June 1st Cuts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

June 1st Cuts

Gannon has no chance in this system at his age.

ckparrothead said:
Yeah but what about the rest of the league? Remember we got tons of cash now that Surtain is gone. Not saying we HAVE to use it all, but we did sign a lot of guys to basically one year contracts and two year contracts that function as one year contracts, stuff like that.

I know we'll use some money on rookies (probably about $3 million or maaaybe $4) and some on McMichael (depends on how it is structured)...but I wouldn't think that would all take up the whole whopping $9 million we have.

I read a report here ( I think from the Sun-sentinel) that said that Saban was planning to let Mcmichael play out the last year of his contract at his current pay. If true that would free up money for some FA or other team's June 1st cuts. Maybe Saban has his eye on someone.

ckparrothead said:
Yeah but what about the rest of the league? Remember we got tons of cash now that Surtain is gone. Not saying we HAVE to use it all, but we did sign a lot of guys to basically one year contracts and two year contracts that function as one year contracts, stuff like that.

I know we'll use some money on rookies (probably about $3 million or maaaybe $4) and some on McMichael (depends on how it is structured)...but I wouldn't think that would all take up the whole whopping $9 million we have.

if we were smart, sign all the other picks besides Ronnie, then spend the rest on Ronnie, front loading the hell out of his contract with his signing bonus (gauranteed money), so in time, he is easy to cut or trade, and not take the cap hit. all he would have left in three or four years is his salary, which is not gauranteed. If we give him 12 million in signing bonus, put 6 million of his singing bonus into it this season. Cut that hit in half right now.

Edinger suffers from the same problems Mare has the last few years. Lost confidence and inconsistency.

I agree that if there are not any FAs we like out there after June 1st, we should use the extra space to turn signing bonus into roster bonus, which would ease a player like Brown's contract for years to come.

rafael said:
I read a report here ( I think from the Sun-sentinel) that said that Saban was planning to let Mcmichael play out the last year of his contract at his current pay. If true that would free up money for some FA or other team's June 1st cuts. Maybe Saban has his eye on someone.

Its quite plausible.

Jaj said:
I could see Howard cut though. There's really little point to him. Either he or Edwards should be cut.
Yeah that

For some reason there is always one person on the squad I really don't like for some reason. J.Wilson...T. Cousin....A.Freeman...(why are they always DBs lately lol ). When one leaves another always steps in. Right now, and I felt it last season too, it's Howard. I think he got an assinine contract to begin with, then he followed it up with a lackluster season with the excuse "he was playing out of position". YOU SIGNED AN $18mil DEAL!! Don't gimme that crap!.

If they boot Howard, for once there would be NO ONE on the squad I disliked!

The only reason I dont think Howard will be cut is becuase Saban loves the CB position, and we dont have alot of depth there. But the guy is being way overpaid. The guy either needs to take a paycut, or lets trade him now and stockpile picks for next years draft.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Only players it makes sense to wait till june 1st to cut would be
T. Bowens
L. Chester
J. Taylor
Z. Thomas
S. Madison
Howard
O. Mare .

I hope your post is a joke. You should read more often mostly the Sun-Sentinel, the Miami Herald, and the Palm Beach Post. Saban has said that all his offseason acquisitions and defensive schemes will be based around Zach Thomas and Jayson Taylor.

BenchFiedler said:
I hope your post is a joke. You should read more often mostly the Sun-Sentinel, the Miami Herald, and the Palm Beach Post. Saban has said that all his offseason acquisitions and defensive schemes will be based around Zach Thomas and Jayson Taylor.

no, my post was about june 1st cuts. Those are the only players there would be a reason to wait till june 1st to cut. Never said they are going to.

Back
Top Bottom