Just a few thoughts on the game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a few thoughts on the game

vaneasy2338

Club Member
Reaction score
-When I was watching the game, I saw a pass completed to Shancoe. I saw Smith covering, and all of a sudden it hit me. Why had none of us talked about this idea? Smith covering receiving tight ends is such an ideal job for him. He has the size to do it, and he is certainly athletic enough to cover them. I don't know if the front office had planned to do this with Smith after he was benched. We all said he couldn't play nickel, but what we forget to realize he is an absolulety perfect fit to man up against tight ends. How good was that play on fourth down by him?
-How about Jason Allen and Vontae Davis? Three picks between the two of them (not to mention Jason Allen had a pick on a play with offsetting penalties). We knew Vontae had the talent, no one saw Jason Allen playing this good during the offseason. I think a lot of credit should be given to Nolan for the progession of both these players. Jason Allen really looked good on that first pick. Isn't funny how much Omar trashed him during training camp, and now look at where he is.The offense needs to take advantage of those picks, not give the ball back the next play.
-Seems we still have trouble with third and long. I don't expect us to be great in these situations (they are advantegous to the defense), but we appear to struggle more than the norm. Just like last year, any holding penalty we get just kills drives. We need to get better at getting those chunk yards when the defense knows we need them. Wheather it be a rb screen, deep ball to Marshall, or something over the middle to Bess we just need to find a way to get those long yardage situations more managable.
-I could be wrong but I think this is our first game on NBC sunday night. Looking foward to it very much so. How nice would it be for us to shut Rex Ryan up (temporarily at least)?

Back
Top Bottom