Julian Edelman vs Jarvis Landry | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Julian Edelman vs Jarvis Landry

SimplyWess

Active Roster
Reaction score
So in the past two days I've had discussion with some friends regarding who's the better receiver. To my surprise both guys have gone with Edelman! Please tell me I'm not blind here, but to me Edelman is a product of the system for the most part. While Landry may not be WAY better than Edelman, I'd take him over Edelman EVERY time. Am I wrong in my analysis?

Whomever is with the Pats will always succeed. Landry on the Pats and Julian with us would be a wash. They are used differently.

it's a close comparison in my opinion.....but i'd imagine edelman gets a lot of extra benefit from being part of so much team success

if landry were on the patriots and had just won a superbowl, i think your friends would be edging towards him

in a vaccum, between the two...i'd go with landry every time because of his intangibles and his willingness to work his ass off for a single yard every play

I cannot understand why db's do not jam Edleman at the line every play

Laundry on the Pats would lead the league in every major cat.....if we could consistently get him the ball, the way Brady does Edlemen.....he would break records! He is a way better receiver in MHO.

I'd have to go with Landry
Edelman has missed 25 games in 8 years
while Landry hasn't missed a game in 3 seasons

Getting your azz on the field is huge and Landry is heads and tails
better than Edelman

Brady made Edelman. Landry is better

Landry on the Patriots would be a nightmare. If belicheck could have his pick of any wideout in the league Landry would be one of his top choices. He would be fed the rock well and be and even more of a yac machine than he already is.

Landry has better hands and is more physical, Edelman is quicker and hard to defend in that way. I think Landry is the better player, but I'm not sure if I'm looking at it with aqua colored glasses.

The question should be are you willing to pay twice as much for Landry as you would be for Edelman or a similar player.

The question should be are you willing to pay twice as much for Landry as you would be for Edelman or a similar player.

You can't discount Landry's presence in the locker room as well as on the field. Sure he might get a few flags tossed, but the team goes as he goes. Edelman or a similar receiver wouldn't give you that.

Landry has better hands and is more physical, Edelman is quicker and hard to defend in that way. I think Landry is the better player, but I'm not sure if I'm looking at it with aqua colored glasses.

Great summary. Edelman's quickness causes matchup nightmares. When Jeremy Lane got hurt during the 2014 season Super Bowl, the Seahawk replacement Simon was simply no match for the Patriot receivers Amendola and especially Edelman. The winning touchdown pass was a sad joke as Edelman abused Simon with a quick plant and burst.

New England prioritizes quickness. Brady can no longer throw deep nearly as effectively as earlier in his career but it's seldom obvious or mentioned because the Patriots flood the short and middle regions with smart quick guys. Brady hits them in perfect stride allowing yards after catch. Then obviously Gronkowski is a matchup nightmare when he's out there.

Landry would be very effective with New England on ability and toughness alone but he's not nearly as quick as the guys they prioritize. Even running backs like Lewis and White fit the quickness mode, stealing cheap yards and sometimes cheap points. Those pivot and turn plays helped keep New England alive in the Super Bowl, including a 4th down play. Deion Jones is a very fast linebacker for the Falcons but he can't change direction in tight territory, somewhat akin to Shazier instead of Reddick.

Edelman raises his intensity level and explosion when the need arises. Why not jam him at the line of scrimmage? Watch that clip from SoundFX from the Super Bowl. Edelman is still joking with the Falcons defensive back about the improbable finger tip catch on the previous play when suddenly the ball is snapped and he flashes smack past that Atlanta cornerback. It was an attempted jam but no chance.

Edelman is underrated around here. Everybody wants to believe New England wins these games with mediocre players and ultra genius coaching. Adjusters at play.

I hate scheme fit notion in general because very, very few teams can make it work. As always, New England is the ultimate exception and should never be used as reference point or copy. Wasting your time.

Edelman raises his intensity level and explosion when the need arises. Why not jam him at the line of scrimmage? Watch that clip from SoundFX from the Super Bowl. Edelman is still joking with the Falcons defensive back about the improbable finger tip catch on the previous play when suddenly the ball is snapped and he flashes smack past that Atlanta cornerback. It was an attempted jam but no chance.

Edelman is underrated around here. Everybody wants to believe New England wins these games with mediocre players and ultra genius coaching. Adjusters at play.

I hate scheme fit notion in general because very, very few teams can make it work. As always, New England is the ultimate exception and should never be used as reference point or copy. Wasting your time.

Huh?

You also have your sequence of events all ****ed up. Either that or they have been recreated to fit this agenda. Edelman was pressed and covered along the sideline in the play following that incredible catch.

Back
Top Bottom