JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 63 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

I guess the new turf isn't resilient to removing paint. They have cut out the endzones, midfield and the Play60 areas and will be replacing them with new turf.

092620161253_l_zpskdnawz8x.jpg

do they change those spots for dolphin and Canes games?

Anyone at the game? How was the stadium?

I posted some of my experience in this thread.

http://www.finheaven.com/showthread...ose-that-were-at-the-home-opener-vs-Cleveland

It was freaking hot for sure. I was on visitors side 28 rows up and the sun was on us most of the game. Wasn't too much air circulation , caught a breeze here and there but it didn't seem very windy yesterday. When you walked through corridors to get to dining/ bathroom areas there was strong wind pull through there.

Stadium looks great inside and out as just about everyone has said. I didn't notice that big of difference w/ crowd noise as I've heard it louder there without roof but it was the Browns, so.... We didn't seem to disrupt Cleveland's offense. Getting into the stadium was easy, much appreciated as it has been a nightmare for a long time. Didn't notice too many differences in the dining areas from last year. I didn't purchase anything but beer ($10 ouch) but the lines seemed shorter overall. TV's are everywhere too, so if you are out there you won't miss any action. Seems like they added more. Speaking of TV's those jumbo trons are absolutely amazing.

Looking at the VIP section on the home side was disappointing. I think that was a big mistake to add that. It never seemed more than half full. That's supposed to be the heart of the crowd and it is a lonely heart. Less seats in that section than previously, means less people, less crowd noise. It should be entertaining to see who is sitting there for the Super Bowl though. If you are into that kind of thing.

Enjoyed tailgating with phins4ever and his family, Albert and his wife, Henrik and his crew and Nando and his wife. My son and nephew were dancing in the streets with Henrik after the game, what a blast I'll post some pictures later here or the stickied tailgate thread.

Yes.

Not sure how it will be handled when they play on the same weekend. Maybe logo at midfield for the Canes?

For the record, weekends the Canes and Phins play at home at the same time:

Oct 8, 9: vs FSU, vs Titans
Oct 15, 16: vs UNC, vs Steelers
Nov 5, 6: vs Pitt, vs Jets
Nov 26, 27: vs Duke, vs 49ers

do they change those spots for dolphin and Canes games?

They do with the center field logo. And the endzones will go back to the neutral "Miami" until the Canes season ends like always as well.

We got our answer...
@phfeiler
@TomGarfinkel w/ the new turf, is replacing the turf the only way to remove the paint off the field? Will this have to be done all season?
Embedded
Sep 26, 2016, 3:53 PM

@TomGarfinkel

@phfeiler yes
Sep 26, 2016, 5:45 PM

Process for those weekend...

@phfeiler
@TomGarfinkel with 4x UM and Phins playing in same weekend will there just not be a logo at midfield? Thanks! #FinsUp
Sep 26, 2016, 6:18 PM

@TomGarfinkel
@phfeiler no midfield gets changed out in middle of night between games. Harder for end zones
Sep 26, 2016, 6:59 PM

The aqua end zones are beautiful and it's a shame that we can't get them for every home game.

They should have installed field turf from the start. It would have been a lot easier to maintain.

New field is going in today. I think the "grow lights, and I expected, are not doing the job and I can't see how having to replace the field every couple of weeks is going to be cost effective. I would assume they will reevaluate the turf situation come the offseason but I don't see them ever going field turf.

100420160833_l_zpsaqij8gx9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom