Just a question | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a question

Has Rosen improved? Sure

Enough to not draft a qb? No.

Rosen is playing at level below what we got from Tannehill, and people hated on him for years and years. Yet Rosen "looks good enough to build around"
Laughable

I think we do … no need to put all eggs in one basket when you have a shot at something great vs something good … if it works out you have a very good back up on a cheap contract or a decent commodity for trade … regardless you never stop planning for tomorrow IMO

I agree, with one exception.

If we keep Rosen and Draft a QB, then the draft position of the new QB is irrelevant with regards to who starts!

The QB the coaches determine is playing the best or gives us the best chance to win is the one we should go with!

The second best QB should be the backup. If our drafted QB ends up as our backup and we get some trade offers for a good draft pick then we should consider taking it and drafting another QB.

We should always be looking at the draft for QB's in order to improve our capability at that position, either for depth or for a better 1st string QB.

The assumption that a high draft pick for a QB gets you a good QB hasn't met the test of time. Remember Manziel?

Not you bro

I am laughing along side - Tannehill was heaps better than what we have
Right on. Yeah, for sure! I was an RT supporter for a loooong time, but finally came to terms with he was just average.Rosen isnt even that. His pocket presence is better and as a 2nd year player he has a decent deep ball,thats about it

Right on. Yeah, for sure! I was an RT supporter for a loooong time, but finally came to terms with he was just average.Rosen isnt even that. His pocket presence is better and as a 2nd year player he has a decent deep ball,thats about it
I wanted to believe Tanne but he couldn’t work it out on the grand stage - he is still better than what we have and that is why they sent him away As Tua has been the target

Roll with Rosen for another year, look to get this guy.
Better fit for the O we're gonna run.
1570326915398.png

Disclaimer: I don't dislike Tua I would just rather see Trev here. I'll take 6'6" over 6'1" any day, that's huge for a QB...

Just a question be easy on me , if Rosen keeps improving do we really need to draft a qb or one that is already proven?

If he keeps improving then the answer would be yes but bear in mind that for some there is nothing Rosen could do which would change their minds on drafting a QB.
The best thing what could happen to the Dolphins is that Rosen improves to the point that the coaches decided that Rosen could be our future. It would accelerate our rebuilding tremendously. But the Dolphins can really not lose in this situation. Even if Rosen busts out we can still draft a QB.

Two good QBs on a team will hurt nothing just like the Eagles had in Foles & Wentz. If something happens to 1 maybe the other can get you to the SB. Yes...They still need to spend a high pick on a QB

Bad example. Wentz was drafted by Philadelphia when Foles was not on the team. Foles was drafted in 2012 in the 3rd round and traded a couple years later. Philly picked him up as an FA in 2017.
If you have a franchise QB you simply do not waste a first round pick on a QB unless that franchise QB is an aging player or a franchise QB who has not brought any significant success over a period of time and you want to replace that QB eventually.

If you decide that a 22-year old Rosen could become your future franchise QB it is a waste of resources to blow on a QB in the top 10.

Yes, we need to draft another one... but the real debate is whether we do it in the first round or on the third day of the draft.
I have been a proponent of the third day strategy.
I could go with that. If Rosen would be declared as our franchise QB (if he improves enough) I would not be opposed to draft a QB in later rounds. Just not in the 1st round. 1st round is only for QB if you need a franchise QB (i.e. if Rosen would not improve).

Has Rosen improved? Sure

Enough to not draft a qb? No.

Rosen is playing at level below what we got from Tannehill, and people hated on him for years and years. Yet Rosen "looks good enough to build around"
Stop it. Nobody declared Rosen to be anything. Most like to give him a chance. And if he improves and becomes our franchise QB then, yes, you build around him.

Stop it. Nobody declared Rosen to be anything. Most like to give him a chance. And if he improves and becomes our franchise QB then, yes, you build around him.
C'mon man, you know theres posters here who think he's shown enough to bypass a qb. I know youre on the wait and see boat and thats fine

Back
Top Bottom