Josh Rosen Vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick | Pff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick | Pff

I want to see what we have in Rosen, win or lose, good or bad because it’s a no lose proposition in that we see what we have and if he’s good that’s great and if he sucks we are nicely positioned for next year.

However, the one take away I have from that video is that I really want to buy one of those fitzmagic shirts!

I want to see what we have in Rosen, win or lose, good or bad because it’s a no lose proposition in that we see what we have and if he’s good that’s great and if he sucks we are nicely positioned for next year.

However, the one take away I have from that video is that I really want to buy one of those fitzmagic shirts!

Or, Rosen never starts or gets 'clean-up' snaps. That tells fans all they want to know. Personally, I think Rosen will start over half the games.

Can't wait for the season already. See what we got with Rosen, good or bad. He doesn't have to start week one but he needs to start at least 10 to 12 games for us to have an idea as to what we have.

This whole "we get to see him everyday," so "we can evaluate him from practice" makes my stomach hurt.
They don't believe that, any more than you do, but that is just what coaches say.

It's impossible to make a complete assessment, without seeing a player under fire in real games, playing with starters.

Trade Fitzpatrick before the season start to a team that loses their Quarterback. Get a draft pick. Start Rosen and see what you have. This is absolutely the plan.

I like this plan. We definitely need to see what we have in Rosen. I really hope he turns out to be our franchise QB. Then we can use our 1st pick next year on something other than a QB.

Just finished watching that video myself and come here … and its posted! Not nearly as in-depth as I had hoped, but liked how they highlighted the INT-worthy throws each of them throws. Battle of two gunslingers. Typically Fitzmagic wins early and loses late. I'm hoping that scenario plays out as it lets Rosen get his opportunity after the OL and receivers are more competent in the new scenario. Plus, it probably means we've lost a few games and the pressure will be lessened on Rosen. Given that he didn't have much support or time last year … this would allow us to evaluate him with a competent supporting cast and presumably some time to throw.

I'm a fan of Fitzmagic … and I'll be surprised if he loses the race to become the starter on opening day. But if Rosen wins it … let's all remember to have patience, because like we saw with Gase's first season, it usually takes 5 weeks for a team to "get it." We have a bye in week 5, so my prediction is Fitzmagic for weeks 1-4, with Rosen taking over going into the bye week and getting two full weeks of practice before Week 6's game (game 5 for the Dolphins).

Trade Fitzpatrick before the season start to a team that loses their Quarterback. Get a draft pick. Start Rosen and see what you have. This is absolutely the plan.
I think we keep Fitz to be the backup. It's the NFL QBs get hurt every week. It's smart to have two quality players especially at the price we are paying

Don't forget to get your Fitzmagic t-shirt:

https://shop.profootballfocus.com/products/miami-magic

mockup-02d8dccb_720x.jpg

Hopefully we can poach some high potential Olinemen to help in achieving a legit evaluation of Rosen. A true pocket passer does require a pocket!
I think this is really a good point that even myself has to stop and rethink some things..

I’ve been down on Rosen after watching his reps as a pro, I wanted to see a player multitask even when protection breaks down, I didn’t see that overall, I saw a player rush to much and be late to much, saw a player who was not comfortable with his own rhythm, now the ones who athletically can multitask, usually have a plan even if the team and circumstances around them are crumbling with disfunction, so that being said, I think your point resonates with me because that’s not what he is, and too much protection breakdown is going to blur the lines of an accurate evaluation.

At first I agreed we have to play Rosen no matter what but now I'm rethinking. There are other positions we want to fairly evaluate too that poor QB play would hurt, namely WR and TE. If Rosen's play is far below Fitz, I'd rather go with Fitz. We didn't pay a high price for Rosen and he won't make much money. If Rosen can't win the job outright, you draft a QB in 2020 and then let them compete too.

Back
Top Bottom