Just a thought on Thigpen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a thought on Thigpen

houtz

"guess who's back, back again"
Club Member
Reaction score
I've been looking over highlights of Thigpen and reading all the "experts" opinions on him and it made me think, could Tyler Thigpen have been brought in to add another dimension to the wildcat?

Now before you flame me hear me out. In the wildcat Pennington lines up at WR. We all saw that Thigpen TD catch last season. So now we have a QB that "might" be able to make plays as a WR and also has the ability to throw the football. Could this be the reason Thigpen was on the Fins radar?

While they could occasionally do that, I doubt it for a couple of reasons. First, they needed someone to back up Henne with experience and risking him on occasional spot duty really doesn't make much sense. And secondly, wasn't that what White was brought into do? Run, hand off or pass out of the WC ?
I think you'll see Thigpen standing there watching the offense and learning. Until he gets up to speed on all that, he's not going to be doing much of anything else.

we need something idk why the wildcat has been working so well without a passing element it seems easy to stop to me. like the colts kept a safety back when they knew ronnie was gonna run it himself or hand it to ricky. thats bad defense and teams will wise up i wouldnt be afraid that ronnie was gonna throw if i was an opposing team

So now we have a QB that "might" be able to make plays as a WR and also has the ability to throw the football. Could this be the reason Thigpen was on the Fins radar?

YES,This is the reason we traded a draft pick for Tyler

because he 'MIGHT" BE ABLE TO MAKE PLAYS AT WR
and has the ability to throw the football..wtf
"you forgot could breath without a machine"

Back
Top Bottom