Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

No it isnt... Actually spending any time planning for the event that Rosen might pan out is about the same as starting to shop for a ferrari because you bought a loto ticket...

No, that’s not true...you don’t have to put all your eggs in Rosen’s basket to develop him.

Obviously Chris Grier and Brian Flores get it....not sure why some Dolphin fans struggle with it.

Excuses are excuses. Arizona had absolutely zero interest in building around him and Fitzpatrick, who is a very limited QB did a hell of a lot more with that same roster.

Arizona’s entire coaching staff got blown out...Kingsbury had a shot at a QB better suited to run his offense...that simple.

Fitzpatrick is an extremely experienced vet who was much better suited to deal with the worst O-line in NFL history...

No matter what the knee jerkers think...Chris Grier and Brian Flores are doing the right thing and patiently seeing what they have.

No it isnt... Actually spending any time planning for the event that Rosen might pan out is about the same as starting to shop for a ferrari because you bought a loto ticket...
Well my buddy has a nice Ferrari jacket

I know, right? Why would the generational talent Tua be threatened in any way by a bum like Rosen? Hmmm? :ponder: If Rosen is actually good enough to threaten Tua's opportunities to start, isn't that a good problem to have from a team perspective? :wacky Of course, all of our fans think team first, right? They never focus on one player over another. No way :wink
No conjecture here at all

Reality is so far Josh Rosen has a 1st round pick (10th overall), a 2nd round pick (62nd overall), a 3rd round pick (79th overall), and two 5th round picks (152nd & 153rd overall) invested in him by two different organizations to acquire his services. Followed up by quickly drafting quarterbacks with top 5 picks both times.

Throw in the players like Erik McCoy that have proven to be outstanding young players that teams like Miami could've had instead and you begin to see the big picture. He's not some late day 3 flier that some sneaky scout took a chance on as a developmental prospect. This is a kid who stood there and proclaimed that he was the best quarterback in the draft.

NFL GM's don't like being exposed.

It's year 3. At some point you're just required to seize a job, produce, and string together wins.

For Mr. Rosen, that time is getting awfully close. It'll come and go before you know it.
Now he is supposed to be happy about third string? I don’t think so he and his agent should get him out pronto

Otherwise they can gimmick a play for him that he can learn to a T

No, that’s not true...you don’t have to put all your eggs in Rosen’s basket to develop him.

Obviously Chris Grier and Brian Flores get it....not sure why some Dolphin fans struggle with it.
But thats not what you said, you're exact words were: "To write off Rosen at this point is extremely short-sighted "... It isnt and I challenge you to find one person who's not a Fins fan who thinks Rosen can become anything more than a journey man backup in the NFL at this point... If you cant get a 2nd for a 2 years removed from being a top 10 pick QB, well there's really nothing short sighted about thinking his profesionnal Football outlook looks pretty grim....

Its also very odd to see you **** on Tannehill and prop up Rosen in the same thread... With all his limitations, Tannehill played behind very very bad OLs in his time here and out performed Rosen by a ****ing nautical mile....

If you don't trade Rosen you. have 2 more years. of a great backup cheap. If you do trade him you will only do so for good consideration. A third round pick to start; otherwise its not worth trading. Rosen will also. benefit like. TUA learning from experienced veteran this year. If TUA is healthy and is playing great, then let the bidding begin for Rosen.

Rosen has a John Beck-esque following by some, and very well may be like him minus the senior citizen status Beck had. You’ve got the same old delusions like “He could be Brees 2.0” being floated around like you did with JohnBeckHOF too.

That says, he’s cheap, and unless you can get anything worthwhile, I’d just keep him.

But thats not what you said, you're exact words were: "To write off Rosen at this point is extremely short-sighted "... It isnt and I challenge you to find one person who's not a Fins fan who thinks Rosen can become anything more than a journey man backup in the NFL at this point... If you cant get a 2nd for a 2 years removed from being a top 10 pick QB, well there's really nothing short sighted about thinking his profesionnal Football outlook looks pretty grim....

Its also very odd to see you **** on Tannehill and prop up Rosen in the same thread... With all his limitations, Tannehill played behind very very bad OLs in his time here and out performed Rosen by a ****ing nautical mile....

Nobody is giving a 2nd for Rosen right now....if we develop him, if he shows something in camp and pre-season...that could change.

I’m talking about dumping him for a day 3 pick...that would be stupid.

No reason to trade him when his value is probably super low. Any pick we would get for him is likely negligible and if that's the case his value can only go up. He's still more worthwhile having on the roster than the draft pick he would net right now.

I've no doubt that other teams would like to have Rosen, but I'm sure nobody is willing to pay that much after the Dolphins handling of him was a train wreck last year.
I dont agree that Miami handled him badly. I think they did their best but the physical limitations of their OLine and defensive talent put him in bad down & distance & scoreboard positions. They wrre hoping that maybe he could overcome it, but he lacked the experience to handle that kind of 'speed of the game' scenario.
Fitzpatrick was a GD magician half the time.

I dont agree that Miami handled him badly. I think they did their best but the physical limitations of their OLine and defensive talent put him in bad down & distance & scoreboard positions. They wrre hoping that maybe he could overcome it, but he lacked the experience to handle that kind of 'speed of the game' scenario.
Fitzpatrick was a GD magician half the time.

I agree with everything you said except the disagreeing part! It's always an indictment on a guy if he's not successful, but I think half the QB busts in this league could have made it under different circumstances. And likewise, 1/2 of those guys that are successful were so because of ending up in the right situation. Coaching, supporting cast, luck, random events, all of it comes into play.

you are not getting close to a second for Rosen though

Nobody is giving a 2nd for Rosen right now....if we develop him, if he shows something in camp and pre-season...that could change.

I’m talking about dumping him for a day 3 pick...that would be stupid.

i dont see anybody trading above a 6th for him, maybe a 5th if desperate

I honestly believe they feel threatened that if Tua were in some sort of competition with Rosen that the coaches might give the nod to him over Tua. Maybe they think that Tua is going to make us instant playoff contenders and think Rosen is a threat to getting Tua on the field right away? Maybe they are concerned that if Tua is injury prone as feared, Rosen will supplant him due to injury? Honestly, it is one of the stranger backup QB fixations I have seen.
That's laughable.

Back
Top Bottom