Josh Rosen Film Review | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Film Review

The 49er game was impressive, too. His throws are so accurate. Mechanics are sound. He moves around in the pocket with confidence no matter who’s flying around him. Good thing he’s such a “prick” or else we’d never have a chance to get him lol

I’m intrigued to see him in a ground based, play action ....Brady/Patriot offense.

I’m hoping they get some more line help in May 9th free agency.

This was a good move and your points are well taken. I’m sure there were some fans who thought a first round pick on a risky, supposedly weed smoking Dan Marino was a reach. After 50 years of being a fan, yes 50, I can tell you that I have found Miami fans to be some of the most clueless, misinformed fans in the NFL.

We share something in common, I am 54 and went to my first game with my dad in 1970 and have had season tickets since. I am looking forward to the rebuild as it looks like we are finally stripping the guts out of the machine and rebuilding it from the foundation upward instead of building additions to it. I am just hoping to experience a playoff game before I turn 60!

Very true. I look forward to seeing his other games. I’m looking at college games too. Either way, next season will be exiting. :)

Kid can throw the football... I think we scored big time... don’t know any Dolphin fan isn’t excited?

I’m gonna continue to watch the rest, however, I think I just wanna be a fan on this one and hope that because of how young he was, and how incompetent the staff was, that time and reps will allow him to feel the speed better thus allowing his senses to be more aware and allow him to position his body to execute..

Good decision. I'm a firm believer that you can't know every nuance about a player until he is on your favorite team. Only then is the surrounding personnel obvious, plus the coaching, plus the situation, etc.

I thought I knew Suh very well until he showed up on the Dolphins. I quickly realized he had weaknesses I wasn't aware of, plus some idiosyncrasies, plus some strengths.

What was going on when the Cardinals played the 49ers last season? I don't remember. There are situational ups and downs all season in the NFL. I've been frustrated countless times on this site when someone will post a supposedly representative clip...meanwhile one team was in lull mode and sleepwalking through the game while the other team was in a situational high. Sons of Shula never grasped that type of thing and often misinterpreted matchups or coaching as cause when it was nothing but an extremely obvious situational tilt, influencing that player and everyone else around him

Here's a big picture reality to keep in mind: Josh Rosen was the 10th pick in the draft and Arizona traded up for him. That is more valuable than studying old clips. I would be less enthused about the move if let's say Rosen was taken 22nd and he fell to the team without a trade up.

I mentioned 4 or 5 months ago here that first round quarterbacks are so coveted that outside the first 3 picks the last quarterback taken in the first round without a trade up involved was Eli Manuel to the Bills. I noticed the mainstream media finally caught onto that trend a couple of days before the draft last week and publicized a similar version. Very interesting that both Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins broke the trend this year. Nobody cared enough about them enough to jump up and grab them.

I'd prefer to have the guy who was pursued 12 months ago. I'll take my chances. Remember that Ryan Tannehill likewise fell to us without a trade up. Every other team in the league was content to watch it happen. In fact, the 6 picks immediately above us all changed hands at some point. The league was in trade happy mode.

Good decision. I'm a firm believer that you can't know every nuance about a player until he is on your favorite team. Only then is the surrounding personnel obvious, plus the coaching, plus the situation, etc.

I thought I knew Suh very well until he showed up on the Dolphins. I quickly realized he had weaknesses I wasn't aware of, plus some idiosyncrasies, plus some strengths.

What was going on when the Cardinals played the 49ers last season? I don't remember. There are situational ups and downs all season in the NFL. I've been frustrated countless times on this site when someone will post a supposedly representative clip...meanwhile one team was in lull mode and sleepwalking through the game while the other team was in a situational high. Sons of Shula never grasped that type of thing and often misinterpreted matchups or coaching as cause when it was nothing but an extremely obvious situational tilt, influencing that player and everyone else around him

Here's a big picture reality to keep in mind: Josh Rosen was the 10th pick in the draft and Arizona traded up for him. That is more valuable than studying old clips. I would be less enthused about the move if let's say Rosen was taken 22nd and he fell to the team without a trade up.

I mentioned 4 or 5 months ago here that first round quarterbacks are so coveted that outside the first 3 picks the last quarterback taken in the first round without a trade up involved was Eli Manuel to the Bills. I noticed the mainstream media finally caught onto that trend a couple of days before the draft last week and publicized a similar version. Very interesting that both Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins broke the trend this year. Nobody cared enough about them enough to jump up and grab them.

I'd prefer to have the guy who was pursued 12 months ago. I'll take my chances. Remember that Ryan Tannehill likewise fell to us without a trade up. Every other team in the league was content to watch it happen. In fact, the 6 picks immediately above us all changed hands at some point. The league was in trade happy mode.

But what does it say that only a year later no team cared enough to offer higher than a late 2nd rounder? Seems like only the Dolphins were really in on this deal. What do you make of that?

I’m personally excited to see if Rosen can flourish here, but by your own logic, the way Rosen was NOT heavily pursued in 2019 must speak to a lack of respect and belief around the league. Was the 2018 season THAT bad as to harm his perception around the league?

But what does it say that only a year later no team cared enough to offer higher than a late 2nd rounder? Seems like only the Dolphins were really in on this deal. What do you make of that?

I’m personally excited to see if Rosen can flourish here, but by your own logic, the way Rosen was NOT heavily pursued in 2019 must speak to a lack of respect and belief around the league. Was the 2018 season THAT bad as to harm his perception around the league?
Of the QB-hungry teams, only Miami didn't draft a QB. While this may have lowered the price on him a bit, that's not to say he had no value.

Of the QB-hungry teams, only Miami didn't draft a QB. While this may have lowered the price on him a bit, that's not to say he had no value.
There were rumors the Patriots had inquired about Rosen, and they had multiple 2’s.... something to think about as well.

Finally watched the Strong Opinion Sports Josh Rosen Film Analysis (Does He Suck?), hope the coaches can help.

We are on exact same page about Suh, and the sons of Shula guy..

Tell you what I really feel about Rosen right now Awsi, I don’t be mean to dummy down the conservation about Rosen, and I I00 percent believe Rosen needs to take on the same mentality, but this dude and our staff needs to say, and our fans need to say, I’m happy your smart and care about the environment, and have a strong opinion, and like to challenge your coaches about offensive concepts, but if you don’t become a meathead in the gym first and foremost, your gonna be wearing a suit to work real soon..

#1 priority, #1 message, no more talking, no more anything, and get your *** in the gym.

You guys are trying to fix a frame that you probably can’t fix.

Rosen looks like a guy that’s always gonna lack sand in his pants. I think it has to pivot more towards core and lower half strength development. Maximize what you can.

That lower half’s probably always gonna look lean.

Some guys are just built differently.
To me- he’s just not broad in shoulders ala some classic pocket passers we grew up watching.
Funny thing is - his personality, build, west coast kid, early career turmoil, wasn’t drafted as highly as he thought he deserves, to some extent arm strength.. all those qualities remind me of one of best ever lol- Aaron Rodgers.

I'm happy with this move. Wasn't at first but now I am. The accuracy, progressions, and looking off safeties is big, and the he's not a converted WR. I like that he's had a year in the league already and the price we got him for.

Back
Top Bottom