June First Cuts, Who would you want to pickup? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

June First Cuts, Who would you want to pickup?

byroan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Wide receivers expected to be released are Johnnie Morton (Kansas City Chiefs), Peter Warrick (Cincinnati Bengals) and Rod Gardner (Washington Redskins)

I don't think we need any more WR's although I wouldn't mind Warrick.

Other likely offensive castoffs are tackles Scott Gragg (49ers), Todd Steussie (Tampa Bay Buccaneers) and Kyle Turley (St. Louis Rams); guard Matt Stinchcomb (Buccaneers);

Do we really need anymore money tied up in our OL?

running backs Charlie Garner (Buccaneers) and Chad Morton (Redskins); and Raiders quarterback Rich Gannon, who's expected to retire because of a neck injury.

I'll pass on all of them.

Defensively, waiver-wire candidates include cornerback Bobby Taylor (Seattle Seahawks), safeties Lance Schulters (Tennessee Titans) and Mike Logan (Pittsburgh Steelers), linebacker Mike Barrow (Redskins), tackle Wendell Bryant (Arizona Cardinals) and ends Calvin Pace (Cardinals) and David Bowens (Miami Dolphins).

Bowens looks like he'll be gone for sure. I'd like to see us go after Schulters.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/sports/football/nfl/san_francisco_49ers/11768206.htm

I hope we release David Bowens and sign R.W. McQuarters and Lance Schulters. Or perhaps at least one of them. :up:

correct me if im wrong, but didnt the cards draft pace over terrell suggs? now hes getting cut? sucks for them

If Rod Gardner is cut and we dont pursue him thats loony. There may not be a great need there but why pass up the talent, cap space withstanding of course. Hes certainly better than Thompson as a #4.

Also wouldnt mind if we took a shot on Wendell Bryant. He was a high 1st rd pick so theres likely to be some talent there. Maybe a change of scenary is what he needs?

MelbournePhin said:
correct me if im wrong, but didnt the cards draft pace over terrell suggs? now hes getting cut? sucks for them
Nah, actually Suggs went a little earlier... but they did draft Pace ahead of McGahee and yes... it does suck for them. :tongue:

painnotpleasure said:
Nah, actually Suggs went a little earlier... but they did draft Pace ahead of McGahee and yes... it does suck for that. :tongue:

i see. what a waste of a pick.

bring in wendell. im sure he could beat out z-gon

bryant, schulters, and RWM would make me happy. it worst, it would spark the competition in TC and make the decision of who to keep easier

Bring in Wendell Bryant. With the lack of depth on the DLINE and the good amount of cap room we have left it would be another no-lose situation for Saban. He's worth a shot.

Sign Shulters and McQuarters. I would also bring Turley in for a visit. I think they would afford all three if they cut D.Bowens and put Poole on the IR.

Wendell Bryant was a 1st rd pick like 3 seasons ago, and I think Pace was a 1st rd pick two seasons ago. Denny Greene must really not see any talent in either one of the.

Back
Top Bottom