JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

Looks like the stadium cam has been removed. I guess it was attached to the top of the jumbotron. So, for now, no sneak peaking inside the stadium. :oops:

Updates:

CYp1G3PVAAAJYJf.jpg

CYp1G3oUwAAAwvx.jpg

CYp1G2jU0AArCdl.jpg

It really does look great. But I already hate the roof.

I enjoy being out in the open elements and I love the blazing heat that deters many of the rival fans that infest So FL from the early games in the year.

Early games are brutal. It felt like death out there, the last one I went to. Definitely added some discomfort to the experience. I always enjoy November and December games.

Why? Owners should pay for stadium new-builds or renovations. They have very little impact on the local economy and if you are a business owner you should be responsible for your investment.

The A+ goes to our local governments for not bending and breaking.
I agree that the government gets high marks but Mr Ross is the guy who deserves most credit because it is coming directly from his pocket. To dismiss this as very little impact on the economy is probably wrong. $450 Million is not a tiny investment. Where do you think all of the concrete comes from? It's all local. Hundreds of jobs (maybe more) were created. Massive sections of the old concrete were removed and replaced with new. Unsure how they build the steel frames, but they are massive engineered pieces. Quarries increased production. Local Titan cement mill ramped up. All the employees at the site have families, they all spend money on goods and services. All of this helps to stimulate the economy.
Construction projects are renowned as being good for economic growth. 7 years ago when the US economy was in severe recession, specific emphasis was placed by TARP on infrastructure projects as a direct way to turn the economy around. Construction is good for economic growth.

I agree that the government gets high marks but Mr Ross is the guy who deserves most credit because it is coming directly from his pocket. To dismiss this as very little impact on the economy is probably wrong. $450 Million is not a tiny investment. Where do you think all of the concrete comes from? It's all local. Hundreds of jobs (maybe more) were created. Massive sections of the old concrete were removed and replaced with new. Unsure how they build the steel frames, but they are massive engineered pieces. Quarries increased production. Local Titan cement mill ramped up. All the employees at the site have families, they all spend money on goods and services. All of this helps to stimulate the economy.
Construction projects are renowned as being good for economic growth. 7 years ago when the US economy was in severe recession, specific emphasis was placed by TARP on infrastructure projects as a direct way to turn the economy around. Construction is good for economic growth.

Very well put. That stadium brings events to the area and is a HUGE impact on the local economy. There are businesses that are there specifically bc that stadium is there. What other business in south florida (or any football town) brings more business and influx of people to one single location as a direct result of their existence? I don't see a problem when teams look to the local gov for financial input. I don't think they should pay for it completely, but using local dollars to help shouldn't be a bad thing. The financials have shown that the taxes and other revenue that come back to the city are favorable.

I didn't say tiny investment. It is a good sized investment and something he should do.

The minimal local impact was meant as a counter argument to the 'sales pitch' to local governments that a new stadium or renovated stadium has a huge impact on our local economy and therefore should get government funding. It does not.
And in regards to construction: it may give some short term immediate local benefits but in our case it is very limited. Most of the companies working on the redo are out of town specialized companies. I.e. all the steal construction for the roof is bought and assembled outside south Florida. Since this is specialized construction I am assuming that a lot of the construction workers are coming from outside the area as well. Don't make Ross a Saint. It has some short term benefits.

Did you know that the food concessions is done by a company from Boston? Did you know that they are using volunteers?

No, but I have never been able to call it Sun Life. The naming rights expired in 2015 but the Dolphins haven't announced whether it is changing or not yet.

No, but I have never been able to call it Sun Life. The naming rights expired in 2015 but the Dolphins haven't announced whether it is changing or not yet.

Oh ok. Well once we get the official name you always have one of us change the title to match the new name. Totally leave the JRS in parenthesis though.

Very well put. That stadium brings events to the area and is a HUGE impact on the local economy. There are businesses that are there specifically bc that stadium is there. What other business in south florida (or any football town) brings more business and influx of people to one single location as a direct result of their existence? I don't see a problem when teams look to the local gov for financial input. I don't think they should pay for it completely, but using local dollars to help shouldn't be a bad thing. The financials have shown that the taxes and other revenue that come back to the city are favorable.

Like what specific business?

Give me a handful of business who are here and have a big local impact because of the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom