Just a question | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a question

I was in Tannehills corner the first two years as well and I soured on him after the 2013 season (his second). But for some reason (being critical while hoping he turns it around) I was given the label "Tannehill hater". :lol:
It was a few of us here. I remember you being one who didn't fold under pressure from the masses for telling the truth.

I'm wondering why there is still Tannehill support on the board as well.
I'm wondering why you quoted my post but didn't say anything

But why are you ignoring Rosen's amazing TD/int ratio and completion percentage? Lemme guess, "its irrelevant"

Roll with Rosen for another year, look to get this guy.
Better fit for the O we're gonna run.
View attachment 27559

Disclaimer: I don't dislike Tua I would just rather see Trev here. I'll take 6'6" over 6'1" any day, that's huge for a QB...
Should be put a list together of 6’6 QBs to win SBs Vs 6’1 QBs to win SBs???

I'm wondering why you quoted my post but didn't say anything

But why are you ignoring Rosen's amazing TD/int ratio and completion percentage? Lemme guess, "its irrelevant"
The TD INT is one sided due to the skill level of all of Rosen's 'weapons':

Parker...the #1 WR who lost his #1 spot to a WR who has more police charges than TDs. I won't even mention how dependable Gesicki is...to the opposition's DC.

Yet you think Tannehill would do better behind this line.

The TD INT is one sided due to the skill level of all of Rosen's 'weapons':

Parker...the #1 WR who lost his #1 spot to a WR who has more police charges than TDs. I won't even mention how dependable Gesicki is...to the opposition's DC.

Yet you think Tannehill would do better behind this line.

yeeeeah... okay. Whatever you have to tell yourself man

Should be put a list together of 6’6 QBs to win SBs Vs 6’1 QBs to win SBs???
I'll do it for you.
Without even looking that up the likelihood is it's going to be 6'1" considering the average height for an American male is 5' 9.5". Common sense would tell you based on the mathmatics there would be a higher likelihood as the number of males 6'6 pales in comparison to ones that are 6'1. But let's look a little deeper into it.
There have been 8- 6'1"(or shorter) QB's to win a Super Bowl for a total of 10 wins. Due to the fact the height of 6'6" is rare, let alone for a QB, we will use 6'5" and up, still pretty rare. In the modern Superbowl era, there have been 6 QB's 6'5" and above who have won a Super Bowl for a total of 9. So yes, there were more 6'1" or shorter QB's (8) vs 6'5" or taller QB's (6) to win it, by two.
In the history of the NFL, there have been 43 QB's 6'1 or shorter to just 14 taller than 6'6". There have only been 2 QB's (Drew Brees & Russell Wilson) who have won a Superbowl in the 2000s that were 6'1 or under (that's 18 opportunities), consequently, all 9 Super Bowls won by QB's 6'5" or taller have been in the 2000s. That's half of every SB in the 2000s. More than half (5) of the 6'1" QB SB wins were in the 1970s. So clearly the statistics show, being 6'5" or taller in the current era gives you a much higher probability of winning a SB, if you get there.
50% of the winners in the 2000's have been 6'5" or taller vs 11% for 6'1" and under.
I'll stick with my original statement.

I'll do it for you.
Without even looking that up the likelihood is it's going to be 6'1" considering the average height for an American male is 5' 9.5". Common sense would tell you based on the mathmatics there would be a higher likelihood as the number of males 6'6 pales in comparison to ones that are 6'1. But let's look a little deeper into it.
There have been 8- 6'1"(or shorter) QB's to win a Super Bowl for a total of 10 wins. Due to the fact the height of 6'6" is rare, let alone for a QB, we will use 6'5" and up, still pretty rare. In the modern Superbowl era, there have been 6 QB's 6'5" and above who have won a Super Bowl for a total of 9. So yes, there were more 6'1" or shorter QB's (8) vs 6'5" or taller QB's (6) to win it, by two.
In the history of the NFL, there have been 43 QB's 6'1 or shorter to just 14 taller than 6'6". There have only been 2 QB's (Drew Brees & Russell Wilson) who have won a Superbowl in the 2000s that were 6'1 or under (that's 18 opportunities), consequently, all 9 Super Bowls won by QB's 6'5" or taller have been in the 2000s. That's half of every SB in the 2000s. More than half (5) of the 6'1" QB SB wins were in the 1970s. So clearly the statistics show, being 6'5" or taller in the current era gives you a much higher probability of winning a SB, if you get there.
50% of the winners in the 2000's have been 6'5" or taller vs 11% for 6'1" and under.
I'll stick with my original statement.

I wasn’t going to do it - how tall is Tom Brady? 6’4

Is he any good???

If he keeps improving then the answer would be yes but bear in mind that for some there is nothing Rosen could do which would change their minds on drafting a QB.
The best thing what could happen to the Dolphins is that Rosen improves to the point that the coaches decided that Rosen could be our future. It would accelerate our rebuilding tremendously. But the Dolphins can really not lose in this situation. Even if Rosen busts out we can still draft a QB.

There is not enough talent surrounding Rosen, for us to truly know 100% that Rosen is a QB who can win a superbowl this year, even if he improves. What is the bar? How will we know he will reach an elite level, top 5 or 6 for example? That uncertainty is why we have to draft another prospect next draft, and we are built to draft one high in 2020, hopefully 1st. Then, we would be in a great position, let Rosen and the new prospect battle it out! Increases our chances of getting the guy significantly because we can’t afford to miss again. We still have plenty of cap space and picks to begin to plug the holes on this team to set the QB up to succeed. We’ll be able to get a much better gauge on things with competition when the team is actually trying to win in terms of the talent level they are putting on the field.

Back
Top Bottom