Josh Rosen meets with the media following Saints game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen meets with the media following Saints game

Ummm ...

russell-Wilson-Getty.jpg

This is true, I was referring to the first rounders though. Should have specified.

Though your comment just further proves the point that you don’t need to pick #1 to find your QB

Have you ever thought that he staff may plan long term with Rosen and not use a "one-season" tryout type of thing? What if Fitzpatrick plays well? You instill a winning culture into a young team. And that is bad why?

Assuming thats the plan for a second, its a poorly conceived one. It doesn't do anyone good having this "long-term" view of the Rosen situation. They traded a high draft pick for him. He already played last season so this isn't a rookie fresh out of college. Miami can't afford the wait and see approach with this. We wasted years on that with Tannehill.

And Fitzpatrick playing well doesn't instill a winning culture on a young team going forward. Thats absolutely ridiculous. He will do what he always does and eventually crash and burn like the Hindenburg. Theres precedence there.

When that happens, Miami will have wasted precious time that it could have spent learning more about its young QB. How anyone can defend this decision is beyond me.

Assuming thats the plan for a second, its a poorly conceived one. It doesn't do anyone good having this "long-term" view of the Rosen situation. They traded a high draft pick for him. He already played last season so this isn't a rookie fresh out of college. Miami can't afford the wait and see approach with this. We wasted years on that with Tannehill.

And Fitzpatrick playing well doesn't instill a winning culture on a young team going forward. Thats absolutely ridiculous. He will do what he always does and eventually crash and burn like the Hindenburg. Theres precedence there.

When that happens, Miami will have wasted precious time that it could have spent learning more about its young QB. How anyone can defend this decision is beyond me.
Why is it a poorly conceived plan? The majority of successful QB sit on the bench either a few games or an entire season. Some become franchise QBs after being traded from the original club which drafted him. There is nothing new to that concept. As a matter of fact it is a quite established concept.

We did not spend a high draft pick. We spend a lower 2nd round pick which is as good as a high 3rd round pick. And we only spend that pick after picking up an additional second round pick for next year.

He is not a rookie by years played in the NFL but it easy for a HC to say: forget last year. Clean slate.
People are acting like Rosen was on a playoff bound Cardinals team last year. They had a HC who should not have been a HC in the first place. They had two OCs who should not have been OCs. They had an OL which was so riddled with injuries that they had to pick players up from the local McDonald's (exaggerating). So if Flores wants to treat him like a rookie and give him a clean slate so be it.

Did KC waste precious time by sitting Mahomes?
Did Green Bay waste precious time by sitting Rodgers for years?
Did NE waste precious time by sitting Brady for more than a year?
Did the Rams waste precious time for sitting Goff behind Keenum for the better part of the season?
The list is long.

The problem you have is the philosophy and approach. You think Rosen should be treated like a vet and Flores thinks he should treat him like a rookie. I take Flores' approach anytime.

Prior to the pre-season, most expected Fitz to start at least until the bye week. I believe it will still play out that way. I would not be surprised if Fitz has some undisclosed injury after to the 4th game to save some veteran respect. Then it will be Rosen time.

He’s gonna be fine... he has the arm talent and brains to be a Tom Brady like field General in the Patriot offense.

It definitely bothers him which i like seeing. He's a fighter for sure and that's a good sign. That chip on his shoulder is a positive, this will push him to work harder, you can see that in him. Is it possible our coach knows what he's doing? I know we're not used to that.....
maybe part of flores plan

It's in Rosen's DNA to manipulate the media and he still sucks at it.

Care to elaborate?

Rosen’s grown on me. Prior to him being drafted last year you heard the rumblings of him being egotistical and entitled. I was worried about it tbh.

Haven’t seen it yet. He’s definitely confident in himself. Since he’s gotten here he’s kept his head down and worked hard. You can see it in his eyes that he’s not happy with the decision. I think aside from protecting Rosen during this first 4 games, Flores is trying to light that fire under his ass as well. Can’t wait to this what this kid can do for us

Back
Top Bottom