Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

It isn't about starting this year, frankly he isn't that good. Or we wouldnt have taken Tua. But he needs to believe in himself no? His agent should believe in him as a starter no?

So I think you are missing the point his Agent should be raising a fuss getting him to SD or NE anywhere where he is the clear cut no 2 and able to be next in line should an injury present. As far as opportunities to be the clear cut no 2 there are other spots where he should be able to compete. 49ers, Seattle, Jets, Buffalo... Tampa Bay? The list is long

In his prime?? For eight years holding down a 3rd string back up spot -> this is what he signed up for going top 10??? I am worried if he issn't raising a stink because the FO moved on from him when they signed Tua

You didn’t answer my question.

Passing for 4K yards is your undeniable proof of greatness? In an era where pretty much ALL competent QB's are doing that?

IDK if you are aware, but many rules have been altered over the past 15+ years designed to increase offensive output and scoring.
Sorry that you are naive to the point of believing passing yardage equates to being anywhere near the vicinity of great.

Not only that, anybody that objectively followed the Dolphins from 2012 -2018 knows he was the King of garbage time yardage when the outcome was already decided.

How many 30+ TD seasons has he posted? What was his W/L record? I know, I know, it was everyone else's fault but his, right? SMH.

The actually great Dan Marino was able to consistently post elite numbers and win games despite the lack of a running game or defense or superb talent around him.
If RT was as good as you seem to believe, he'd have been able to do the same -- especially during an era geared toward offensive success. But he didn't. Hence why he is average at best.

As John McEnroe once famously said, "You can't be serious! You CANNOT be serious!"

I'm not even gonna attempt to break down and explain to you how ridiculously poor this take is, since it's clear you are completely delusional about the true strengths of RT and the 2019 Titans team.

Since you are demonstrating more and more ignorance as this continues to go on, let me help you out a bit. The aptly applied journeyman description doesn't necessarily equate to how many teams the guy has played for. Google search can be your friend, dude.

jour·ney·man
/ˈjərnēmən/
noun: journeyman; plural noun: journeymen

1. a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
"a solid journeyman professional"

Extremely legitimate?

It's ridiculous enough that you falsely and without merit label Tannehill as a "great QB", but on what basis can you say the same about Josh Rosen?

It's one thing to not know the true meaning of the word "journeyman" but something else entirely to not understand what "great" means. Because it's clear your understanding of the word differs from 99% of the rest of the world. Because you're not going to find many sane people to agree with you that Rosen has been a great NFL QB to this point in his career.

Here's another word for you to google search, since you're completely full of it: hyperbole

^^ FIFY, fan boy.

It's clear to me now that you have no ability to be objective, reasonable, or even logical about any of this. And I've enabled your persistent hijacking of non-RT threads enough.

Last words are all yours. I'm sure they'll be just as factual and insightful as the first time around.

As you were.

Hi.

Since you decided to be a thoroughly willing and pontificating part of the derailment, let me ask you one thing now that you’re here:

If Ryan Tannehill is only a journeyman, if he’s nothing special, if he’s as easily replaceable as a telephone pole...

...then why did Derrick Henry suddenly explode the instant Tannehill became the Titans QB? Why did the Titans suddenly become a juggernaut once he replaced Mariota?

Luck? Astrology? Voodoo?

Or maybe is it that Tannehill’s skill set and the Titans were perfect complements for each other?

I’m gonna suggest it’s the latter. As bad as the Pro-Tannehill side was, the haters were at least as bad. Tannehill didn’t “need everything around him to be perfect to succeed” as some love to yammer about. He just needed a team that played to his considerable strengths and minimized his weaknesses. The Dolphins never did that.

That should frustrate everyone.

Hi.

Since you decided to be a thoroughly willing and pontificating part of the derailment, let me ask you one thing now that you’re here:

If Ryan Tannehill is only a journeyman, if he’s nothing special, if he’s as easily replaceable as a telephone pole...

...then why did Derrick Henry suddenly explode the instant Tannehill became the Titans QB?

Suddenly explode. LOL.
Apparently you didn’t notice the season Henry had the year before. Or just selectively chose to ignore it.

I’ll go with the latter since it doesn’t fit the “instant RT became the Titans QB” narrative. Par for the course for the RT fanclub.

I’ll go ahead and reverse the question right back at you.

If Ryan Tannehill isn’t only a journeyman, if he’s something special, if he isn’t as easily replaceable as a telephone pole..... then why didn’t it work out in MIA? After getting 6 whole years of time, no less??

