Just a question | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a question

Has Rosen improved? Sure

Enough to not draft a qb? No.

Rosen is playing at level below what we got from Tannehill, and people hated on him for years and years. Yet Rosen "looks good enough to build around"
Tannehill wouldnt make it on this squad

Just a question be easy on me , if Rosen keeps improving do we really need to draft a qb or one that is already proven?

If he improves enough to prove to the coaching staff he can be a franchise QB, then it would be smarter to use the picks to surround Rosen to grow to be a better QB.

On the other hand if he fails to impress the coaches or even does well, but still leaves some doubt if he could be the man to take up the QB position for the next 10+ years, then Miami has to use one of the picks to bring in one of the top QBs to compete next year against an already behind theb8 ball Rosen.

Rosen still has to 12 games to prove himself, and that does not exactly mean he needs to win every games, but he does have to show he is taking this inferior team, and still getting the offense to play well against anyone.

If he improves enough to prove to the coaching staff he can be a franchise QB, then it would be smarter to use the picks to surround Rosen to grow to be a better QB.

On the other hand if he fails to impress the coaches or even does well, but still leaves some doubt if he could be the man to take up the QB position for the next 10+ years, then Miami has to use one of the picks to bring in one of the top QBs to compete next year against an already behind theb8 ball Rosen.

Rosen still has to 12 games to prove himself, and that does not exactly mean he needs to win every games, but he does have to show he is taking this inferior team, and still getting the offense to play well against anyone.

Agree. Whether some like ir or not, there are 12 games left for Rosen to change the mind of many fans. Denying his body of work will change is walking away from reality. The question everyone has is will he improve enough. That's a legitimate question and one I wish would be skipped until the week following game 16. Hoping one way or another when there are 12 games left is clearly premature.

Agree. Whether some like ir or not, there are 12 games left for Rosen to change the mind of many fans. Denying his body of work will change is walking away from reality. The question everyone has is will he improve enough. That's a legitimate question and one I wish would be skipped until the week following game 16. Hoping one way or another when there are 12 games left is clearly premature.

This, this is far to important a decision to not take in as much information as possible.

After this week, we will still be less then a third of the way there, so no reason to make decisions now. Get all the info, and make a better, more educated decision in the off-Season.

He has improved, and it is biased not to admit it. Having said that, he has a very long road to be a legit starter.

This year he has 1 TD 4 Ints. 51 completion %. 57 Passer Rating. 5.7 YPA

All these stats are literally worst than last year. Thats saying something because they were dog **** last year. But but but he had a TD dropped. I dont care. Hes had Ints dropped too.

We need some points, so here are 3:

1) Rosen was a steal and is starting to show some capability.

2) There is no reason not to draft a QB in 2020. This is totally independent of Rosen and how he performs.

3) The BURNING QUESTION is: which pick should we use for a QB.

3a) Some want the team to do what ever is necessary to secure the first pick in the draft. This means losing every game and or trading up if necessary for the 1st pick of the draft.

I can't imagine a worse waste of resources. We need as many picks as we can get because our draft capital after our next two drafts will be rapidly dwindling. We need a lot of improvement at a lot of positions and a lot more and better depth at every position.

3b) Some want our 1st pick, which may or may not be the first pick of the draft, to be a QB. Many have a specific QB in mind.

I don't care what pick we use for a QB as long as they can at least a competent back up and preferably a franchise QB. I don't know if we should limit ourselves to drafting only one QB. It depends on the offensive line talent and the defensive backfield talent that will be available. Keep in mind that we might go a little crazy with UDFA's in order to build some depth across the board as quickly as possible. We need to limit FA's to good, but not necessarily great players to keep from breaking the bank while getting some reasonable play. This will probably be true for the next 2 years.

I believe we will need to identify our most serious positional needs and match each need with the best available player in the draft at that position. Then, of those matches, pick the one which will help the team the most, keeping in mind who our following two picks are likely to be. This needs to be re-evaluated for every pick we have during the draft. We should seek opportunities to draft back for more picks if the front office and coaches are satisfied that the resultant extra picks will provide more team improvement then not drafting back and going with our board. This is most likely to be seen near the front of the draft.

It's not the biggest fish you catch, but the size and number of all the fish you catch that determine how well you fished!

Tannehill would turn his back toward the rush and take a sack! I've seen it to many times.

In 15 starts, Rosen’s had one game where his passer rating was higher than tannehills average of 88. ONE GAME. Stay in your lane, kid.

In 15 starts, Rosen’s had one game where his passer rating was higher than tannehills average of 88. ONE GAME. Stay in your lane, kid.
Still defending Tannehill? I'm in the Dolphins lane kid! Not Tannehills OR Rosens.
Do you believe we would be better than 0-4 if Tannehill were still here? Really?

Still defending Tannehill? I'm in the Dolphins lane kid! Not Tannehills OR Rosens.
Do you believe we would be better than 0-4 if Tannehill were still here? Really?

You are defending a player that has a career 65 passer rating in today’s NFL. Do you know how hard that is?

Back
Top Bottom