Just a crazy thought here | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a crazy thought here

Dolfansal

Starter
Reaction score
I am stir crazy from this quarantine.

Let's say you draft Tua at #5 this year. You sit him for the year so he can be fully healed for 2021 season. We have an awful season and we have the #1 pick next year. Do you take Lawrence in 2021 draft and have them battle for the starting job?

We're not getting the top pick in 2021......this was the year to do it but we blew it.

I look for Jax, Car, and Wash to battle out who picks #1 next yr. My $$ is on Jax!

I've always looked at this as a 2-3 year rebuild. I think this F/O gets its and has planned accordingly for the next 2 seasons. With both numerous draft picks and cap space available for both 2020 and 2021. I'm not sure most fans see it that way. I also don't think Flores is in any kind of trouble, if he should faulter a bit in 2020.

I believe the F/O has a plan which includes 2021, as it's guide to finding the type of players that they feel, they can win with. The QB class of 2021 is loaded with talent. I'm just not sold on Miami being in it for 2020, especially if Gailey fails as OC. Too many questions surround the Offensive side of the ball. Not sure you can fix them all in 2020? But one thing is for certain, Flores will get the most out of his team. What that looks like in terms of wins and losses, is yet to be determined.

Let's say you draft Tua at #5 this year. You sit him for the year so he can be fully healed for 2021 season. We have an awful season and we have the #1 pick next year. Do you take Lawrence in 2021 draft and have them battle for the starting job?
I'm all for Simmons this year and draft a QB next year but I keep getting blasted by people when I say it.

I look for Jax, Car, and Wash to battle out who picks #1 next yr. My $$ is on Jax!
My money is on Carolina. I think Washington will be competitive. They have a very good d-line, as it is, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them moving Chase Young and getting Andrew Thomas on the back end of the top 10.

I don’t think Lawrence will be the top pick in the 2021 draft.

I think if the team is bad enough to take Lawrence, a lot went wrong and fans will question if Flores is the answer as head coach.

Fans, but not the front office. Flores is safe unless he has a Woody Hayes moment or something similarly inexplicable.

Trevor Lawrence was barely 50% completions in the two playoff games last year. He resorted to running against Ohio State because he sensed his passing wasn't accomplishing anything. In the championship game he was so overmatched by Burrow I stopped paying attention.

Top prospect but I think there's still too much of a halo based on that game against Alabama.

Much more of a line drive type than my preference. He also needs to go back to running less, not more. Those long legs are too easy of a target.

Fans, but not the front office. Flores is safe unless he has a Woody Hayes moment or something similarly inexplicable.

Trevor Lawrence was barely 50% completions in the two playoff games last year. He resorted to running against Ohio State because he sensed his passing wasn't accomplishing anything. In the championship game he was so overmatched by Burrow I stopped paying attention.

Top prospect but I think there's still too much of a halo based on that game against Alabama.

Much more of a line drive type than my preference. He also needs to go back to running less, not more. Those long legs are too easy of a target.
More closely resembled Herbert in that game. I think he's probably a better prospect than Herbert, but we'll see.

Yes, I believe Flores is safe. I think Miami's floor this year might be around .500. We'll see how the draft plays out.

I am not sure i don't prefer Fields over Lawrence next year.

I am not in love with Lawrence's soph season, especially considering the weapons at his disposal.

Still not over Travis Etienne not being in this Draft.

Alex Leatherwood too. He would have made it a lot easier for Miami to get an OT at 18.

With the unsettled nature of college football next year I bet both are regretting not coming out.

And I'm not convinced Tua/Herbert sit the entire year. I'm still afraid of the 'bad' RF

Back
Top Bottom