JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 64 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

I think it's strange, but I can somewhat see why they replace the endzones after painted aqua for Miami Dolphin home games, but replacing the whole field is nuts.
That couldn't have been part of their Plan A. Also, I imagine they know what they are doing, but the sod isn't even down yet and Miami has a home game in 5 days.
The sod won't even have a chance to get rooted before it gets stomped on.

The article says the canopy is designed to withstand Category 4 winds, but what about everything inside? Is there a way to cover the hole? I can only imagine the vortex that would happen with Cat 4 winds swirling around in there. Could the screens survive that?

The positive with this sod is it doesn't have to be firmly rooted for it to be stable. It is a strong turf, but it just appears it isn't strong enough to handle the lack of direct sunlight.

New field is going in today. I think the "grow lights, and I expected, are not doing the job and I can't see how having to replace the field every couple of weeks is going to be cost effective. I would assume they will reevaluate the turf situation come the offseason but I don't see them ever going field turf.

100420160833_l_zpsaqij8gx9.jpg

Don't understand why grow lights won't work I've used them in my basement with great results.

You can see the turf they didn't replace is dying....this is going to be an ongoing issue.

PROPL_l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom