JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

If a category 4 or 5 hit Miami the stadium would look like all the roofs in Kendall after Andrew. Blue plastic where the canopy once was.

Why? Owners should pay for stadium new-builds or renovations. They have very little impact on the local economy and if you are a business owner you should be responsible for your investment.

The A+ goes to our local governments for not bending and breaking.
I guess for the simple fact of footing the bill. He could have left it as is, or kept fighting to have taxpayers bear the burden

I wonder why they don't put the boards in first. You figure it would be much easier without a canopy.

Maybe so when they start that project, they won't be interrupted by weather and they can get it done in an efficient amount of time? Honestly I'm just guessing.

When will it be complete? Hopefully they don't have to backload the schedule again b/c of delays.

I think it looks great now but renovations need to be made if they want the Super Bowl to return. I'm most impressed our owner is footing the bill.

haven't they made enough renovations to bring SB back? the stadium is basically brand new again. of course there will always be tweaks, they still have to install new video boards but that canopy looks hideous to me. It just reminds me of those ugly soccer stadiums.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Why? Owners should pay for stadium new-builds or renovations. They have very little impact on the local economy and if you are a business owner you should be responsible for your investment.

I agree but they probably would have bent over if the marlins hadn't screwed them.

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

I guess for the simple fact of footing the bill. He could have left it as is, or kept fighting to have taxpayers bear the burden

he's not paying for it to be a nice guy, he's doing so b/c it will make him much more money in the long run including bringing the SB back to Miami. Miami should have the SB every 4-5 years.

He could have threatened to relocate like some other teams are doing...

I believe the structure of the jumbotrons is tied into the canopy. The canopy is needed to help hold those into place.

By the start of training camp. There shouldn't be any delays in the NFL schedule, unless Ross requests them again.

Looking forward to the games in August. Going to make it much more pleasant.

It would certainly be Dolphins luck if they finish the canopy and then a hurricane rips it to shreds a week later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fluff_heaven_baby_carriers_logo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If a category 4 or 5 hit Miami the stadium would look like all the roofs in Kendall after Andrew. Blue plastic where the canopy once was.
With new construction those days are over. The building codes have changed since. Older buildings are still in danger but newer construction not so much. And older buildings can easily be upgraded.
As long as the columns are flexible and the wind can rush through I doubt the canopy will be shredded.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

You mean they don't use staples and duck tape any more ? Sweet.

Back
Top Bottom