Josh Rosen Would Have Gone #1 Overall This Year? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Would Have Gone #1 Overall This Year?

I'm just interested here about you watching his one year in Arizona. How did you feel about them hiring Steve Wilks which was strange/questionable hire to lead that team? How did you feel about Mike McCoy running up the middle 90 percent of the time and showing what a terrible oc he is? How do you feel about handing the reigns to a new oc mid year and trying to install a new offense? How do you feel about the offensive talent being diminished by injuries/poor drafting? How do you feel about Rosen handling the quickest sac rate in the league?

My point is their is a ton of context as to why the Cardinals were awful last year. To pin the blame on Rosen without providing any of the context is a poor argument. What attitude are people talking about? Sensible cardinals fans didn't seem to think he had one
So bad line, bad coaching and inredible pressure from defenses? Aren't those the conditions Tannehill had as a rookie when he threw for almost 4,000 yards?

My point being that while those are all very important factors and will surely hurt a rookie QB's production … look at his production. It wasn't bad, it was abysmal. But yes, his protection was abysmal … almost looked like the OL gave up on protecting him.

Fingers crossed that our new coaching staff is better. I like the pairing of Tunsil and Deiter on the left side, and I think that'll be an improvement for Rosen and Fitzpatrick. I'm hoping we add at least 1 more starting OL in this draft too, to help Rosen avoid becoming gun-shy like Blaine Gabbert and David Carr. We have a strong receiving corps and a good RB in Drake, so on the whole the surrounding cast is definitely better than he had last year. Let's hope he starts producing.

This is the dumbest post in the history of posts, maybe ever.
Wait, did someone post? I just thought there was a pitch invasion from disgruntled fans of the no-longer-existant Orlando Apollos … a good club, may they rest in peace.

Ignore him, he'll go away...
images
I like how you color-coordinated with his Apollos colors … such attention to detail!

t factors and will surely hurt a rookie QB's production … look at his production. It wasn't bad, it was abysmal. But yes, his protection was abysmal … almost looked like the OL gave up on protecting him.

Fingers crossed that our new coaching staff is better. I like the pairing of Tunsil and Deiter on the left side, and I think that'll be an improvement for Rosen and Fitzpatrick. I'm hoping we add at least 1 more starting OL in this draft too, to help Rosen avoid becoming gun-shy like Blaine Gabbert and David Carr. We have a strong receiving corps and a good RB in Drake, so on the whole the surrounding cast is definitely better than he had last year. Let's hope he starts producing.

Gabbert definitely got gun shy in Jax, but he's had ample time in San Fran and Tenn to play. His pocket movement and moxie make him look like a completely different player than the guy in Jax, but at the end of the day the guy just can't throw the football accurate to save his life.

So bad line, bad coaching and inredible pressure from defenses? Aren't those the conditions Tannehill had as a rookie when he threw for almost 4,000 yards?

My point being that while those are all very important factors and will surely hurt a rookie QB's production … look at his production. It wasn't bad, it was abysmal. But yes, his protection was abysmal … almost looked like the OL gave up on protecting him.

Fair assessment I'll give you that. But in comparison to Allen and Darnold all 3 were ranked very low. I'm not sure if that is common among rookies? The only issue was Allen (who was atrocious before their schedule eased up)/Darnold had some games where they lit up the stat sheet. Arizona did not seem to get those same opportunities.

I think Todd McShay is saying things to fill air time.

McShay's kind of jumped the shark, IMO. He always beats the drum of "quarterback, quarterback, quarterback." Obviously, the most important position. But, obviously, there aren't as many franchise guys out there as there are teams, and not every QB is a good fit in every organization, and not every team is built to just add a QB and it make everything better.

He seemed to have the Dolphins attached to any possible QB there was since the end of the season until the very end where he mocked Wilkins to us. He seems like a one-trick pony.

Fair assessment I'll give you that. But in comparison to Allen and Darnold all 3 were ranked very low. I'm not sure if that is common among rookies? The only issue was Allen (who was atrocious before their schedule eased up)/Darnold had some games where they lit up the stat sheet. Arizona did not seem to get those same opportunities.
Good points.

Here's where we may need to dig deeper. Darnold's upside was that he was extremely young, and as a rookie that's how he showed. He had good flashes, but was made to look like a naïve and easily fooled rookie. But that was to be expected, he was always going to have serious growing pains. Josh Allen (the QB for Buffalo, not the edge rusher in this draft) was a physical specimen who was raw and played a less rigorous level of competition, although they did schedule up as well as they could, so it wasn't that bad. As a rookie Allen also showed that, making Hercules type throws and amazing escapes, but in the end just not being accurate enough and not reading defenses well enough yet. He was always the project.

In contrast, Rosen was considered by many to be the most pro-ready. Personally, I always saw Baker Mayfield as the most pro-ready, but I was in the minority on that one and usually called a Baker-homer, but my analysis proved right as a rookie. Regardless, Rosen was more polished than Allen and Darnold certainly, and was expected to have a smoother rookie campaign. But, as you have so eloquently pointed out, the Arizona OL was the worst in the NFL, he faced constant pressure, endured bad coaching, and much turmoil as a rookie.

Let's hope that those extremely negative circumstances were major contributors to Rosen not producing. We're hoping the system suits him better, and I don't mean to speak for you but I believe we both agree that it will. It is mentally challenging and asks a LOT of the QB in terms of intellect and quick mental processing of information, and we both believe Rosen is up to the challenge and up to the task for these things. But there will be a learning curve, because it is a very complex system for a QB. Our OL is better than Arizona's, and we're improving it. We're building an OL around him and its already much better than Arizona's was last year. Tunsil is top notch LT, Deiter will be a good LG, if Davis starts he'll have more experience and be at RT which suits him better. Kilgore is healthy so even if we don't add a new C, we should be improved. We're still adding more talent. Drake is a good RB and our WR corps is good. I'm higher on our TE group than most are. Dwayne Allen is a good in-line TE and I believe Mike Gesicki will prove to be a good move TE. The front office is building a team around Rosen that will significantly reduce the outside problems he faced last year. He will get another chance. But it will be up to him how long that chance stays open.

To be honest I didn’t want him as a 1st round pick last year. It had nothing to with his ability or his personality. I do think he has a chance to be a franchise QB. I live in PAC 12 country and as a Huskies fan I watched him play a handful of games. He sucked or was injured in games vs the Huskies, but he did look good in all the others I seen.

I didn’t want him in the 1st last year only from the injury’s I seen from the Huskies games I think he didn’t make it though a full game vs them. So with the OL we had last year and this year I’d be afraid of him not making though more than a handful of games. But for the low 2nd and next. Years 5th I’m all for giving him a chance

As for the unfriending stuff I don’t care about the stuff. We don’t know what may of gone on in Cardinal land after the Murray pick.

No. I don't think he would have gone first overall. I still think the Cards take Murray.

As for the unfriending stuff I don’t care about the stuff. We don’t know what may of gone on in Cardinal land after the Murray pick.

Absolutely agree. Who cares about who he follows on social media?

As far as him being an asshole, some very good qb’s are assholes!

Yes and unfriending the Cards on social media after they picked Murray was kinda immature. At least wait 24 hours or so.
I don't do the social media thing. When you're following someone/thing, do you get popups when they do their tweets and stuff?

I mean, it seems, to me, to be kind of petty, unless he just really didn't want to be inundated with a bunch of stuff about how great the little guy is.

Back
Top Bottom