Josh Rosen Pocket Presence | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Pocket Presence

This isn't a bad outing for the kid at all! Gents, I'm getting a little tingly. We may have something to work with here.

@Avigatorx I have to admit he seems to be a tic slow on his read/deliver and as a result balls are being broken-up and i'm assuming incerpeted. That could be a result of just not processing what he's seeing because he doesn't fully trust his eyes and what he's supposed to do. More thinking rather than naturally acting.

Ya, he has work to do for sure. I think mainly the NFL game has to slow down for him. I think that was his first real game.

Taking the family to see the Avengers now, will try to dig up film from some of his later games tonight.

:)

Ya, he has work to do for sure. I think mainly the NFL game has to slow down for him. I think that was his first real game.

Taking the family to see the Avengers now, will try to dig up film from some of his later games tonight.

:)

Good stuff! The kid made some fantastic tight-window throws. Hopefully, this coaching staff can put him in a great situation to succeed going forward.

who says they wont draft a qb next year, you guys are panicking already a year before the 2020 draft. This is crazy. The same old staff would have taken a lineman at 48 and not a qb and we would be in exactly the same boat. I dont know how some of you can sit there like its a guarenntee that those prospects next year are the next coming of dan marino and we can only draft a qb in 2020. We need competition at every position every year and coach flo has said this over and over. Settle down and realize we might have gotten a potential franchise qb a year early and for free meaning the other team is paying him to be here. There is zero percent chance of this being a bad deal.

Maybe but you cannot guarantee that those qbs will be better. Tua didnt look very sharp when it mattered last year and who know if any of the others get hurt or stay another year. You cant live that far in the future and avoid taking a potential franchise qb now practically for free in hopes that next year will be the year we magically get the next marino. We have to try every year until we find one. If we have found one in rosen then the hardest part is over for this franchise and we can focus on building the foundation in next years draft and not blowin the whole load moving up for a potential franchise qb. There is no luck or peyton manning in next years draft, all 3 or 4 of them are no different then the '18 draft its all a guess there isnt one front office in the league that can predict a franchise qb.
Do you really believe you will be able to tell whether or not Rosen is a franchise qb in one season playing for as bad a team as I believe Miami will be this season? I say one season because Miami is going to have to make a decision between Rosen and the qb class in next year's draft. Miami, most likely will be picking early next year and they have positioned themselves with enough ammunition in extra draft picks to jump up and take a qb in what is supposed to be a really good qb class. I don't trust this front office to make the right choice.

who says they wont draft a qb next year, you guys are panicking already a year before the 2020 draft. This is crazy. The same old staff would have taken a lineman at 48 and not a qb and we would be in exactly the same boat. I dont know how some of you can sit there like its a guarenntee that those prospects next year are the next coming of dan marino and we can only draft a qb in 2020. We need competition at every position every year and coach flo has said this over and over. Settle down and realize we might have gotten a potential franchise qb a year early and for free meaning the other team is paying him to be here. There is zero percent chance of this being a bad deal.
What, in your mind, would it have to look like for you to say "Rosen is a franchise qb and Miami is set now ?" It's way too ambiguous to really know, and because of that, it scares me that this organization will blow a great opportunity staring them right in the face with the qb's in next season's draft class.

IT could be. Without a radar gun clocking his ball it might be tough to tell.

Unfortunately, you cant hear the zip on the film, but it looks like he gets it there quickly.

Its kind of like knowing how fast a car is traveling without looking at a speedometer. Most drivers can estimate a speed because they have been driving so long, but they will rarely have 100% accuracy.

And I'm not saying this kid has Jamarcuss Russell or Josh Allen type of arm strength, but I dont think there is much if any drop off from Tanny's arm. (And Tanny had a great arm imo)

I went back and watched some film from last year's game against Seattle and saw some really nice throws there, nothing that I felt indicated his arm was below NFL average. He fit a couple of nice sideline passes into tigh coverage around the 5 minute mark here.

There’s nothing wrong with his arm. And that game tape is a very good indicator of how natural he plays tbe position and his feel for space to get throws off. Also don’t see him taking unnecessary contact which is big cause he’s gonna take a lot of it he can’t control in Miami. Can’t be taking it of his own doing too.

