Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

You know I am right. The writing is on the wall when it comes to Rosen's future with this team. He either will be happy being a backup QB or he will be gone.
I don’t know that you’re right, I hope you are,
But I’m not ignorant enough to put all my eggs in one basket. Past regimes have done that and failed.

What part of what we have seen so far don't you get? The dude has been a bust so far!

They acquired Josh Rosen and saw whether he was capable. That is better than to never try at all and never know. All they lost was a second round pick but they had already traded down and acquired a second round back the following year, so the risk vs reward was worth it, glad they tried.

the story is not complete until we have a starting Qb and / or Rosen is traded for some value.

They acquired Josh Rosen and saw whether he was capable. That is better than to never try at all and never know. All they lost was a second round pick but they had already traded down and acquired a second round back the following year, so the risk vs reward was worth it, glad they tried.

the story is not complete until we have a starting Qb and / or Rosen is traded for some value.

Ballage is still on the team. Rosen is still on the team. No one can honestly say they know what Flo and staff think about any particular player. Most predictions/evaluations are hopes masquerading as insight. Both are still on the team which means the staff sees some value. Trade value? backup value? Not enough data? No one knows.

I never liked the trade from the get go because I never liked Rosen to begin with. I just don't think he has the intangibles to become a good NFL QB. They could have used that 2nd round pick to try and find a starter at another position and still had the two 2nd rounds from this year.

As long as he doesn't go to the Pats I'll be fine. Still would like to see him start mid-season.

Even sooner! Evaluate Rosen this year at some point while Fitz coaches up Tua. I wouldn't allow Tua to see the field at all this season.

Ballage is still on the team. Rosen is still on the team. No one can honestly say they know what Flo and staff think about any particular player. Most predictions/evaluations are hopes masquerading as insight. Both are still on the team which means the staff sees some value. Trade value? backup value? Not enough data? No one knows.
I think it's pretty easy to guess why they are still on the team, it's because there is no one on the street that they think would come in and do a better job while we're sitting here waiting for some type of training camp to begin.

Even sooner! Evaluate Rosen this year at some point while Fitz coaches up Tua. I wouldn't allow Tua to see the field at all this season.

That won't happen because Rosen has no future here other than being a backup QB. They will either start Fitzpatrick and let him hand it off to Tua at some point this year, start Fitzpatrick all season and give the job to Tua after this season, or start Tua from the get go. I don't see where Rosen factors into the equation as a starter at all.

Last edited:
Looks like a consensus is Rosen is seen, for now, as a competent backup.
Is he? I mean we hope he is. He couldn't beat out RF. Hopefully he ups his game and proves to be a competent backup or we hold onto RF for a couple years until we strike on backup gold.

Is he? I mean we hope he is. He couldn't beat out RF. Hopefully he ups his game and proves to be a competent backup or we hold onto RF for a couple years until we strike on backup gold.

Is he? Obviously, no one here knows. Can he be? It appears Flo/Gailey think so. There are a LOT of available QBs out there at a similar or less cost to choose from, but he's still here. Just my opinion, but I don't think THEY will know for sure until they've see him over the summer (assuming the standard NFL schedule applies). But Rosen and Ballage are still on the roster. It's NOT because there are no alternatives.

Is he? Obviously, no one here knows. Can he be? It appears Flo/Gailey think so. There are a LOT of available QBs out there at a similar or less cost to choose from, but he's still here. Just my opinion, but I don't think THEY will know for sure until they've see him over the summer (assuming the standard NFL schedule applies). But Rosen and Ballage are still on the roster. It's NOT because there are no alternatives.
I don't know why many don't just want RF to continue as backup for a couple more years. Why is Rosen the only option of the two in '21?

I don't know why many don't just want RF to continue as backup for a couple more years. Why is Rosen the only option of the two in '21?

He's not. You (and others) are right. Backup could be Rosen or RF. But, if RF wants to play past '20, AND if he plays well, he may get an offer Miami won't want to meet. Or, RF may retire. Or, if there's an injury on another team and TT is starting and playing well, maybe RF can be traded. There are certainly variables I don't know. Nonetheless, Rosen is still here so he's clearly not seen as a 'bust' or 'failure' as some here claim. Even so, he could be cut/traded before/after PS, depending on what he shows. Still think he's on the team until he gets a chance to prove/disprove his abilities.

Back
Top Bottom