I mean, as I brought up before, Dan Marino didn’t have a problem proving himself to be elite despite often playing on flawed teams devoid of defense, running game, or an abundance of talent.

The Dolphins, of course, didn’t win SB’s but they won a lot more games than they lost under a truly great QB. However that surely wasn’t the case under RT. You know why? Because he has never been a difference maker. Enough said.

Now if you want to continue this discussion in an appropriately titled thread, be my guest. However, I won’t join you there to continue enabling a delusional mindset.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Suddenly explode. LOL.
Apparently you didn’t notice the season Henry had the year before. Or just selectively chose to ignore it.

I’ll go with the latter since it doesn’t fit the “instant RT became the Titans QB” narrative. Par for the course for the RT fanclub.

If Ryan Tannehill isn’t only a journeyman, if he’s something special, if he isn’t as easily replaceable as a telephone pole..... then why didn’t it work out in MIA? After getting 6 whole years of time, no less??

I mean, as I brought up before, Dan Marino didn’t have a problem proving himself to be elite despite often playing on flawed teams devoid of defense, running game, or an abundance of talent.

The Dolphins, of course, didn’t win SB’s but they won a lot more games than they lost under a truly great QB. However that surely wasn’t the case under RT. You know why? Because he has never been a difference maker. Enough said.

Now if you want to continue this discussion in an appropriately titled thread, be my guest. However, I won’t join you there to continue enabling a delusional mindset.

Have fun.
Wow that D Henry really did come out of nowhere

That’s an interesting take...comparing a 36 year old veteran whose played with more teams and systems than any QB In NFL history to a 22 year old who hasn’t learned the NFL game yet?

Seems like reasonable take.......
To have to dumb down the playbook for a top ten QB makes me think the QB shouldn't have been taken top ten...

Suddenly explode. LOL.

Have fun.

You mean...the year he had before...when he rushed for 50% fewer yards than in 2019?

Or did you want to “selectively ignore” that Henry had 7 games of over 100 yards rushing under Tannehill...and had a total of four in 3+ years previously? And totally disregard that his YPC jumped at the exact moment Tannehill became the QB?

I’m not going to suggest Tannehill is an elite QB. But suggesting he wasn’t an essential part of what the Titans became is every bit as delusional.

And since you’re going to be condescending, if you want to continue with your hate, you may go off on your own. I won’t be following.

Sure did

He has a Better chance to be a starter in NE SD this freaking year his agent should get him out

He is slated to get zero meaningful reps

I don’t think Miami is going to trade him to NE. And I don’t think he’d stand a better chance of starting in SD.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him start a handful of games in Miami this year. We’ll see.

“the next Tannehill” LOL.

How folks can say things like that with a straight face as if we all didn’t notice Tannehill’s 6-seasons in MIA or that he’s a 31-year old journeyman level QB is beyond me.

If Rosen amounts to “the next Tannehill” somehow I don’t believe the Dolphins will rue the day they send him to another team.

One thing is likely true. If Rosen is indeed ”the next Tannehill”, Dolphins fans won’t be subjected to it for 6 LONG seasons this time around.

For Rosen’s sake, I hope he proves to be a bit better than that.
Tannehill redeemed himself nicely once he left the dumpster fire that was the Dolphins during his tenure here. I know FH posters hate to eat crow and therefore dismiss Last season because of Henry, but Tennessee is paying up for RT, not Henry. To say Rosen could be as good as Tannehill is to say he is good enough to start, and with a decent team around him, can get you within sniffing distance of a Super Bowl. That is good value for trading or starting, and while I don't believe Rosen is half the QB RT is, it would certainly be nice if he could meet or exceed those expectations.

Excuses are excuses. Arizona had absolutely zero interest in building around him and Fitzpatrick, who is a very limited QB did a hell of a lot more with that same roster.
Is that really true, though? Rosen was put in because Fitzpatrick lost his starting job early. Rosen had little success, just like Fitzpatrick, who didn't really get better until much later in the season and then only when he decided to really use his legs. It's no secret that I am not a Rosen fan, but let's at least try to be objective about it.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him start a handful of games in Miami this year. We’ll see.

That would be a horrible decision. Rosen is a dumb meat sack. If you start anyone it's Tua after he beats out Fitz...

That ain't happening. Kids going to be mega healthy long before. Watch.

I hope you’re right, but I keep getting this sneaky feeling that the Dolphins and doctors are going to get together in August and say something to the effect of, “Tua is on schedule to make a full recovery, but we want to err on the side of caution to ensure he has a long and healthy career blah blah blah....”

Back
Top Bottom