Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

Saying a 23 year old QB might beat out a 37 year old journeyman qb is delusional? It nearly happened last season.

Rosen has been apart of 2 atrocious teams in his first 2 seasons in the league, the final verdict with him is far from over.
Rosen was a reason those two teams were atrocious. You couldn't see the immediate improvement from the offense the second Fitzpatrick replaced Rosen? Miami might not have won a single game if Rosen would have played out the season. You guys are going to have to deal with the fact that Rosen isn't in the future plans of the Miami Dolphins.

Trading Rosen now when his value is at an all time low would't be the smartest move. As for Rosen winning the starting job, I would not bet on it but stranger things have happened. Actually It's probably the best case scenario. I also agree that Rosen has a strange, almost cult like following.

Not at all. If you actually read what I said, you would know that I said I believe Rosen is a waste of time.

As a refresher, here is the direct quote from you: "I want Rosen off the team as soon as possible because I don't believe he can play and every rep Rosen takes is one less rep Tua gets on the path of his learning curve." You are saying that Rosen's presence is detrimental to Tua's future, and as such, you have validated my original post which you mocked as "laughable".

Ironically, am no believer in Rosen and was one of the very few on this site who hated the trade for him. However, he is here now and the team would be foolish not to try and get maximum value for him in a trade or through playing time. I am pulling for Tua, but let's at least see him survive at least one whole game at this level before we decide that any other QB on this roster is disposable.

Trading Rosen now when his value is at an all time low would't be the smartest move. As for Rosen winning the starting job, I would not bet on it but stranger things have happened. Actually It's probably the best case scenario. I also agree that Rosen has a strange, almost cult like following.

A lot of people on this site wanted Rosen when he entered the draft. It really isn't that surprising that those same people would like to see what he has. To me it is weirder that Tua fans want Rosen gone immediately because they feel he somehow represents a threat to Tua. If Tua is all many here believe him to be, there should be absolutely zero concern that Rosen is any type of risk to him, developmentally or otherwise. Shouldn't fans want the team to get the best value possible over every player on the roster?

A lot of people on this site wanted Rosen when he entered the draft. It really isn't that surprising that those same people would like to see what he has. To me it is weirder that Tua fans want Rosen gone immediately because they feel he somehow represents a threat to Tua. If Tua is all many here believe him to be, there should be absolutely zero concern that Rosen is any type of risk to him, developmentally or otherwise. Shouldn't fans want the team to get the best value possible over every player on the roster?

Really strange so many wanted to draft Rosen based on such an average college career. I was all for the trade though. To me it was a gamble worth taking.

Rosen was a reason those two teams were atrocious. You couldn't see the immediate improvement from the offense the second Fitzpatrick replaced Rosen? Miami might not have won a single game if Rosen would have played out the season. You guys are going to have to deal with the fact that Rosen isn't in the future plans of the Miami Dolphins.
It looks like you’re completely dismissing or forgetting Fitz played the first two games,
please tell us why they didn’t go so well.

Rosen is no threat to Tua, I don't think anyone is worried about that. They should, however, make sure nothing slows his education

As a refresher, here is the direct quote from you: "I want Rosen off the team as soon as possible because I don't believe he can play and every rep Rosen takes is one less rep Tua gets on the path of his learning curve." You are saying that Rosen's presence is detrimental to Tua's future, and as such, you have validated my original post which you mocked as "laughable".

Ironically, am no believer in Rosen and was one of the very few on this site who hated the trade for him. However, he is here now and the team would be foolish not to try and get maximum value for him in a trade or through playing time. I am pulling for Tua, but let's at least see him survive at least one whole game at this level before we decide that any other QB on this roster is disposable.
I agree with you. And the bolded text can go a long way toward explaining why the front office, at the time, felt it was worth a 2nd to see what they could do with Rosen. Of course, we don't know what the team's opinion of Rosen is now. But, since he remains on the team, we can hope they have seen progress in his development behind the scenes since early last year.

I’ve seen too many written off by The knee jerkers...have the light bulb suddenly go on...to say the kid has no chance.
Just because one does out of 1000 doesn't mean that ours is going to be that 1 in 1000.

Who are "too many" that have had the light bulb suddenly go on? I think you're full of hyperbole here.

I was never really a fan of Rosen nor do i care whether he's in the future plans.

Read my initial comment. It depends on what the plan is for Tua this year, if they plan on keeping Tua on ice Rosen has a chance to win the starting job.

It was a complicated offense last year, if Rosen has a firmer grasp this year he could win the starting job over Fitzpatrick.

I was never really a fan of Rosen nor do i care whether he's in the future plans.

Read my initial comment. It depends on what the plan is for Tua this year, if they plan on keeping Tua on ice Rosen has a chance to win the starting job.

It was a complicated offense last year, if Rosen has a firmer grasp this year he could win the starting job over Fitzpatrick.

Some people predict TT on IR the 1st few games. If that is correct, Rosen clearly stays. Beyond that, it all depends of the opinion of Flo/Gailey.

Back
Top Bottom