Josh Sitton Has Been Released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Sitton Has Been Released

He was great for that one game. :chuckle:
I know you're just making fun of him, but in reality, this is the crux of it. When he was in the lineup our offensive line WAS good, and our offense as a whole was productive, and the season showed promise. Getting the OL right really is that important. Had Sitton been able to stay healthy, I think our season would have turned out a lot different, and we probably don't tank next year. But that's just how it goes when you get veteran FA's on the market … they're older and very high priced.

Everyone wants to draft 5 guys in round 4 and magically have a great OL … but it just doesn't work that way. The Patriots draft OL in every round, whether it's round 1 and 2 guys like Vollmer, Mankins, Wynn, etc. or those mid and late round guys, or the guys they trade for like Cooper, they use a lot of resources building an OL. They draft a LOT of guys, and it's like a revolving door there, they bring a lot in, throw it in the deep end, and keep what floats. Sure, they have great coaches like Scarnecchia (sp?) and a couple of great ones before him, but they are constantly investing resources into the OL. Branden Albert worked for a while, but he was old and got hurt. Sitton worked for like a game, but was old and got hurt. Let's find a bunch of guys who are durable and keep churning through the prospects until we find a good group … then keep them healthy. Lets hope that our new coaching staff can coach them up.

I wish Josh Sitton the best, but his injury was his undoing. It was the pistol shot that triggered an avalanche of underperformance, culminating in an utter teardown-rebuild. He was a dead-man walking on this team once we parted ways with Gase. Too bad, because he's one of the best guards in the NFL for the last decade, and he's just a square peg in a round hole in our current rebuild. Good luck to you Josh Sitton. Sorry it didn't work out.

My only thinking is that the injury was worse than they let on. If he ends up even relatively healthy next year for another team were going to regret this. First move I haven't liked this off-season though (wasn't exactly thrilled with Parker resining either but not a big problem) so I guess it is what it is. Rebuild mode anyway, we just better have a plan with the line so it's not a disaster.

Add it to the dead cap pile. Just another bust FA pickup but hey lets keep our special GM

I know it's kind of a joke but he really was. I remember thinking "wow...looks like we finally have a capable O Line"....and what a glorious 60 minutes of that feeling it was.

I remember too. Offense line didn’t get qb hit once and gore ran like crazy. Honestly with that line together we win 9 games maybe 10.
Then Larsen started against jets and you could immediately tell the difference. We won but the line was giving up free blitzes again. Ugh.

I know you're just making fun of him, but in reality, this is the crux of it. When he was in the lineup our offensive line WAS good, and our offense as a whole was productive, and the season showed promise. Getting the OL right really is that important. Had Sitton been able to stay healthy, I think our season would have turned out a lot different, and we probably don't tank next year. But that's just how it goes when you get veteran FA's on the market … they're older and very high priced.

Everyone wants to draft 5 guys in round 4 and magically have a great OL … but it just doesn't work that way. The Patriots draft OL in every round, whether it's round 1 and 2 guys like Vollmer, Mankins, Wynn, etc. or those mid and late round guys, or the guys they trade for like Cooper, they use a lot of resources building an OL. They draft a LOT of guys, and it's like a revolving door there, they bring a lot in, throw it in the deep end, and keep what floats. Sure, they have great coaches like Scarnecchia (sp?) and a couple of great ones before him, but they are constantly investing resources into the OL. Branden Albert worked for a while, but he was old and got hurt. Sitton worked for like a game, but was old and got hurt. Let's find a bunch of guys who are durable and keep churning through the prospects until we find a good group … then keep them healthy. Lets hope that our new coaching staff can coach them up.

I wish Josh Sitton the best, but his injury was his undoing. It was the pistol shot that triggered an avalanche of underperformance, culminating in an utter teardown-rebuild. He was a dead-man walking on this team once we parted ways with Gase. Too bad, because he's one of the best guards in the NFL for the last decade, and he's just a square peg in a round hole in our current rebuild. Good luck to you Josh Sitton. Sorry it didn't work out.

Great post. Tanny had time to drop that dime to stills. I was excited. Then we got larsened again. Ugh

Minus a 6 game stretch in 2016, nothing will be much different then what we subjected RT too the last 7 years.

And RT was actually built to absorb the kind of hits most QBs would’ve succumb to much earlier.

How the dude never broke his collarbone is just shocking.

Poor guy. Maybe he should have learned how to manage a pocket and respond to pressure.

How much cap space does this save? What is our starting offensive line as of right now?

Poor guy. Maybe he should have learned how to manage a pocket and respond to pressure.

He had no problem with that in 2016.

But let’s blame him for not having 4 second pockets like Tom Brady.

Worst OL in the NFL this decade but your advice is to just suck it up and play better.

It’s cool though god must’ve known he was going to be drafted by the Dolphins so he blessed him with that wife and great wealth to make up for his misfortunation.

Can you name more than 3 offensive players RT has played with in 7 years you’d want starting on this team?

But at least the coaching was high quality and the defense reliable.

Jarvis Landry is all he had. Everyone knows you build through the slot.

Last edited:
Can't believe Larsen already found a home with da-bears.

He had no problem with that in 2016.

But let’s blame him for not having 4 second pockets like Tom Brady.

Worst OL in the NFL this decade but your advice is to just suck it up and play better.

It’s cool though god must’ve known he was going to be drafted by the Dolphins so he blessed him with that wife and great wealth to make up for his misfortunation.

Can you name more than 3 offensive players RT has played with in 7 years you’d want starting on this team?

But at least the coaching was high quality and the defense reliable.

Jarvis Landry is all he had. Everyone knows you build through the slot.

Same sack percentage as previous years, but with fewer attempts. Everyone loves 2016, but he was only slightly less mediocre than previous years.

So you basic argument is that if he just had the greatest line in history and an offense full of all-star talent, plus the best defense and top coaching, he’d be good. Nah, above average at best.

Anyways, you go ahead and die on that hill of mediocrity. I’m glad it’s finally over. Nothing to really add to the debate other than more excuses for a former player.

Back
Top Bottom