Jurrell Casey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jurrell Casey

EJay

Scout Team
Reaction score
Anybody know much about this guy? I read an article about the "Rogue Scout", Dave Razzano, who actually lives about 5 miles from me, and he is pretty high on Jurrell Casey. Seeing how the Dolphins could use a NT, I thought he could be a possibility, especially if he is as good as Razzano thinks. Anybody see this kid play? Is he legit?

In the article linked below, Razzano also has interesting comments / analysis on Blaine Gabbert, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick and Jake Locker.

Other than being wrong about Aaron Rodgers (which he admitted in the article), this guy seems to have a lot of credibility. He was high on Brian Urlacher, Wes Welker and Davone Bess coming out of college and lost his job arguing that Alex Smith was nothing more than a backup-caliber quarterback.

When I asked him to name an off-the-radar player in this year’s draft that he regards as a potential Pro Bowl performer, his eyes lit up excitedly. “There’s a defensive tackle at USC named Jurrell Casey, and he’s the protypical nose [tackle],” Razzano said. “He’s like another Michael Carter, who we got in the fifth round in San Francisco – one of the all-time steals. I see he’s rated as the ninth-best defensive tackle. If they do a [mock] re-draft in a few years, he’ll be a top-seven pick.”
Razzano showed me some tape of Casey from last year’s game against Cal, and the visual evidence was impressive.
“Watch him split the double-team here,” Razzano said as Casey burst between the Bears’ center and left guard. “Look at that nasty explosiveness. I’m telling you, it’s [like the Pittsburgh Steelers’] Casey Hampton. He has short-area quickness and enough of a motor to satisfy me. You have to realize, defensive linemen don’t all have great work ethic. That’s why they’re big. But [Jurrell Casey’s] a naturally explosive guy, and they’re hard to find.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_rogue_scout_enjoys_label_042511

Back
Top Bottom