Josh Rosen Would Have Gone #1 Overall This Year? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Would Have Gone #1 Overall This Year?

No. I don't think he would have gone first overall. I still think the Cards take Murray.

The Cards were taking the Murray the day they hired a sub .500 college football coach, every other board would have Rosen as the #1 rated QB.

Yes and unfriending the Cards on social media after they picked Murray was kinda immature. At least wait 24 hours or so.

At that point he likely knew he was on his way out, so why continue to represent an organization that has already replaced you? I have no issues with that. No one should. Not even the Cardinals.

I'd have done the same.

Just look up his comments about Cleveland before the draft for an idea of what people are talking about. Also his comments immediately after the draft. Granted, I really enjoyed his comments about Cleveland -- and I don't think he was wrong -- but you can't say that kind of stuff. It's just dumb.

He seems very emotionally immature and has an entitled mentality. But he's also a smart kid and has shown he can do a lot of the things that a quarterback needs to do to succeed. So you take a chance on him growing up a little bit after suffering some adversity and hope for a payoff

Totally 100% agree -- and have to hope we made sure we expected him to come in and immediately
be the hardest worker on the team. And we got 100% buy-in on that.

IMO it's a calculated roll of the dice because this kid doesn't inspire oddles of confidence based
on his overall track record. If it works out brilliantly in our favor then Grier + Flores are instant
super heroes. If the kid flops -- well the best we can say is that we didn't put the franchise
at risk acquiring him.

Last edited:
Unlikely, Murray would always be rated higher as a more exciting prospect. Rosen was/would be the best pure passer of the group but has always polarized opinion due to his lack of mobility and perceived/imagined maturity issues. He'd definitely br the #2 rated QB this year though, he throws a beautiful ball.

I keep hearing this thing about his bad attitude. What did/does he do?
He doesn't toe the line when it comes to expressing his personal opinions (or not doing so), and as we all know showing such disrespect to your teammates, coaches, employers and fans can bring a locker room to it's knees.

I don't know who his agent is, but Grier and maybe even Ross should have a Come To God meeting with him since his own earnings depend on Rosen not washing out. The agent should put a stop to social media, and manage him on a regular basis including having him not speak his mind so freely. As far as learning, Rosen is allegedly very smart, respects intelligence so I don't think there will be a problem cueing to Fitzpatrick and taking mentoring from Caldwell so there's that too.
Pardon my ignorance but is a 'Come To God' meeting exactly what it sounds like? If not what is it and how would it help?

I fully expect the ORG to put Rosen on immediate lock down re social media crap
and certainly ANYTHING that doesn't represent the TEAM in the best light.

They have clearly stated "leadership" is quality #1 @QB and that has to encompass
the full spectrum of how the QB presents himself. He will instructed to maintain
discipline and control at all times...

I'd have to assume that fact will actually (hopefully) help this kid mature and
grow into a certified Pro.

I fully expect the ORG to put Rosen on immediate lock down re social media crap
and certainly ANYTHING that doesn't represent the TEAM in the best light.

They have clearly stated "leadership" is quality #1 @QB and that has to encompass
the full spectrum of how the QB presents himself.
He will instructed to maintain
discipline and control at all times...

I'd have to assume that fact will actually (hopefully) help this kid mature and
grow into a certified Pro.

If that were really the case they would have never used a pick to trade for him.

The only reason Murray was first overall was they drafted a **** coach that runs that type of offense..

Murray was always a first rounder, but not a lock #1 until Kliff.

So bad line, bad coaching and inredible pressure from defenses? Aren't those the conditions Tannehill had as a rookie when he threw for almost 4,000 yards?

My point being that while those are all very important factors and will surely hurt a rookie QB's production … look at his production. It wasn't bad, it was abysmal. But yes, his protection was abysmal … almost looked like the OL gave up on protecting him.

Fingers crossed that our new coaching staff is better. I like the pairing of Tunsil and Deiter on the left side, and I think that'll be an improvement for Rosen and Fitzpatrick. I'm hoping we add at least 1 more starting OL in this draft too, to help Rosen avoid becoming gun-shy like Blaine Gabbert and David Carr. We have a strong receiving corps and a good RB in Drake, so on the whole the surrounding cast is definitely better than he had last year. Let's hope he starts producing.

I disagree. Tannehill didn't throw for 4k yards that year. Rosen was certainly sacked more than Tannehill...in fewer games as well.
Rosen also had to deal with a change in offense. So no, the conditions were not the same.

Yeah I suppose. I hadn’t thought of it that way. Then again, if it was me, and I had been drafted by the Cards I never would have friended them in the first place!

He is a millennial and has to date acted in the manner some of us have come to expect from these purple marker kids.

But that was a couple of days ago, we will see if he understands that he needs to grow up. Steve Smith said it the best about him.

Back
Top Bottom