JT Potential HOF? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JT Potential HOF?

Namor

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Opinions on how many years at what level of play(EX.number of sacks a
year for what number of years) does JT need to be considered for HOF.
Or do you even think he has a chance?

I think that JT will have a chance at HOF, but it might take him along time to get in.

Probably not but maybe he has a chance if he can keep his average number of sacks, which is 10 per year, for the next five years. Remember defensive linemens careers are useally pretty long so if he can keep his average up for 5 years then he will have a total of about 130 sacks in his career. The after the five years he will probably have to change his style and build more muscle instead of being a speed rusher

Possible, but needs 3 or so more JT type years. Also wouldn't hurt to have a big postseason performance or two. A great example is Ty Law, who really in reg season play hasn't done much to distance himself from the other elite CBs. But his postseason superlatives will put him in the HOF. If we get to a AFC title game or a game of similar magnitude and JT dominates the game it would greatly enhance his chances. Since the year 2000 he's probably been one of the 15-20 best players in football, so I definetly think he deserves consideration.

I am gonna go the other way and say yes, he has a shot. I also think that there is no doubt that Thomas will be in once his career is over.

yes he and zach both have good shots, but they will not make it their first couple of years of eligibility

Back
Top Bottom