Josh Gordon is applying for reinstatement | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Gordon is applying for reinstatement

Just like anything, if it's abused, it's a problem. Before you say it...we don't know that he's abusing the drug. He's obviously had a few failed tests; those results can be skewed. If he's playing at an exceptional level, I don't see the problem.

He is abusing it amongst other things

Availability is the most important ability.

Josh consistently took chances on being unavailable by breaking a well defined rule and consistently lost.

Do you think he learned anything from that experience and if so, what did he learn?

If his answer to that question is "not to get caught", then we don't need him.

If his answer to that question is "not to do it again", that raises the question as to wither or not you believe him.

Frankly, I think he'll say anything to get reinstated, so my answer is I won't believe him if he says he learned his lesson.

I am not interested in seeing him on this team.

If they were to let players use weed without any ramifications, I'd take him for a 1 year prove it deal...Why the hell not, smoking weed doesnt make you a bad person at all and not following a stupid rule could be viewed alot more different ways than just "bad character"... I admire Ricky Williams for saying FU to the NFL and living life on his terms...

Gordon played for ~2M last season... He played in 11 games and started 7, he reeled in 426 yards with 15.8 yards per reception. You're not finding that kind of production for 2M per anywhere else, at least without using a top 50 draft pick for it...

Last edited:
This is a weird gray area for me, specifically with debates about the substance in question. Because it invariably turns into a "Weed being illegal is stupid" debate.

Which...I happen to agree with, but it isn't the point.

Josh Gordon is a staggeringly blessed individual for two reasons:

1) He has crazy WR skills. Those skills gave him numerous opportunities at making an enormous amount of money, despite a series of amazingly bad decisions.

2) The NFL is apparently no longer going to test for weed, which means (hopefully) if he gets reinstated, he won't get suspended again.

He stands a very good chance of basically doing what the **** he wanted for a long, long time and getting away with it financially because his employer eventually relaxed its standards.

All of this said? I hope it works out for him.

I've always liked the guy and hoped he'd overcome his issues, but he continually ends up blowing it. He played well in NE, not so well in Seattle as their third WR. Crazy how many chances he's gotten, he has to be running out of his nine lives. I don't see him playing in Miami, but who knows, maybe Flores liked him in their year together in NE and would bring him in for a look.

Last edited:
When was the last time he actually played a full season w/o being suspended? To me feels like a progress stopper for younger players already on the roster. Genuinely i don't understand why there would any interest from our organization. He's proven one thing in his career that stands out, he's not reliable. The 2 abilities that would serve Josh Gordon best with any team he doesn't have. Reliability and Availability.
There won't be any interest from our organization.

I know who will be replying and what he will say lol.
Just curious, should Miami be looking at anyone? or do we have a championship team?

per ESPN, WR should be looked at (and Clowney, dare I say)
[URL unfur

Heck yeah we need a crackhead on the team. Post of the year.

Was the anti-Gordon crowd crowing the same old melody when we re-instated Ricky and brought him back? I mean, “hE wUz A qUiTtAr!!!11!!” after all.

Ricky smoked a forest, quit on us...but I was happy when we brought him back, because he added something to the team talent-wise.

To me, if you suppported one but not the other, you’re a hypocrite of the highest order, and I can’t take you seriously. If you’ve held a steady line through it all..I can respect your opinion, though I may not agree with it. We can all be civil folks.

Now...if it were Ray Rice, Kareem Hunt, Akron Smith, or any other notable women beaters...that’s a big “no” from me, they have no place in the league. They’re committing harmful acts against other people...whereas flying a few airplanes doesn’t hurt anyone except maybe the refrigerator.

As I’ve stated earlier though...it’s likely we won’t even give him a sniff, and he probably winds back up with Seattle (where by all accounts he was an exemplary member of their team)...so this is just arguing for the sake of arguing on all of our parts.

Back
Top Bottom