Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

elite14eva

Yashu Mane!!!
Club Member
Reaction score
Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls
MEGAN ARMSTRONGMAY 20, 20201

Miami Dolphins quarterback Josh Rosen (3) warms up before an NFL football game against the Buffalo Bills, Sunday, Nov. 17, 2019, in Miami Gardens, Fla. (AP Photo/Wilfredo Lee)

Wilfredo Lee/Associated Press
The Miami Dolphins selected former Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa with the No. 5 overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft. The 2018 Heisman Trophy finalist is the Fins' presumptive franchise quarterback of the future, which complicates matters for 2018 No. 10 overall pick Josh Rosen.
"Teams called the Miami Dolphins about Rosen's availability this offseason, and thus far, the Dolphins are in no hurry to trade him," NFL Network's Mike Girardi reported Wednesday.
The Arizona Cardinals traded Rosen to the Dolphins last April for a 2019 second-round pick and 2020 fifth-round pick after selecting Kyler Murray with the No. 1 overall pick.

Like the Dolphins, the Cardinals were open to keeping Rosen on their roster, ESPN's Cameron Wolfe and Josh Weinfuss reported at the time.
"Cardinals general manager Steve Keim said Friday night that he would have been 'fine' and 'happy' keeping Rosen on the roster but trading him came down to getting enough value in return. Keim insisted he wasn't focused on that value being a second-round pick, instead weighing the difference between keeping Rosen on the roster against the players he could draft with or around No. 62."
It's possible Rosen's trade value has diminished. A longtime NFL front office executive told the Miami Herald's Barry Jackson that he "would play Josh Rosen a lot in the preseason to try to trade him."
The 23-year-old lost out on the starting job to Fitzpatrick to open the 2019 season, although he relieved the veteran in the Dolphins' Week 2 43-0 loss to New England before making his first start in Week 3. Overall, the UCLA product threw for only 567 yards, one touchdown and five interceptions across six games (three starts) last season.
Rosen's four-year, roughly $17.6 million rookie contract runs through the 2021 season with a fifth-year option in 2022, per Spotrac.

Could be a nice way to drive up his price and value if there are multiple suitors. Or we really like Josh and want him in building. Could be they want keep him around til we know how the medicals shake out with Tua. Either way I'm into it.

To be fair dolphins should trade Rosen..let that man get fair chance some where else.they have too much at stakes w tua..

Dealing Rosen is the most obvious outcome
Anyone who wants to QB doesn’t want second or third fiddle in their prime

You you guys think we saw the real Josh Rosen your really not seeing the whole picture. He was thrown to the wolves his first 2 seasons. Behind the worst olines in the NFL. Let's see what he has this season. If anything his trade status should go up.

You you guys think we saw the real Josh Rosen your really not seeing the whole picture. He was thrown to the wolves his first 2 seasons. Behind the worst olines in the NFL. Let's see what he has this season. If anything his trade status should go up.

Eventually he needs to put up consistent numbers to warrant his place in the NFL. No matter the reasons for lack of productivity.

He's still only 23 years old. He's 2 months younger than Joe Burrow. It is unfortunate that his limited chances in Arizona and Miami were playing behind such crap O-lines. My inclination is to give him some decent playing time in the preseason games to try give him some confidence. He's the sort of QB that Belichick could be inclined to pick up for nothing. I wouldn't give him away.

Miami may eventually trade Rosen. I think they keep him until they feel comfortable with Tua's health and development. Once Tua passes the test, Rosen will become expendable. Miami will have to pick another QB they think can be a viable backup, at a much cheaper price. Especially if there is a salary cap reduction, as rumored for 2021? I don't think they'll get anything more than a 4th or 5th round pick, but if a desperate team comes calling with a higher offer, I'm sure Rosen would be sent out.

I expect another backup QB in Miami when you factor in the current financial situation facing every sports franchise. The NFL is fickle when it comes to the QB position and some team will see value in Rosen, even if there isn't much. It's going to get interesting come the trade deadline or if there is a significant injury to another teams QB. I also am looking forward to seeing if Rosen can show his true talent with better protection in front of him? We'll soon find out.

I say DON"T trade him this year....( Unless the deal is too good to pass up)
Let him and Fitz battle out the starting job.. Who knows, he could/might beat out Fitz.....and that would just drive the price up....
When Tua is ready, he steps in.....THEN they trade Rosen and then find another back up...... plus...IMO I think Fitz will have a job with the fins as a coach for a long time, if he wants it....

They arent going to trade him for a 5th when they got him last year for a 2nd and a 5th. That would be Chris Grier admitting to being incompetent.

Back
Top Bottom