julie'n davenport placed on ir | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

julie'n davenport placed on ir

Oh well, he wasnt supposed to be any good anyway

I don’t understand IR anymore. It used to mean a player was automatically done for the season. Now there’s like designated to return IR and reports never specify which IR they were put on.
I don’t think there are different IRs, it’s all the same list. Since 2017, teams can bring 2 players back but only after 8 weeks and they had to be on the 53 at the start of the season

How can they do this? I thought they already had Van Ginkel on the designated return and were placing Ledbetter on it, as well. Don't you only get two?

How can they do this? I thought they already had Van Ginkel on the designated return and were placing Ledbetter on it, as well. Don't you only get two?
“...The new rule modifies a 2012 reform that allowed teams to activate a single player from the IR once he’d spent at least eight weeks on the inactive list. Originally, these players had to be labeled as “designated to return” candidates at the time they were placed on IR — and the tag could only be used once. In 2016, a rule modification allowed teams to save that tag until a player was ready to take the field once more...”

“...The new rule modifies a 2012 reform that allowed teams to activate a single player from the IR once he’d spent at least eight weeks on the inactive list. Originally, these players had to be labeled as “designated to return” candidates at the time they were placed on IR — and the tag could only be used once. In 2016, a rule modification allowed teams to save that tag until a player was ready to take the field once more...”
That's what I'm saying: they should only have two -- and they have supposedly used both allocations on Van Ginkel and Ledbetter, unless they changed their minds about Ledbetter.

That's what I'm saying: they should only have two -- and they have supposedly used both allocations on Van Ginkel and Ledbetter, unless they changed their minds about Ledbetter.
They don’t have to decide now, any one of the three can do it but only 2 are actually reinstated. It depends on the players and their bodies

Back
Top Bottom