Just a thought | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
WharfRat said:
Again... if there is a problem with what you see as a "power hungry" or "immature" mod. PM either me, inFINS, MindWarp, or PPPMI...
the analogy between the warning system , and rating users is preposterous. We've been tracking user warnings for years, nothings changed there, and it's not a "rating system".
Simple solution...take it or leave it... get in touch with an Admin, or try to get AJ's attention, if you have a problem with any of the staff.
Case Closed.

I am not trying to do anything more then just make a simple observation this isn't an attack on you or the site just a suggestion from a members standpoint, thats all Wharf. I understand how you feel and I understand what you're saying, but others are adding thier input and I'm just reponding to them, nothing more.

WharfRat said:
I just have to ask...

If it's so bad here, why do you stay?

Why do you ask this question, I love this site it's just got a few things that need to be discussed and since we are members and not Admin or Mods don't you want this from us?? This is the correct forum for this thread and as I said this isn't an attack on the site, but just an obsevation from members who care and want to be a part of this great site. Becuase we see something needs improvement it's an attack on the site??? No way, it's just input thats all. I really care about this site and I love it, but as with anything it has it's flaws. What do you expect from such a big operation?? I love it here Wharf and I mean no disrespect to you or the ones that truly want the best here.

feelthepain said:
Please, I have better things to do, however I won't stand ideally bye and let a 19 year old kid talk to me as if they are talking to thier 12 year old brother simply because they are a Mod.

Seeing as I'm the only 19 year old mod, you're obviously talking about me. When have I ever talked down to you?

feelthepain said:
Why do you ask this question, I love this site it's just got a few things that need to be discussed and since we are members and not Admin or Mods don't you want this from us?? This is the correct forum for this thread and as I said this isn't an attack on the site, but just an obsevation from members who care and want to be a part of this great site. Becuase we see something needs improvement it's an attack on the site??? No way, it's just input thats all. I really care about this site and I love it, but as with anything it has it's flaws. What do you expect from such a big operation?? I love it here Wharf and I mean no disrespect to you or the ones that truly want the best here.

I wasn't asking you. :wink: .. I was asking Philter... he seems to jump on the chance to take a slam at the site.

WharfRat said:
isn't that what you're implying we have here?
Not at all wharf. I wasnt implying anything, I was sticking up for the guy who made a valid suggestion. This IS a suggestion forum, so RI shouldnt tell anyone in the suggestion forum to stop crying when they are making a suggestion. FTP made a simple suggestion which a few of us backed up or gave a little more depth to......

WharfRat said:
I just have to ask...

If it's so bad here, why do you stay?

And to your first post, I never said it was horrible here, im sure you know there are always cases where members think a mod crosses their boundaries. Perfect example was WB's post in response to the comment, which is why I responded with the "shhh, you might offend them". To me that came off as very rude and he could have addressed FTP's original post or the other posts in this thread in a more polite manner.

There were a few times when Muck banned someone and he left a comment or two in their post which I didnt think was nice and I think he went beyond what was needed. It had nothing to do with me or anyone I talked to, it was just something that everyone on FH could read. Thats what im talking about.

If you are going to ban someone for attacking a persons post or breaking the TOS, dont leave a personal attack or a public message that might be a little sarcastic or demeaning afterwards.

WharfRat said:
I wasn't asking you. :wink: .. I was asking Philter... he seems to jump on the chance to take a slam at the site.

Show me where I took a slam on the site. I agree with FTP's original post. Sometimes I think the mods tend to go beyond what is necessary and I agree with his suggestion.

I thought my posts were direct and to the point and I re-read them both after I typed them up to make sure my remarks were not taken out of context.........

Philter25 said:
Stop your crying about other peoples suggestions and start your own suggestion free forum. :wink:

You of all people throwing your support behind an idea automatically makes it suspect. Your fervent support works to guarantee its failure.

FiRI at least cares about the site. You don't have the site's best interests at heart. Your opinion doesn't even register.

byroan said:
Seeing as I'm the only 19 year old mod, you're obviously talking about me. When have I ever talked down to you?

I chose that age as an avg. Becuase there seems to be a lot of young Mods here.

NaboCane said:
You of all people throwing your support behind an idea automatically makes it suspect. Your fervent support works to guarantee its failure.

FiRI at least cares about the site. You don't have the site's best interests at heart. Your opinion doesn't even register.
Wow.

I thought my posts were polite and to the point and not trying to slander anything at all. I mildly defended my position without trying to take a dig at anyone. Thank you for bringing it down a level and almost making my point for me. Your negative undertone to my post was exactly what I was talking about when I said sometimes mods go beyond what was necessary. I thought I raised my suggestion in a polite and tactful way.

Guess not.

The only post I was sarcastic with was FinRI's because he was complaining about people correctly AND TACTFULLY using the suggestion forum.

Since Wharf said you guys track members history, look up mine Nabo. Its pretty much squeaky clean. I usually abide by TOS, and the few times I butted heads with mods, before you were a mod I might add, I felt I did so politely and I had many discussions behind the scenes and through PM. I;ve also had a few PM convo's with Wharf and Infins (before he was a mod) about any concerns I had about certain situations and I felt I did so in a polite manner. Your stereotyping in trying to knock my intentions is inaccurate.

Philter25 said:
Wow.

I thought my posts were polite and to the point and not trying to slander anything at all. I mildly defended my position without trying to take a dig at anyone. Thank you for bringing it down a level.

The only post I was sarcastic with was FinRI's because he was complaining about people correctly AND TACTFULLY using the suggestion forum.

I was polite. I just have a blunt style and believe in telling a person what I think. To say that you aren't a friend of this site is accurate, however it may be that you perceive the statement.

In fact, I'm surprised that scrap hasn't weighed in by now, or more of the other boys with their various aliases.

Since we are being blunt now, Im an individual and I have my own thoughts and beliefs Nabo. You stereotyping me on the actions of a group is insulting. Again, look up my warning history or whatever Wharf said you guys keep tabs on. Also look at my other post history. Believe it or not, I dont check in with Scrap after every post I make. You guys can track PMs, check mine. Im squeaky clean Nabo, you guys just like to associate me with people you have had problems with because I joked around with them in the lounge when in fact I was always on the outside and I was never a direct cause of any shenanigans.

I was actually shocked with Wharf's comments because I addressed and settled my concerns with Wharf through PM months ago when you were just a member. So what makes me not a friend of this site as I was unaware that I had achieved that status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom