Josh Rosen Film Review | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Film Review

I’m in the middle of his reps last year..

The drive in week 8 against the niners was very nice, for one drive it all clicked and he caught up, so here’s where I’m at thus far..

At this point, He can’t catch up to the speed.. one play he’s slow and taking extra steps before he throws it, he’s late basically, so then he realizes he playing late, and then rushes everything on the next drive..

He’s caught in this viscous cycle of trying to find his personal rhythm, on top that, he’s getting little help from his line or skill players.
But that drive against the niners was timed up..

I’m gonna continue to watch the rest, however, I think I just wanna be a fan on this one and hope that because of how young he was, and how incompetent the staff was, that time and reps will allow him to feel the speed better thus allowing his senses to be more aware and allow him to position his body to execute..

I’m very confident that he is not physically strong enough at this point and he really needs to strengthen his body, you can see it affect all parts of his game..especially his balance when he’s knocked off his mark, and the way he’s taking hits is not good for his future..

Like everyone is saying, this is not going to keep me from wanting to select a qb next year, if Josh lights it up then awesome, he’s such a conscientiousness dude, with a chip, I’m def rooting for him

I'm hoping a fresh start will do him wonders. Plus, maybe our receivers will stay healthy this year and we can be better than what everyone thinks of us.

There are a few aspects of Josh Rosen that I really like. He is accurate, and that's the most important thing. He is smart, and that's crucial for the offense we're running now. He has arm talent, with a solid delivery, power, and release quickness to make the throws. The talent is definitely there to be a successful pocket passer.

His line was awful. His decision making was poor. His processing time was slow. Those are all things typical of rookies on bad teams. Generally, they're all improvable. Physically he's a solid pocket passer with decent size and arm strength, but he's not a mobile QB--and I'm completely comfortable with that because I'm not a fan of putting a good QB at risk by running him.

Assuming he can become the locker room leader we are hoping he can become, on the field will be about how hard he works and how much he improves on the mental side, because this offense requires a lot mentally. Rosen has the capacity to excel there …. but last year he definitely looked like a rookie. Having more INT's than TD's is never acceptable, you want that to be 2 TD's or more for every INT. But, this will be his 4th OC in a year, so he hasn't had the best situation.

He'll get his chance sometime in 2019. When he does … he needs to be better prepared and process quicker. He needs to avoid the INT's. He needs to improve. But our OL will be better than Arizona's was. Our offense as a whole will be better. He is unlikely to face high expectations. The stage is set for him to improve.

There are a few aspects of Josh Rosen that I really like. He is accurate, and that's the most important thing. He is smart, and that's crucial for the offense we're running now. He has arm talent, with a solid delivery, power, and release quickness to make the throws. The talent is definitely there to be a successful pocket passer.

His line was awful. His decision making was poor. His processing time was slow. Those are all things typical of rookies on bad teams. Generally, they're all improvable. Physically he's a solid pocket passer with decent size and arm strength, but he's not a mobile QB--and I'm completely comfortable with that because I'm not a fan of putting a good QB at risk by running him.

Assuming he can become the locker room leader we are hoping he can become, on the field will be about how hard he works and how much he improves on the mental side, because this offense requires a lot mentally. Rosen has the capacity to excel there …. but last year he definitely looked like a rookie. Having more INT's than TD's is never acceptable, you want that to be 2 TD's or more for every INT. But, this will be his 4th OC in a year, so he hasn't had the best situation.

He'll get his chance sometime in 2019. When he does … he needs to be better prepared and process quicker. He needs to avoid the INT's. He needs to improve. But our OL will be better than Arizona's was. Our offense as a whole will be better. He is unlikely to face high expectations. The stage is set for him to improve.

Love it! Sounds like your slowly coming around.

OMG, We finally have a 1st round Quarterback draft pick on our team but we want to moan and groan if he is the right person. Time will tell. I did not like it at first but the more I read, the more I have come around to the idea of taking one of the more accurate QB's out of last years draft. Arron Rogers and Goff did not impress anyone there first year. It was his first year behind the wheel of a bad car last year. Look what the Dolphins did to Chad Henne his first year with that horrible line (rambling now). Anyways, he was a proven starter at UCLA and one year as a pro under his belt. Haskins had limited playing time behind a very dominate offensive line. He had all day to throw the ball and I do not think there is film showing him operating under pressure. Rosen was a very cheap and smart option with the question marks in this years class. We have only upside in this scenario. If he is bad, well we have next years QB draft class and what did we lose in kicking the tires on this one? A fifth round pick next year (we gained a second next year and gave up this years). I would rather take that risk instead of rolling the dice on one of these QB's in the first round and find our team in the same situation the Cardinals were in. But if he does work out, look at what we can use those amassed draft picks on as well as free agency!

After watching the above (as well as other) videos, I see a young QB, with elite POTENTIAL, that made the usual rookie mistakes.

His stats were negatively affected by horrible line play, as well as zero coaching consistency. Three offensive systems in your rookie campaign? What kind of Mickey Mouse operation were they running? It makes Gase look competent in comparison.

we might be bad team w number one pick next yr starting too in 2020. so to be fair I don't know what Rosen would have to do say we need keep him or we need draft another qb. 2nd tier free agent start today. so we have too see who we add to team.

Peyton Manning had more interceptions than touchdowns his rookie year. He actually had more than twice as many picks and TDs than rosen and over 3000 yards if my memory serves me right. Not comparing them just saying it happens to the best of them sometimes. The more video I watch the more excited I do get to see this kid and our future path, almost a renewed feeling of hope all over again.

That pocket climb is much more natural than anything tannehill ever had.

I just hope contact muscle memory doesn’t effect it.

He’s got a feel for space in a pocket passer that Miami hasn’t seen in 20 years.
I agree, but as bad as Jay Fiedler was a qb, the one thing he had was a feel for the pocket. If Tannehill had Fiedler's pocket presence, he would have easily been a top 10 qb in this league

At this point we should all be rejoicing the team is finally doing what many of us have been wishing for, for quite a few years. Pick a high QB, and keep picking them until you hit...they've made the first step. I'm praying this kid absolutely KILLS it. He's slow at processing defenses (at Arizona), which makes him late on throws at times, and I think that's his #1 hit so far. When he has a guy wide open he hits 'em...no hesitation. Be it short, intermediate, or deep, he can fling it.

Hoping, not expecting. Just gonna enjoy the ride this year, for it's impact on future years...it's gonna be ugly.

Back
Top Bottom