Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

They arent going to trade him for a 5th when they got him last year for a 2nd and a 5th. That would be Chris Grier admitting to being incompetent.

Either way, it's not a good thing.

Give Rosen the majority of snaps during the preseason and let the cards fall where they may.

No reason to trade him when his value is probably super low. Any pick we would get for him is likely negligible and if that's the case his value can only go up. He's still more worthwhile having on the roster than the draft pick he would net right now.

I've no doubt that other teams would like to have Rosen, but I'm sure nobody is willing to pay that much after the Dolphins handling of him was a train wreck last year.

Like last year when he actually played pretty well, Fitz didn't, and we started Fitz?

Yes. Facing backups has its limitations in evaluation. Making his in game reps so vital.

But did he show out when given the chance? Mixed and inconsistent.

Eventually he needs to put up consistent numbers to warrant his place in the NFL. No matter the reasons for lack of productivity.
Eventually.........BEHIND A DECENT OLINE. Otherwise you could be sending the next Tannehill to another team and TUA could amount to nothing . Could......wait until next season.

Eventually.........BEHIND A DECENT OLINE. Otherwise you could be sending the next Tannehill to another team and TUA could amount to nothing . Could......wait until next season.
I think if they like Rosen, they'll keep him. No reason to trade him now, while he has another few years on his rookie contract and we may get a chance to raise his trade value at some point. Unless Flores or Gailey think he's not worth having, I don't believe the trade rumors.

I think if they like Rosen, they'll keep him. No reason to trade him now, while he has another few years on his rookie contract and we may get a chance to raise his trade value at some point. Unless Flores or Gailey think he's not worth having, I don't believe the trade rumors.
I believe other teams are inquiring......I dont believe the Dolphins are trying to trade him.

I feel bad for the dude. When he got traded Miami he seemed genuinely excited to be there. If I recall he even posted a uniform swap on his social media.

Hard to feel bad for someone who was handed the starting job by two different teams and failed both times. Ryan Fitzpatrick beat him out not once but twice.

A lot of excuses are made for Rosen, bad teams etc. But it's not the talent around him that makes him read the game so slowly.

I don’t understand the thinking that just because you drafted Tua...you dump Rosen to the highest bidder?

He has excellent arm talent, why would you not develop him and hope to raise his value as an asset and as a backup...? even allowing the small chance he pulls a Drew Brees and ends up being better than the new rookie you drafted to replace him?

To me...if I was developing a team...I’m constantly developing extra QB’s as an asset to the team....either to play, backup or trade for draft equity!

Hard to feel bad for someone who was handed the starting job by two different teams and failed both times. Ryan Fitzpatrick beat him out not once but twice.

A lot of excuses are made for Rosen, bad teams etc. But it's not the talent around him that makes him read the game so slowly.

There is no doubt he has had bad talent and ever changing coaching his entire career...it’s also true he clearly was not ready to lead teams without stable offensive lines and had much to learn in reading defenses and speed of play.

However...my 50 years of watching this game has taught me that some players require more patience than others ...

San Diego has an all time Great QB on their roster who struggled early in his career...and they knee jerked and drafted Phillip Rivers to replace him.

Rivers never won a title...Brees went on to Super Bowl glory and a hall of fame career elsewhere.

Rosens value is low right now...develop him and see what you got.

Otherwise you could be sending the next Tannehill to another team and TUA could amount to nothing

“the next Tannehill” LOL.

How folks can say things like that with a straight face as if we all didn’t notice Tannehill’s 6-seasons in MIA or that he’s a 31-year old journeyman level QB is beyond me.

If Rosen amounts to “the next Tannehill” somehow I don’t believe the Dolphins will rue the day they send him to another team.

One thing is likely true. If Rosen is indeed ”the next Tannehill”, Dolphins fans won’t be subjected to it for 6 LONG seasons this time around.

For Rosen’s sake, I hope he proves to be a bit better than that.

When Tua goes down with a hip injury and maybe loses his career you’re gonna be glad we didn’t trade Rosen. If he’s actually been developed by the coaching staff last year

What would be the point of trading him now ... the team hasn’t even hit the field in 2020 ...

Never throw cards away, unless you are sure you don’t need them ... and that can’t be said right now - today.

You can say TUA all you want, but until he gets on the field and shows that he IS TUA ... then it’s a chance you don’t need to take ...

Back
Top Bottom