Josh Gordon | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Gordon

Branch & McDonald won't be here next year both will be cut

I think Gordon makes like 900k

McDonald and Branch would add to the cap if we cut them. This was discussed at length in the offseason.

No clue why you want to trade Tankersley. He’s dirt cheap and learning still.

That guy Campbell, that was faster than Ginn and a better all around WR. He couldn't quit, and he could have made millions. What was his first name?

No one is saying he isn't a risk. But if he wants to come here on a prove it deal we would be fools to not entertain that. He is one of the few Elite talents at WR in this league when he's on the field.

If he can prove that he's changed and is ready to put football first and stay out of trouble, he could help any team in this league.

claim him from waivers, give him a drug test, if he fails, waive him. simple

but yeah I dont see us trying that

This man has set his values and self destructive life trajectory over the last several years.

Coming to Miami with its temptations won't improve his values or reduce his self destructive life trajectory, but it could make both of them more of a problem for the player and anyone connected with him.

Chris Carter could probably help mentor Josh Gordon if someone would reach out...I wouldn't sign him because I have a feeling he has or is about to fail another test...he really needs to worry about getting his life together before he worries about football..regardless if its weed, alchohol or any other drug...he needs serious help...I may get static for this but in some regards I feel bad for some of these KIDS...they come from all walks of life...some have demons that they never addressed and then they get beat loads of money thrown at them...More money than they have ever had and they can feed all of those addictions without any limits...

Chris Carter could probably help mentor Josh Gordon if someone would reach out...I wouldn't sign him because I have a feeling he has or is about to fail another test...he really needs to worry about getting his life together before he worries about football..regardless if its weed, alchohol or any other drug...he needs serious help...I may get static for this but in some regards I feel bad for some of these KIDS...they come from all walks of life...some have demons that they never addressed and then they get beat loads of money thrown at them...More money than they have ever had and they can feed all of those addictions without any limits...

He tried numerous times and stated it on Mike and Mike in the morning years ago, hell article states "In an interview with Mad Dog Sports Radio's Adam Schein on radio row at the Super Bowl, Carter explained that he was asked to helped Gordon, but that Gordon ultimately refused." Smoking since middle school and playing high in pro games, well he is using it to hide from something, so odds are he will continue to use and later on wonder what happened instead of avoiding it for a few years, getting a semi decent contract and then retiring off into the sunset of legal weed.

No one is saying he isn't a risk. But if he wants to come here on a prove it deal we would be fools to not entertain that. He is one of the few Elite talents at WR in this league when he's on the field.

If he can prove that he's changed and is ready to put football first and stay out of trouble, he could help any team in this league.
He was back in Cleveland this year on a prove it deal.

Seems to me that he proved it alright. :bobdole

This may upset some people here, but there is a part of me that hopes he signs with the pats. I absolutely hate that team and I hate the idea of a talent like josh gordon being handed to them, but I feel like this may be the only team that can rescue this kid from himself. If he ends up out of the league, I can see his life completely spiralling out of control, more so than it has already.

I'm with you on this one. I just hope Gordon is able to overcome his issues and redeem himself in the nfl, no matter at which team he ends up playing for. Although I'd prefer if it wasn't the partiots, bills or jets.
I think the Packers could be a good team for Gordon to turn it around.

Back
Top Bottom