Only players it makes sense to wait till june 1st to cut would be

T. Bowens
L. Chester
J. Taylor
Z. Thomas
S. Madison
Howard
O. Mare

The only one I see that could happen would be Howard if the rumors are true that he has been asked to take a pay cut and refused too.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:

T. Bowens
L. Chester
J. Taylor
Z. Thomas
S. Madison
Howard
O. Mare

I think I would start a "FIRE NICK SABAN.Com" if we just CUT out the clear blue Jason Taylor or Zach Thomas.

Olindo? We don't have anyone to cover for him. As much as i love Welker he is no Mare. And don't give me the kickers are asy to find crap. Mare is/was a stud and will be hard to replace even in his less the perfect days (last 3 seasons)

Bowens just reworked his deal for a vet. minimum, he's not gonna get cut. Chester with only Carter and Bowens, who we don't know can still play after the injury, won't be cut. Madison won't be cut cause not enough depth. Saban has said he is building the defense around JT. I really don't think he will cut Zach Thomas. And Olindo Mare won't be cut with nobody to fill in for him.

June 1st cuts are big salary cuts that you wait till june 1st to minimalize the cap hit by spreading it out over the two years.

I could see Howard cut though. There's really little point to him. Either he or Edwards should be cut.

awing_pilot said:
Olindo? We don't have anyone to cover for him. As much as i love Welker he is no Mare. And don't give me the kickers are asy to find crap. Mare is/was a stud and will be hard to replace even in his less the perfect days (last 3 seasons)

Love the avatar!

Yeah but what about the rest of the league? Remember we got tons of cash now that Surtain is gone. Not saying we HAVE to use it all, but we did sign a lot of guys to basically one year contracts and two year contracts that function as one year contracts, stuff like that.

I know we'll use some money on rookies (probably about $3 million or maaaybe $4) and some on McMichael (depends on how it is structured)...but I wouldn't think that would all take up the whole whopping $9 million we have.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:

T. Bowens
L. Chester
J. Taylor
Z. Thomas
S. Madison
Howard
O. Mare

The only one I see that could happen would be Howard if the rumors are true that he has been asked to take a pay cut and refused too.

The first 5 no and Saban's stated this and hopegully he's a man of integrity. The last two probably will be cut.

I don't think Mare gets cut. If he does, there's nobody out there to replace him with, unless we take on Doug Brien from the Jets.

Like that's an upgrade..

I really hope Mitch Meeuwsen wins the starting FS job. He proved he's got decent speed at 4.49. He's got great hops and great height. The man will make some plays for us...

good news for the F-Feely Fan club, it looks like Gannon may a june 1 cut. I personally don't want him but if saban brings him on then maybe I'll stopseeing the same argument worded 124 different ways. *not a feely lover, he is what he is, either he wins the starting job and improves significantly (sp?) THIS year or he's gone. I don't understand what so wrong with that...

Back
Top Bottom