JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 62 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

More "Bah, humbug" from our resident gloom-merchant.

Having taken the time to visit the website showing the various Works, it looks amazing. So many stadia, (none more so than the Aviva Stadium In Dublin, Ireland) are built with all the focus on the skin and the field area, with no thought or Budget on the common spaces, which are generally drab concrete hangars.
Nice to see the owner has different ideas about the fan experience and is supporting artists. Fair play to him.

:lol: oki hipster.

Don't think I have ever set foot in Dublin never mind that stadium, but it sure looks better than most of that graffiti in the article.

Don't think I have ever set foot in Dublin never mind that stadium.

Why doesn't that shock me.... anyway, to each their own. The less drab you can make a stadium for the people inside, the better. And grafitti, really? What would be more suitable for a stadium, "The Girl with the Pearl Earring" and a few Turner seascapes?!

idk.....

Those murals look like hot garbage. No need to deface the stadium with terrible post modern art. Actually, well, that came out kind of harsh. I think it looks dreadful, and I'll leave it at that.

As for the food, which apparently journalists got to sample today, I'll say that if they can come close to what the (Florida) Panthers offer in the club seating section, they're on the right track. That's a legitimately good sporting venue food experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't think I have ever set foot in Dublin never mind that stadium, but it sure looks better than most of that graffiti in the article.

Don't worry, they won't eat you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those murals look like hot garbage. No need to deface the stadium with terrible post modern art. Actually, well, that came out kind of harsh. I think it looks dreadful, and I'll leave it at that.

As for the food, which apparently journalists got to sample today, I'll say that if they can come close to what the (Florida) Panthers offer in the club seating section, they're on the right track. That's a legitimately good sporting venue food experience.

I'll have to wait and see them and where they are. It's got to look better than those dreadful gray concrete walls.

I believe there are still quite a few of those "fugly" speakers hanging down, but at least the logo covers the speakers in the center! :)

Speaker.JPG

The Shula one is pretty cool. All the art is here: https://spark.adobe.com/page/4EfX6EYUTXLUb/?sf36531791=1

4a22b93b-e94f-4fde-bc95-56a950014d78.jpg

Cs7GIFBXEAANuj0.jpg:large

Like that there is chips from the chisel still on the ground.

I like this one as well....

013496d7-9d67-470b-88da-f6ba7a01ede5.jpg

Field for home opener....

Still needs the final coats of paint, which will go on tomorrow, but we have aqua endzones for the first real game at The Rock.

sundayfield_zpsi9el2hqk.jpg

One-Eyed Willy loves the Miami Hurricanes. He hates waiting in line for pizza.

So when Jason Lasseter — a 41-year-old pilot from Boynton Beach who uses the Twitter pen name One-Eyed Willy — had to trudge halfway around Hard Rock Stadium for a pie during UM’s season opener only to discover a 20-minute wait, he was steamed.

“Will there be more concession stands open this Sat?” Lasseter vented on Twitter. “Last week was a nightmare!”

The people who run the stadium heard him. And responded. Through a new Twitter account, @HRSGuestExp, a customer service agent assured Lasseter that more stands would be open for the next Hurricanes game. They were, and Lasseter left more than satisfied.

Why is this story relevant as the Miami Dolphins’ 51st home season opens Sunday against Cleveland Browns?

A shade canopy, four massive video boards and improved seating — all made possible by a half billion dollar renovation project funded overwhelmingly with private money — might get fans in the door, but only a pleasant experience will keep them coming back.

That’s why the Dolphins’ in-house mantra is: “We’re positive memory-makers.”

Winning helps, of course. The football team has made far too few positive memories in the past decade; it’s up to first-year coach Adam Gase to fix that.

But everything that happens off the field is the responsibility of team CEO Tom Garfinkel, who acknowledged the organization had not done enough to address their customers’ needs.

“I think it was something where we had a false sense of accomplishment about that was really a weakness,” Garfinkel said of stadium customer service.

No longer. There are now two fan experience help desks on every level of the stadium. The team has hired 200 new ushers, trained by a representative from Ritz-Carlton, to serve the fans.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article103675752.html#storylink=rss

I'm going to my first ever Fins game in Miami on Nov. 6 against the Jets...needless to say I'm extremely pumped.

Can anyone tell me what sections of Hard Rock Stadium give me the best bang for the buck (in other words, what sections should I try to buy my tickets without spending a ton of cash)? Also, being that I haven't attended a live NFL game in probably 15 years, can anyone recommend how I should buy my tickets? My buddy who's a huge Steelers fan told me to wait until a few days before the game and buy off Stub Hub as people will be desperate to sell their tix. It sounds logical, but I'm a little nervous about waiting that long since I already paid for my hotel and plane tickets. Is that sound advice or do you guys have any other suggestions?

I guess the new turf isn't resilient to removing paint. They have cut out the endzones, midfield and the Play60 areas and will be replacing them with new turf.

092620161253_l_zpskdnawz8x.jpg

Wow!
I clicked on this thread hoping for an "after" pic since the first Miami home game and there it is.
Replacing the turf after each game seems like a lot of work....and money.

Back
Top Bottom