Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Judging Feeley and our offensive for last years performance is absurd…at this point

svnrdr

Practice Squad
Reaction score
IMO...there was not a single person or aspect on offense that had respectable year.

It all started from the top with poor coaching, then offensive line that could not run block so our RBs never had a chance. They could not pass block so or QBs could not execute the offense effectively, which in turn never allowed our receivers to run their routes and make plays. Look, when your TE is the leading receiver on the team, typically that means short routes are the most effective because they have to be. If we get our O-line to do their jobs, and I expect we will, we will be in better shape to judge AJ. I keep reading how immobile AJ is…even in the 4th qtr of the Seattle game last year where he could barely walk, he was more mobile than the greatest QB, (IMHO) Dan Marino. Our Qbs were sacked 52 times last yearâ€â€that is an average of 3.25 per game.

THIS year, will be the year we can really start to evaluate our offense & QBs, and that will also start from the top with the hiring of Scott Linehan (top-tiered offensive coordinator), and Hudson Houck best O-line coach in the NFL. Good coaching and offensive line play is what will make a difference this year, and will allow us to better evaluate our QB play in general.

svnrdr said:
IMO...there was not a single person or aspect on offense that had respectable year.

It all started from the top with poor coaching, then offensive line that could not run block so our RBs never had a chance. They could not pass block so or QBs could not execute the offense effectively, which in turn never allowed our receivers to run their routes and make plays. Look, when your TE is the leading receiver on the team, typically that means short routes are the most effective because they have to be. If we get our O-line to do their jobs, and I expect we will, we will be in better shape to judge AJ. I keep reading how immobile AJ is…even in the 4th qtr of the Seattle game last year where he could barely walk, he was more mobile than the greatest QB, (IMHO) Dan Marino. Our Qbs were sacked 52 times last yearâ€â€that is an average of 3.25 per game.

THIS year, will be the year we can really start to evaluate our offense & QBs, and that will also start from the top with the hiring of Scott Linehan (top-tiered offensive coordinator), and Hudson Houck best O-line coach in the NFL. Good coaching and offensive line play is what will make a difference this year, and will allow us to better evaluate our QB play in general.

I'm all tear's because AJ stunk and is getting picked on, I can hear the violin! He needs to step up, he proved nothing and it would not surprise me to see Gus start!

subra-1.jpg

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The guy makes a good point and is right but, instead of acknowledging that he could be right, your hatred for Feeley comes shining through.
Seems like you're a fan of your own opinion more than a fan of hoping Feeley is more than he showed last year.

PS

Marino was not mobile, but shifty and had great footwork, he felt the rush and stepped up in the pocket and still found his man! AJ would panic and throw it to the Pat Wiliams of the world!

Please don't bring up Marino and Feeley and try and compare!

I gotta say that there was too much instability on the sidelines to form an accurate opinion on this offense and that includes AJ Feeley. AJ wasn't that bad in Philly now was he.

inFINSible said:
The guy makes a good point and is right but, instead of acknowledging that he could be right, your hatred for Feeley comes shining through.
Seems like you're a fan of your own opinion more than a fan of hoping Feeley is more than he showed last year.

No not really, I hope he makes it! But what gets me sick is all the people sticking up for Feeley now, and using the same excuses as others used for Jay, but then it was not okay!

The guy point blank stunck last year overall. It's all in his hands now! Enough with the excuses, he needs to step up and play well, and I have my doubts.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'm all tear's because AJ stunk and is getting picked on, I can hear the violin! He needs to step up, he proved nothing and it would not surprise me to see Gus start!

subra-1.jpg

I don’t disagree with you on bit as it relates to who may or may not be the better QB and / or who may start. However, at the same time so many people rip him without seeing the big picture. Arguably EVERYONE on offense with the exception on McMike and Chambers had a respectable year….last year.

BTW…if that’s you on your sig pic…better clean out your bottom bracket!

What will be your excuse when Feeley cant get the job done with much better coaching, an improved OL and a stud RB?:rolleyes:

The Eagles raped us!

End of story...

NJFINSFAN1 said:
PS

Marino was not mobile, but shifty and had great footwork, he felt the rush and stepped up in the pocket and still found his man! AJ would panic and throw it to the Pat Wiliams of the world!

Feeley has almost as quick of a release as Dan did. In other words, it's way above average. They compare quite favorably in that aspect of their game.

inFINSible said:
Feeley has almost as quick of a release as Dan did. In other words, it's way above average. They compare quite favorably in that aspect of their game.

Yeah, but Marino threw it to our team!! :wink:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
PS

:roflmao: Marino had the quickest release in the NFL...THAT was the extent of his footwork in evading a rush.

inFINSible said:

His problems stemmed from his decision making mostly. There was so much INDECISION on the sidelines that you can't really expect the QB(or the team) to perfrom well.

svnrdr said:

It all started from the top with poor coaching, then offensive line that could not run block so our RBs never had a chance. They could not pass block so or QBs could not execute the offense effectively, which in turn never allowed our receivers to run their routes and make plays. Look, when your TE is the leading receiver on the team, typically that means short routes are the most effective because they have to be. If we get our O-line to do their jobs, and I expect we will, we will be in better shape to judge AJ. I keep reading how immobile AJ is…even in the 4th qtr of the Seattle game last year where he could barely walk, he was more mobile than the greatest QB, (IMHO) Dan Marino. Our Qbs were sacked 52 times last year—that is an average of 3.25 per game.

THIS year, will be the year we can really start to evaluate our offense & QBs, and that will also start from the top with the hiring of Scott Linehan (top-tiered offensive coordinator), and Hudson Houck— best O-line coach in the NFL. Good coaching and offensive line play is what will make a difference this year, and will allow us to better evaluate our QB play in general.

Obviously that will happen , we have seen this same diatribe over and over.

AJ will have to step up and show consistency or he will quickly go the way of Jay Fiedler under Saban.......he will not waste five years on him like Wannstedt did Fiedler.

My biggest questions regarding AJ is whether he makes good decisions or not?, can he read defenses? Does he go thru his progressions?

I saw way to much of him locking on to receivers last year and throwing into coverage. There also was the issue of how difficult it was for him to learn the playbook......there have been rumors of players privately saying he is not the sharpest knive in the knive drawer.

Now I realize many will come back with a fifty excuses as to why he played the way he did last year.....so don't waste your time, I've heard them all. He's going to get a chance to win the starters job and we'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom