Josh Sitton Retires | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Sitton Retires

Didn't realize we were comparing but if we were...

James still has some tread on the tires whereas fatty pants

is hereby retired. That said. I've already stated elsewhere

James @that $$$ is/was a joke. But horse face

Elway was never very bright!
Atta boy, let em have it! :munch:

Didn't realize we were comparing but if we were...

James still has some tread on the tires whereas fatty pants

is hereby retired. That said. I've already stated elsewhere

James @that $$$ is/was a joke. But horse face

Elway was never very bright!
If we're going to use injury history as the reason for criticizing someone … then we ought to use it for both, right?

If you want a comparison, let's compare production. Sitton was a perennial Pro-Bowler and often All-Pro type player, as well as probably being the very best guard in the last decade … James has never made either and hasn't even put in one good season.

Fatty pants eh? He's not particularly heavy or fat for his position. OL typically weigh at least as much.

Go back and look at Josh Sitton's record … he's been one of the most dominant OL in the NFL for years. Did he have injuries, yes, but not a lot of them. He wasn't fat. He just had one season-ending injury and ended up missing 15 of 16 games … after only missing 6 games of the previous 32. When he played, our OL was good, and our offense was productive. But hey, just about every NFL player gets injured at some point, we just had the unfortunate season-ending injury to him in the beginning of the season.

082018-SciFiFilmFest-CalImage-CloseEncountersoftheThirdKind.jpg

Close Entankers of the Tua Kind...

If we're going to use injury history as the reason for criticizing someone … then we ought to use it for both, right?

If you want a comparison, let's compare production. Sitton was a perennial Pro-Bowler and often All-Pro type player, as well as probably being the very best guard in the last decade … James has never made either and hasn't even put in one good season.

Fatty pants eh? He's not particularly heavy or fat for his position. OL typically weigh at least as much.

Go back and look at Josh Sitton's record … he's been one of the most dominant OL in the NFL for years. Did he have injuries, yes, but not a lot of them. He wasn't fat. He just had one season-ending injury and ended up missing 15 of 16 games … after only missing 6 games of the previous 32. When he played, our OL was good, and our offense was productive. But hey, just about every NFL player gets injured at some point, we just had the unfortunate season-ending injury to him in the beginning of the season.

You're right.

That slab hanging over his "personal area" for that one game

last year was probably a decoy.

Key point = past tense.

It's a life
choice!

No Prob
lem OK

I like
white

space!

Beyond that. Linearity is dramatically overrated...

My opinion. Of course.

BTW that doggie is a tad too

anthropomorphised for my

tastes!

:)

:hi:

You know what I'm saying!!! :hi:

How many games did he play for us last year in contrast to the amount of games James played for us?

I don't even consider Sitton to be a Dolphin in anything but record keeping....

I meant he was more reliable when the signing was made. Look nobody is going to go to bat for this signing and you can't blame them, I'm just saying this end result wasn't as obvious as the super smart notradamus finheaven posters think is was. The Patriots have plugged their line with OLD players and it has worked out fine (Brian Waters). Not to mention the majority of the line for the defending NFC champion St. Louis Rams was 30+. Again, I'm not going to win defending the Sitton signing after what happened but my point is he was LESS injury prone than Jawaan James and Xavien Howard is now (from 16-18) when he was signed but everybody "Saw it coming", BULLSHIT! Hardly a Dolphins though, I agree.

You're right.

That slab hanging over his "personal area" for that one game

last year was probably a decoy.

Key point = past tense.
Hindsight is 20/20 … just seems like we should use the same criteria for every OL, and since you mentioned injury time missed as a criteria … seems fair to state what we knew about injuries before we offered him a contract … don't you agree? Seems unfair to judge James one way and Sitton another. After all, we moved on from our two highest drafted OL (Jake Long and Mike Pouncey) for this very issue, so obviously it is important.

Weight isn't really a point of debate … scales give us conclusive data, as does a body-fat measuring. By OL standards, Sitton was not fat. That's just a fact. If you're saying that all OL are fat … well so be it, but it's not real reason to harsh on Sitton, it's kinda like calling him an offensive lineman … it is just what is required.

Any way, you didn't like the former All-Pro, he got injured very early, and that free agent acquisition turned out badly because he got injured, despite only missing 6 games in the previous 2 seasons, he missed 15 games for us … Dolphins luck. Mike Pouncey got healthy for the Chargers after he left here … again, Dolphins luck I guess.

Hindsight is 20/20 … just seems like we should use the same criteria for every OL, and since you mentioned injury time missed as a criteria … seems fair to state what we knew about injuries before we offered him a contract … don't you agree? Seems unfair to judge James one way and Sitton another. After all, we moved on from our two highest drafted OL (Jake Long and Mike Pouncey) for this very issue, so obviously it is important.

Weight isn't really a point of debate … scales give us conclusive data, as does a body-fat measuring. By OL standards, Sitton was not fat. That's just a fact. If you're saying that all OL are fat … well so be it, but it's not real reason to harsh on Sitton, it's kinda like calling him an offensive lineman … it is just what is required.

Any way, you didn't like the former All-Pro, he got injured very early, and that free agent acquisition turned out badly because he got injured, despite only missing 6 games in the previous 2 seasons, he missed 15 games for us … Dolphins luck. Mike Pouncey got healthy for the Chargers after he left here … again, Dolphins luck I guess.

Ok Ok maybe I'm being a tad too critical on the Fatty who looked to be ill-prepared for the sweltering SFL heat

humidity with that belly flap hanging down like an stretched-out marsupial pouch!

James at least looked in shape (tho I was never a fan of his sans eyebrows) and yep

he was anything but durable and tuff -- which the fatty WAS at one time. I'll give you that.

However, I hope you're not advocating that rather sloppy look for our reconstructed OL?

I'm like all into the next Hog Hannah! Dude was a lean mean blocking machine!

Ok Ok maybe I'm being a tad too critical on the Fatty who looked to be ill-prepared for the sweltering SFL heat

humidity with that belly flap hanging down like an stretched-out marsupial pouch!

James at least looked in shape (tho I was never a fan of his sans eyebrows) and yep

he was anything but durable and tuff -- which the fatty WAS at one time. I'll give you that.

However, I hope you're not advocating that rather sloppy look for our reconstructed OL?

I'm like all into the next Hog Hannah! Dude was a lean mean blocking machine!
I don't care what they look like as long as they consistently open run lanes, protect the passer and stay healthy. Our run game has been hampered by poor OL since Jake Long left, and since a young QB's best friend is his running game, I'm looking to re-make this OL with power pigs that can move people as well as keep the pocket relatively clean. If we can do that, it will allow our new QB in 2020 to develop properly.

What did Sitton do for/on the Dolphins?

Back
Top Bottom