JT =best DE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JT =best DE

CChambers7284

The Biggest Fins Fan from CT
Reaction score
People always just look at Sacks for DEs but when looking at the whole Picture you have to think that taylor is the best.

For one last year he did get 9.5 sacks, he was injured as well.

He used to be one dimmensional as only a pass rusher but in 2003 and 2004 he has been one of the top run stopping DE because of his incredible speed.

Last year david Bowens got 7 sacks, Zgonina got 5.5 and roemro got 3.5.
All three have never recorded more than 3 sacks in a season unti lthey played w/ taylor. Taylor is usually double or triple blocked and has a huge impact on other linemen. i bet Kevin carter who had 17.5 sacks one season will lead the AFC in sacks because of what my friend who is a huge Jets fan calls the "taylor factor".
Mike Rucker on the other side of peppers last year had 3.5

In the pro bowl when he ran down Mike Vick, It was settled that he is the fastest DE.

Taylor is a team leader and is a good guy as well.

CChambers7284 said:
People always just look at Sacks for DEs but when looking at the whole Picture you have to think that taylor is the best.

For one last year he did get 9.5 sacks, he was injured as well.

He used to be one dimmensional as only a pass rusher but in 2003 and 2004 he has been one of the top run stopping DE because of his incredible speed.

Last year david Bowens got 7 sacks, Zgonina got 5.5 and roemro got 3.5.
All three have never recorded more than 3 sacks in a season unti lthey played w/ taylor. Taylor is usually double or triple blocked and has a huge impact on other linemen. i bet Kevin carter who had 17.5 sacks one season will lead the AFC in sacks because of what my friend who is a huge Jets fan calls the "taylor factor".
Mike Rucker on the other side of peppers last year had 3.5

In the pro bowl when he ran down Mike Vick, It was settled that he is the fastest DE.

Taylor is a team leader and is a good guy as well.

I would take Peppers over Taylor, eventhough both are great players.

IMO JT and Peppers are the best. Too close to call as to who is better. Freeney is the best pass rusher, but he isn't as good against the run.

freeney is the best DE in football hes the quickest and fastest and racks up tons of sacks.

phinsfan1989 said:
freeney is the best DE in football hes the quickest and fastest and racks up tons of sacks.

Sacks arent everything dude. If they were Ogunleye would have been on of the "best" DE's that year he went to the prowbowl, which he obviously wasnt.

Yeah its funny

Ogun leads the league in sacks w/ Taylor and w/o Taylor is mediocre and looked lost all last season.

I'd take Peppers over JT. But JT over Freeney. Freeney isn't the best DE in the league.

I disagree with Freeney all the way. The man was utterly useless in the playoffs. Peppers, i'll give ya. Hes a freak. Just plain and simple.

phinsfan1989 said:

Sacks are the most overrated statistic in porfessional sports.

Dwight Freeney is not the best defensive end in football. The guy has yet to play the run....if the running back happens to come into his direction when he is rushing the passer he'll try to grab him. Freeney is a great pass rusher...not a great defensive end. I think Freeney is one of the most overrated "great" players in the league. He is a damn good player, don't get me wrong, but people talk about him like he's the 2nd coming.

Julius Peppers is a great defensive end. That being said look at the talent around him on the Panther defensive line. Mike Rucker is a very good defensive end and demands attention, especially in the run game, Brentson Buckner isd a big body who has to be taken care of in the run game and Kris Jenkins is the best defensive tackle in the NFL. The Panthers have other guys who demand double teams. Peppers has it easy in my opinion.

Jason Taylor is the best end in football in my opinion. He plays the run (very well in my opinion) and gets to the passer. He also has less talent around him then even Freeney does. He gets doubled or chipped on every down. I think we'll see the best from J.T. this year. Teams won't be able to only concentrate on him because of our new scheme and the new players.

Jason Taylor is the best DE in football, too bad for some reason you can't do anything with him in Madden.

usf dolfan23 said:
Sacks arent everything dude. If they were Ogunleye would have been on of the "best" DE's that year he went to the prowbowl, which he obviously wasnt.
Actually, a lot of people felt Ogunleye played the run very well and Jim Bates went as far as to say "We miss Adewale..." last season because they were killing us with the run.

Raekwon The Che said:
Jason Taylor is the best DE in football, too bad for some reason you can't do anything with him in Madden.

:lol: In 4-3 defense, I stand him up and spread the linebackers out and slide the d-line in so JT's a LB. They need more options for players and their positions. In 2k5 they have Troy Brown as a CB and you can't use him for a WR.

IDK, I just like Peppers a lot, it may be because of his UNC connections. But I'd rate Taylor at #2 easily.

popularwar said:
Actually, a lot of people felt Ogunleye played the run very well and Jim Bates went as far as to say "We miss Adewale..." last season because they were killing us with the run.

I agree that he is a pretty good player, and was a good compliment to Jason Taylor, but I dont think he was even close to a pro bowl caliber player. Id take him over any of the DE's we ran opposite of JT last year in a heart beat.

Age aside id still take M. Strahan first then J.Taylor. There is no way in hell that Freeney is even CLOSE to either of them! J. Peppers has more potential than both of them but still needs a couple more years to be an elite performer. Freeney as of now is a speed rusher pure and simple and is far from being elite. As someone said...sacks are way overated!

Back
Top Bottom