Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

I hope you’re right, but I keep getting this sneaky feeling that the Dolphins and doctors are going to get together in August and say something to the effect of, “Tua is on schedule to make a full recovery, but we want to err on the side of caution to ensure he has a long and healthy career blah blah blah....”
BLEGH. Sounds like a nightmare.

That Pro Bowl nod was as a alternate. Further showing the whole award has been watered down over the years.

The rest is meh. He played on a team that was built before he got there. He didnt make anyone around him better, he just produced at the QB position at a higher level than Mariota....which wasnt hard.

Go back and watch their Playoff games and when Tannehill was forced into 3rd and long or playing from behind. Same **** different day.
You're contradicting yourself. You admit he played better at QB than Mariota, and as a result the team was successful. This is the very definition of elevating the team.

To have to dumb down the playbook for a top ten QB makes me think the QB shouldn't have been taken top ten...

According to multiple reports coming out....many had problems with the complication of the offense....hence the firing.

Fitzpatrick just happens to have massive experience and is a gunslinger...he made something out of nothing with his experience.

To write off Rosen at this point is extremely short-sighted. And this has nothing to do with Tua.

Passing for 4K yards is your undeniable proof of greatness? In an era where pretty much ALL competent QB's are doing that?

IDK if you are aware, but many rules have been altered over the past 15+ years designed to increase offensive output and scoring.
Sorry that you are naive to the point of believing passing yardage equates to being anywhere near the vicinity of great.

Not only that, anybody that objectively followed the Dolphins from 2012 -2018 knows he was the King of garbage time yardage when the outcome was already decided.

How many 30+ TD seasons has he posted? What was his W/L record? I know, I know, it was everyone else's fault but his, right? SMH.

The actually great Dan Marino was able to consistently post elite numbers and win games despite the lack of a running game or defense or superb talent around him.
If RT was as good as you seem to believe, he'd have been able to do the same -- especially during an era geared toward offensive success. But he didn't. Hence why he is average at best.

As John McEnroe once famously said, "You can't be serious! You CANNOT be serious!"

I'm not even gonna attempt to break down and explain to you how ridiculously poor this take is, since it's clear you are completely delusional about the true strengths of RT and the 2019 Titans team.

Since you are demonstrating more and more ignorance as this continues to go on, let me help you out a bit. The aptly applied journeyman description doesn't necessarily equate to how many teams the guy has played for. Google search can be your friend, dude.

jour·ney·man
/ˈjərnēmən/
noun: journeyman; plural noun: journeymen

1. a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
"a solid journeyman professional"

Extremely legitimate?

It's ridiculous enough that you falsely and without merit label Tannehill as a "great QB", but on what basis can you say the same about Josh Rosen?

It's one thing to not know the true meaning of the word "journeyman" but something else entirely to not understand what "great" means. Because it's clear your understanding of the word differs from 99% of the rest of the world. Because you're not going to find many sane people to agree with you that Rosen has been a great NFL QB to this point in his career.

Here's another word for you to google search, since you're completely full of it: hyperbole

^^ FIFY, fan boy.

It's clear to me now that you have no ability to be objective, reasonable, or even logical about any of this. And I've enabled your persistent hijacking of non-RT threads enough.

Last words are all yours. I'm sure they'll be just as factual and insightful as the first time around.

As you were.
I know this wasn't directed at me, but the fan boy thing is a bit juvenile. The facts of what Tannehill has done with the Dolphins and the Titans are there for anyone to look at. Some feel the need to negate his accomplishments, some simply choose to look at the whole thing factually.

FWIW, it seems undeniable That at least a few things are true about RT:

1. He was placed in a bad situation in Miami
2. It took him longer to develop than a 4 year college starting QB
3. When given a little talent around him, he is capable of producing at a respectable level (proven in Miami and Tennessee)
4. He has had the most success of any current or former Dolphins QB since Marino
5. Tennessee was more concerned with keeping RT than Henry

The point here isn't fanboying over a QB, it is to simply acknowledge that good QB's are hard to find, and that sometimes a coaches or fan bases impatience can result in letting go of great talent prematurely. I don't believe in Rosen, but at his cost and in the situation we are in, there is no need to move on until we are sure about him. Throwing in the Tua's injury history just drives the point home.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but the fan boy thing is a bit juvenile. The facts of what Tannehill has done with the Dolphins and the Titans are there for anyone to look at. Some feel the need to negate his accomplishments, some simply choose to look at the whole thing factually.

FWIW, it seems undeniable That at least a few things are true about RT:

1. He was placed in a bad situation in Miami
2. It took him longer to develop than a 4 year college starting QB
3. When given a little talent around him, he is capable of producing at a respectable level (proven in Miami and Tennessee)
4. He has had the most success of any current or former Dolphins QB since Marino
5. Tennessee was more concerned with keeping RT than Henry

The point here isn't fanboying over a QB, it is to simply acknowledge that good QB's are hard to find, and that sometimes a coaches or fan bases impatience can result in letting go of great talent prematurely. I don't believe in Rosen, but at his cost and in the situation we are in, there is no need to move on until we are sure about him. Throwing in the Tua's injury history just drives the point home.

Agreed...the thing about Tannehill that bothered me the most was I never saw a playmaker at critical moments, when it mattered. All to often he came up short in those situations.

Agree with most of your takes!

I don’t know if Rosen will develop....but I know he has a great arm and I believe the smart move is developing him at his relatively low cost.

I’m confused why so many don’t view him as you would any other developmental QB?

Agreed...the thing about Tannehill that bothered me the most was I never saw a playmaker at critical moments, when it mattered. All to often he came up short in those situations.

I don’t know if Rosen will develop....but I know he has a great arm and I believe the smart move is developing him at his relatively low cost.

I’m confused why so many don’t view him as you would any other developmental QB?

Because most developmental QB's don't get drafted in the top 10 like he did. There was a lot more expected of him based on where he was drafted.

I honestly believe they feel threatened that if Tua were in some sort of competition with Rosen that the coaches might give the nod to him over Tua. Maybe they think that Tua is going to make us instant playoff contenders and think Rosen is a threat to getting Tua on the field right away? Maybe they are concerned that if Tua is injury prone as feared, Rosen will supplant him due to injury? Honestly, it is one of the stranger backup QB fixations I have seen.

Because most developmental QB's don't get drafted in the top 10 like he did. There was a lot more expected of him based on where he was drafted.

I get your perceptions...but we didn’t draft him top ten...we don’t have a big salary invested on him...he is a perfect developmental QB...and I’m quite sure the Dolphins feel the same way, as evidenced by their actions.

Don’t need too, Ryan can be a game manager...but he all too often didn’t make the plays when needed.

Last year I saw a game manager leading a stacked Tennessee team with the games top running back...and still fell short.
Yeah stupid game manager with 117 qb rating, highest in the league.

"Your bias is showing. Bumble Bee Tuna!"
8uCXADN.png

No doubt in my mind that JR will get the most burn in preseason, if we still have it, with the sole purpose of building value for a trade.

According to multiple reports coming out....many had problems with the complication of the offense....hence the firing.

Fitzpatrick just happens to have massive experience and is a gunslinger...he made something out of nothing with his experience.

To write off Rosen at this point is extremely short-sighted. And this has nothing to do with Tua.
well that and fitzpatrick might be the smartest QB in the NFL.

really? the thing that bothered me was that at critical moments, The OLINE **** the bed.

Back
Top Bottom