Josh Sitton | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Sitton

Jimi

The World Is Yours
Reaction score
It seems like most people have resigned themselves to the fact that we will be cutting Sitton. I was originally on board with that idea. But after seeing some of these massive contracts being doled out, in particular Saffold getting 44 mil, Im starting to have second thoughts.

Considering we clearly arent even going to be players in free agency this year (thankfully) do we really need to save 9 mil that badly? On the off chance that hes healthy we get an elite guard for a very reasonable salary. Even if we get 12 games out of him it would be well worth it. And again, worst case scenario were out 9 mil that we likely dont need anyway this year. Yes I know there is rollover, but theres also the possibility for a compensatory pick if he has a good year and gets another solid contract.

The potential to have him and Tunsil manning the left side can immensely help prevent another disaster of an Oline like weve seen so many times in the past. I know everyone wants to tank, and so do I in a sense, but theres a thin line between "focusing on setting up for the future at the expense of the present" and "becoming a dumpster fire." Its hard to build a foundation if your line is so bad that the offense cant even begin to function. Weve seen that story. We cant rebuild the entire Oline in a year. Now that James is gone we have 4 unkowns. Thats a dangerous position.

Anyone else agree or is the tank fever too heavy?

I think they might keep him after letting James go. They would eat 2 mil if they cut him.

I think they are keeping Kilgore, I would keep Swanson as well. He was not horrible.

I think they are keeping Kilgore, I would keep Swanson as well. He was not horrible.

Yah Kilgore cap hit is only 2.4 mil this year so they might keep him but its still a decent chunk if they dont think hes a fit. I agree though both would serve as solid depth if nothing else.

Might be worth keeping. It would allow the team to possibly develop a mid-round interior offensive lineman and focus more on the defensive line.

Sitton will play 6 games MAX before he gets hurts, so factor that I to your money figures.

I would try to trade him for a pick instead of cuttting him. 5th or so sounds about right.

I'm pretty sure they already made up their mind one way or another. They could keep him to have some leadership but if he gets hurt again that's 7mill that we can't roll over

He's been in the NFL for 11 years and has only missed more than 4 games in a season once.

I know his career history. We don't have Green Bay Sitton, he's missed time the last 3 years and he's 32. I was exaggerating but I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that there's a decent chance he misses some time this year. So again, factor that into your money, he did absolutely nothing for us last year.

He's been in the NFL for 11 years and has only missed more than 4 games in a season once.

True.

But this is 2019. And he isnt 25 yr old Sitton or 29 yr old Sitton. We are talking about a money hole at 32.

True.

But this is 2019. And he isnt 25 yr old Sitton or 29 yr old Sitton. We are talking about a money hole at 32.

His age is definitely a concern, and injuries happen more as a player ages, but before this past season, he had some injuries but nothing major that forced him to miss significant playing time or dropped off his play.

If it were me, I'd cut him but if he's cut Miami's going to be rolling out some corpses on the offensive line.

He is worth keeping, no one expects him to stay healthy, but if he does he is an upgrade to anyone else we can get to fill that spot. I would much rather replace Kilgore but sounds like we are stuck with him again this season.

Back
Top Bottom