between the ears. No knocking him or anything, but I wouldn't want the team I root for to throw millions of dollars on him.

Just like anything, if it's abused, it's a problem. Before you say it...we don't know that he's abusing the drug. He's obviously had a few failed tests; those results can be skewed. If he's playing at an exceptional level, I don't see the problem.

But he hasn't been playing at exceptional level soooooo, NO he's not worth looking at. I dont think he should be allowed back in the NFL. How many chances does this guy need? everyone else is following the rules.

We took Ricky back before and he probably smoked the Amazon Rainforest in his lifetime.

We'll just have to agree to disagree gentlemen. I don't think we should handicap ourselves because someone has made a bad decision or two in their lifetime...we all have. There's a chorus of you that feels differently. I'm not going to change your minds and you're not going to make me change mine. In the end, the team will do what it does.

When was the last time he actually played a full season w/o being suspended? To me feels like a progress stopper for younger players already on the roster. Genuinely i don't understand why there would any interest from our organization. He's proven one thing in his career that stands out, he's not reliable. The 2 abilities that would serve Josh Gordon best with any team he doesn't have. Reliability and Availability.

Last edited:
We took Ricky back before and he probably smoked the Amazon Rainforest in his lifetime.

We'll just have to agree to disagree gentlemen. I don't think we should handicap ourselves because someone has made a bad decision or two in their lifetime...we all have. There's a chorus of you that feels differently. I'm not going to change your minds and you're not going to make me change mine. In the end, the team will do what it does.
I wish you'd actually read the arguments against this instead of just assuming it is all anti-weed, when none of it is.

Wasn't some parts of his suspensions due to alcohol as well?

NFL is turning a blind eye to weed and most drugs now. I think the bigger question about Gordon is how he is in the locker room?
Is he a substance abuser who is a good teammate?

At this point it's not about weed or whatever Gordon was suspened for. It's all about him repeatly showing that if there's a line drawn and he's told not to cross it or he'll lose the ability to play football he doesn't have the ability or discipline to not cross that line. I don't see how anyone could sign him and expect this time will be any different that the prior 5 or 6.

I know who will be replying and what he will say lol.
Just curious, should Miami be looking at anyone? or do we have a championship team?

per ESPN, WR should be looked at (and Clowney, dare I say)
We are a year away from a dynasty and it is because we aren’t signing players like Josh or Clowney.

Back
Top Bottom