Julian Edelman vs Jarvis Landry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Julian Edelman vs Jarvis Landry

I'd like to put it this way...Landry is very comparable to Edelman now, but Belichek and Brady would make Landry a much better player.

**** Edelman!

Sorry... just cringe every time I hear his name... same happens when someone say Tom Brady's name - Cant exactly bring myself to like or think about anyone one on that ****ty team...

Edelman would struggle to make most teams. Landry would be most targeted wr on most teams. There really is no comparison. Take nothing away from Edelman though. He's definitely doing his part and then some.

Let's say Miami drafts Ryan Switzer late to challenge/replace Jakeem Grant as a returner/depth slot receiver. If he were forced to play due to an injury to Landry do you think there would be that much of a drop off? I think Landry is better than the Edelman's or Switzer's of the world, but would the difference in cost be justified through production and intangibles? Where Landry might average 6 or 7 receptions per game, I could see Switzer with five and a similar yards per catch and td's if used in a similar manner. Landry is tough and feisty, which most fans love about him. That attitude isn't easily duplicated and might be a bigger loss than his production. So how do you put a dollar value on his intangibles? I say you pay Landry, but understand it might be the best financial decision you make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom