JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 60 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

Between the hashmarks have been gutted. No games are being played there by the Canes until October so the field should be pristine come our home opener vs Cleveland on the 25th.

PROPL_l_zpsogwvhdnp.jpg

Yeah, I noticed it was a little rough looking with all the traffic on the eastern home side. Look at the field in the bottom left of those pictures. Otherwise, it looked pretty good for the whole game, even with the rain.

Here's what it looks like during a downpour. Dry and comfortable at 325 on the home side. Also, comfortable being the only FAU person in a navy shirt surrounded by Canes fans that smelled like Bud Light and fryer oil. You can't get away from that smell at the stadium lol. Didn't really see any jerks all day.

[video=youtube;KKqGtLOJghk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKqGtLOJghk[/video]

As soon as it started downpouring, the endzone lights cut out. I hope nothing shorted out!. I think they cut them as a precaution because there was some pretty significant leakage going on in the corners. I took a video of where the rain shelter ended:

[video=youtube;nE-GYygKqhI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE-GYygKqhI[/video]

Without the ETFE panels in place, about half of the lower sections get exposed to rain. And the lower corners get soaked from whatever that leakage or drainage was. It looked like enough water to hurt if it fell on you. Hopefully that's gone when they put the final skin on the canopy. The home side is completely finished with the skin and the ETFE panels and everything and it was perfect. We didn't even get a drop-- the wind didn't blow anything.

The northeast corner of the stadium-- the left-most section of visitor's sideline-- was the only thing getting direct sun during kickoff until sundown. Right where all the poor FAU students were. It was brutal, too.

There is no breeze at all in this stadium. People were commenting that they should put giant fans in the gaps next to the jumbotrons. The seats are also kind of tight and aren't any more comfortable than they used to be. I did not enjoy touching shoulders and lovehandles with the gentleman next to me. Even with the shade my navy blue shirt got all salty and it was still hot as hell. If you're going to go to the games, you still gotta hydrate.

As far as noise goes, it gets REALLY loud when the crowd yells. As I mentioned earlier, the crowd was kind of sedate tonight. Not real crazy, even when FAU's mighty owly defense bent Kaaya out of shape. It's going to be crazy in there when they play the Noles or Gators. The PA system was all over the place tonight. Sometimes it was hearing-damage loud and they quickly had to dial down the volume. Thanks to the roof you can really hear when someone yells something stupid from the rafters. "Stop throwing an interception, Kaaya!" Stuff like that.

I liked it when the PA wasn't super loud. I think they did a good job. Lots of miami bass and rick ross/trick daddy style rap music was played, and it was comfortably boomy but not shrill, distorted, and crushed in on itself like it has been in the past.

Also, the frozen drink looked delicious but they were freaking $16. They would probably sell a TON of those margarita/strawberry/canes slushies if they dropped the price. Doesn't even need to have alcohol.

I cant wait for it to rain during our home opener. Rain baby. I want rain. :lol:

Will they hang banners for the super bowel wins, conference and division titles?

I can't wait for my next strip to the States and watch the Dolphins in this beautiful stadium. The Fins are 0-3 when I'm present so I might wait a little longer...

:foundout::foundout::foundout:
I can't wait for my next strip to the States and watch the Dolphins in this beautiful stadium. The Fins are 0-3 when I'm present so I might wait a little longer...

I'm 0-6 live... going to the Browns game. :foundout:

Jones Sign works on Vikings, Dolphins stadiums

The De Pere-based company won a $250,000 contract to fabricate and install all of the concession signs in U.S. Bank Stadium, one of two NFL stadiums the company worked on this year, architectural sales consultant Patrick Basche said.

“It was a good job. It wasn’t all the signage there, but the concession signage still was quite a bit throughout the stadium,” Basche said.

The other project is at Hard Rock Stadium, the newly renamed home of the Miami Dolphins. That work is ongoing, Jones Executive Vice President Todd Patrickus said. The company is installing two 32-by-52-foot signs inside the stadium and four 36-by-56-foot signs on the exterior. Patrickus also said the company is bidding on additional projects at the stadium.

Patrickus said the Hard Rock Stadium signs require an 800-ton crane to lift the signs from outside the stadium, over the roof and into position on the interior so as to avoid damaging the field. The job caught the attention of a local television station.

“It’s really pretty cool, and we all take a huge amount of pride in our work,” Patrickus said. “Our guys were excited to do this. It’s pretty neat also because we didn’t start (the Miami) job until mid-August.”

Patrickus said a mid-August start gave the company very little time to complete the job before the Dolphins’ home opener on Sept. 25. But he said employees handled the stress and came together to get the job done. Another Green Bay company, Schneider National, ensured the signs made it to Miami on time.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/money/2016/09/15/jones-sign-nfl/90358436/

Looks like the turf is having some issues. This new grass is supposed to be so resilient but it looks like it is having a tough time with all the shadows. Yesterday they brought out the artificial lights so we will see if this helps.

091920161733_l_zpsx0jmhgg3.jpg

Looks like the turf is having some issues. This new grass is supposed to be so resilient but it looks like it is having a tough time with all the shadows. Yesterday they brought out the artificial lights so we will see if this helps.

091920161733_l_zpsx0jmhgg3.jpg

They would have been better off installing field turf. Btw, where can I find that stadium webcam? The other one doesn't update anymore.

Back
Top Bottom