JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

roy_miami

2020 cant get here soon enough
Reaction score

scodoublet

CT FinFan
Reaction score
I think it's strange, but I can somewhat see why they replace the endzones after painted aqua for Miami Dolphin home games, but replacing the whole field is nuts.
That couldn't have been part of their Plan A. Also, I imagine they know what they are doing, but the sod isn't even down yet and Miami has a home game in 5 days.
The sod won't even have a chance to get rooted before it gets stomped on.

SkapePhin

Rump Shaker
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
The article says the canopy is designed to withstand Category 4 winds, but what about everything inside? Is there a way to cover the hole? I can only imagine the vortex that would happen with Cat 4 winds swirling around in there. Could the screens survive that?

Heisenphin

formally known as CANEPHINS
Reaction score
The positive with this sod is it doesn't have to be firmly rooted for it to be stable. It is a strong turf, but it just appears it isn't strong enough to handle the lack of direct sunlight.

Vol&dolfan

Starter
Reaction score
New field is going in today. I think the "grow lights, and I expected, are not doing the job and I can't see how having to replace the field every couple of weeks is going to be cost effective. I would assume they will reevaluate the turf situation come the offseason but I don't see them ever going field turf.

Don't understand why grow lights won't work I've used them in my basement with great results.

dirwuf

Scout Team
Reaction score
You can see the turf they didn't replace is dying....this is going to be an ongoing issue.

PROPL_l.jpg

Top Bottom