What, in your mind, would it have to look like for you to say "Rosen is a franchise qb and Miami is set now ?" It's way too ambiguous to really know, and because of that, it scares me that this organization will blow a great opportunity staring them right in the face with the qb's in next season's draft class.
we can go back and forth with what ifs all day long, fact is you dont have a crystal ball and cannot predict which qb is going to be good. The only way we find out if we have a guy is to bring a potential franchise qb in every year and create competition, doing anything other than this is the same mold we have been stuck in for decades. If you truly think taking Josh for literally free is a bad move then Im glad you dont run this franchise.

we can go back and forth with what ifs all day long, fact is you dont have a crystal ball and cannot predict which qb is going to be good. The only way we find out if we have a guy is to bring a potential franchise qb in every year and create competition, doing anything other than this is the same mold we have been stuck in for decades. If you truly think taking Josh for literally free is a bad move then Im glad you dont run this franchise.
For free? The Dolphins traded a 2nd round pick for him this year, which for a team as bad as this, would have most likely been a starter. And for good measure, this stupid organization threw in a 5th round pick in next season's draft when they already had the best offer on the table for Rosen by offering a second round pick. Nobody could beat Miami's offer because everyone except one team had already used their 2nd round pick this year, so Arizona would have had to settled for assets in next season's draft if they had any chance of doing better than Miami's second round pick this year. Arizona had no leverage. No kidding Miami has to keep pulling the trigger at qb until they settle the position, but Rosen just bought this inept front office an excuse to bypass pulling said trigger on another qb in the first round next season. What about this organization gives you the confidence that they will recognize whether or not they should take the chance on drafting another qb?

For free? The Dolphins traded a 2nd round pick for him this year, which for a team as bad as this, would have most likely been a starter. And for good measure, this stupid organization threw in a 5th round pick in next season's draft when they already had the best offer on the table for Rosen by offering a second round pick. Nobody could beat Miami's offer because everyone except one team had already used their 2nd round pick this year, so Arizona would have had to settled for assets in next season's draft if they had any chance of doing better than Miami's second round pick this year. Arizona had no leverage. No kidding Miami has to keep pulling the trigger at qb until they settle the position, but Rosen just bought this inept front office an excuse to bypass pulling said trigger on another qb in the first round next season. What about this organization gives you the confidence that they will recognize whether or not they should take the chance on drafting another qb?
He was a top 10 pick one year ago. You need to get over this ranting and accept it.

He doesn't have an elite arm, but it's far from below average.

He doesn't have elite foot speed.

What he has is elite Quarterback talent.

I cant help you, youre negativity is blinding you, we knew we were going to trade a 2nd for rosen so we devalued our 2nd by trading with the saints and moving our second rd pic to the back of the round essentially making it a glorified 3rd, then gained a 6th where we drafted a tackle valued as a 3-4th round player. Got a top ten pick from the year before and some one who has a good chance at competing for franchise qb a for a 5th round pick and essentially no cap hit. If you dont see the front office genius in this I cant help you.

You are forgetting az didnt have to get rid of rosen, they already paid his salary.

I cant help you, youre negativity is blinding you, we knew we were going to trade a 2nd for rosen so we devalued our 2nd by trading with the saints and moving our second rd pic to the back of the round essentially making it a glorified 3rd, then gained a 6th where we drafted a tackle valued as a 3-4th round player. Got a top ten pick from the year before and some one who has a good chance at competing for franchise qb a for a 5th round pick and essentially no cap hit. If you dont see the front office genius in this I cant help you.
Did you mention the sweet pick up of New Orleans second round pick next draft?

It was all good, but to me that was the masterstroke.

He was a top 10 pick one year ago. You need to get over this ranting and accept it.
So what? That excuses the front office from being stupid. No sh*t I have to except it, it still doesn't make it smart. I've had to except the stupidity of this franchise for the past 20 years but it doesn't mean I have to like it and be quiet about it.

So what? That excuses the front office from being stupid. No sh*t I have to except it, it still doesn't make it smart. I've had to except the stupidity of this franchise for the past 20 years but it doesn't mean I have to like it and be quiet about it.
You and a couple of people on this board are the only ones in the country that think this is a bad deal, why are you couple of people right and the rest of the world wrong? How is stealing a potential franchise qb away from a trainwreck of a franchise for essentially a 5th rd pick stupid. It was a truly savy deal made by grier and co.

Back
Top Bottom