Josh Gordon is applying for reinstatement | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Gordon is applying for reinstatement

Sign him yesterday! 5 yrs, $47 million.

giphy.gif

Was the anti-Gordon crowd crowing the same old melody when we re-instated Ricky and brought him back? I mean, “hE wUz A qUiTtAr!!!11!!” after all.

Ricky smoked a forest, quit on us...but I was happy when we brought him back, because he added something to the team talent-wise.

To me, if you suppported one but not the other, you’re a hypocrite of the highest order, and I can’t take you seriously. If you’ve held a steady line through it all..I can respect your opinion, though I may not agree with it. We can all be civil folks.

Now...if it were Ray Rice, Kareem Hunt, Akron Smith, or any other notable women beaters...that’s a big “no” from me, they have no place in the league. They’re committing harmful acts against other people...whereas flying a few airplanes doesn’t hurt anyone except maybe the refrigerator.

As I’ve stated earlier though...it’s likely we won’t even give him a sniff, and he probably winds back up with Seattle (where by all accounts he was an exemplary member of their team)...so this is just arguing for the sake of arguing on all of our parts.

Ricky hadn't been suspended 5 times. Plus he had experience with the team and coaching staff. As for Gordon's issues, anything someone tells you if you do x you could lose, your job, family and millions of $$$ and you still can't stop yourself from doing x you likely have an addiction issue.

Ricky hadn't been suspended 5 times. Plus he had experience with the team and coaching staff. As for Gordon's issues, anything someone tells you if you do x you could lose, your job, family and millions of $$$ and you still can't stop yourself from doing x you likely have an addiction issue.
Ricky failed 5 tests too, so it’s the same thing. He quit on us in 2004, sending us into a death spiral. Don’t make excuses for him because he had a dolphin on his helmet.

I was happy to bring him back, because he had basically committed a victim-less offense and brought a lot of talent to a team that could use it. I’d feel the same about Josh Gordon. Neither one beat anyone up, destroyed property, etc. They’re both just pot heads. No harm done.

So yeah, if you are cool with one and not the other in basically identical situations, you might be a hypocrite.

Ricky quit before he got suspended 5 times... ( And by quit I dont mean smoking, I mean the NFL)

Back
Top Bottom