June 1st News & Notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

June 1st News & Notes

dolfreak

RoNNiE 4 MVP
Reaction score
We should keep an eye on Schulters and Rod Gardner

Chicago BearsUpdated:05/25/2005Offensive lineman L.J. Shelton, who was released by the Cardinals, passed a physical administered by the Bears on Tuesday, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. He is expected to also visit with Houston and Kansas City. St. Louis and Jacksonville may be added next week.

Cleveland BrownsUpdated:06/01/2005The Akron Beacon Journal reports that linebacker Peter Boulware is expected to visit with the Browns on Thursday. He was released by the Ravens in a cost-cutting move. ... The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that starting left tackle Ross Verba will hold out until he gets a new contract.

Green Bay PackersUpdated:06/01/2005Coach Mike Sherman expects WR Javon Walker to attend the team's upcoming minicamp. Walker's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, says that is wishful thinking. Meanwhile, Sherman has told Brett Favre not to attend so that the quarterback can concentrate on off-the-field matters.

Miami DolphinsUpdated:06/01/2005The amount of money RB Ricky Williams will earn upon returning for the 2005 season is being debated, according to the Miami Herald. Williams' agent, Leigh Steinberg, says he can't see his client playing for the league minimum of $540,000. There is also a belief that Williams has a right to a $3.7 million salary, which would force the Dolphins to cut him because that amount would push the team over the salary cap. This could go to an arbitrator. ... Tim Bowens' agent believes his client will be released by the Dolphins on Wednesday, according to the Palm Beach Post. New Orleans SaintsUpdated:06/01/2005The New Orleans Times-Picayune reports that the Saints' search for help at wide receiver has led them to Az-Zahir Hakim, who visited with the team in New Orleans on Tuesday.

New York GiantsUpdated:05/27/2005The Giants may have an interest in R.W. McQuarters, who was released by Chicago, according to the New York Post. He already visited with the Redskins, but departed without signing a deal. The Bucs have also expressed an interest in him.

Oakland RaidersUpdated:06/01/2005Quarterback Rich Gannon is close to announcing his retirement, according to the Sacramento Bee.

Philadelphia EaglesUpdated:06/01/2005The Eagles on Wednesday announced they have signed RB Brian Westbrook to a one-year contract. Westbrook had been a restricted free agent.

San Francisco 49ersUpdated:05/25/2005Coach Mike Nolan is optimistic when discussing negotiations for top overall pick Alex Smith, according to the Oakland Tribune. Smith's agent, Tom Condon, will be in San Francisco at the end of the week to further contract talks.

Tampa Bay BuccaneersUpdated:06/01/2005The Tampa Tribune reports that tackle Todd Steussie, running back Charlie Garner and guard Matt Stinchcomb could be released by the Bucs in cost-cutting moves on Wednesday.

Tennessee TitansUpdated:06/01/2005Safety Lance Schulters is expected to be released by the Titans on Wednesday in a cost-cutting move, according to the Nashville Tennessean.

Washington RedskinsUpdated:06/01/2005The Washington Post reports that linebacker Mike Barrow and receiver Rod Gardner could be released in cost-cutting moves by the Redskins on Wednesday. The Washington Times reports that returner Chad Morton could be a casualty

You will need to post a link and just post part of the article due to copyright issues.

MelbournePhin said:
which one? steussie is too old imo.
Dunno much about either one. Just know our line needs help and some additional seniority may not help. Additionally they would not need to sell their house and move :D

Bowl_Bound said:
The lineman from TB should be on our radar as well.

You gotta be joking. I live in Tampa and my dad is a huge Bucs fan. Everyone hates Stuessie, he was a major dissapointment. He was maybe there worst linmen, and thats saying alot. No way do i want this guy anywhere near Miami.

Stuessie, Gardner, and Schulters are need areas that might of interest to the Phins IMO.

I must be drunk...what I was trying to say while typwriter babbling was that we need a LT,FS, and WR depth.

albyfinfan said:
read all the way in at the bottom,... i dont know why the fins waited so long to cut D.Bowens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8523574

We haven't cut D.Bowens yet. The article says "possibly cutting". I imagine they haven't made up their minds on cutting him, that's why he's still around, at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom